It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:43 pm 
I JUST THOUGHT OF JERRY SCHEFF TODAY, AND WONDERED WHY HE AS NEVER SAID MUCH ABOUT HIS TIME WITH ELVIS, BUT I SEEN THIS. JERRY SEEMED TO ME TO BE A LITTLE SHY, I KNOW HE SURE COULD PLAY THAT BAS GUITAR. FOR THE LOVE OF ELVIS! BARB!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:26 am 
YES I BET ELVIS WOULD HAVE DONE A FANTASTIC JOB WITH THAT SONG, SUCH A REAL SHAME HE DIDN'T GET TO DO IT. BARB!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:01 pm 
THANKS SUE, FOR THE INFORMATION ABOUT JERRY! SEE LIKE JERRY SAID THERE WAS SOMETHING BAD WRONG WITH ELVVIS THEN, I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW BLIND SOME OF THOSE PEOPLE WERE! :x BARB!

Last edited by Barbara Lea on Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:42 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I keep on wondering about how much courage Elvis had in his life time, being sickly from childhood to the day he died and yet, being able to accomplish so much, in so many fields.

We all can imagine where his strengh came from... All those angels and guides busy around him, all day long. :) :)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:17 am 
I DON'T KNOW IF ANY OF YOU EVER HEAR WHEN ELVIS, SINGING SOME OF THEM SONGS RIGHT BEFORE HE LEFT US, BUT I HAVE HEARD HIM WIZZING VERY BAD. LIKE SOME ONE WITH LUNG PROBLEMS, I HAVE ALSO SEEN HIM USE BREATHING INHALERS TO. BARB!

Post subject: difficulty catching his breath
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:00 am 
Site Admin

You're right, he was having breathing problems, he used inhalers quite often and even used them in On Tour-he had algeries to evergreen trees etc; and some chemicals as well. But with that transverse colon that cross right beneath the lungs and under the ribs, being blocked up and enlarged, it crowded his lungs and also he was having heart probelms but wasn't being treated for that apparently, since no one has come forth to say that he was seen for heart failure. What ever it all was, he knew and he chose to keep it quiet. So he became "pale and went upstairs to lie down" in the midst of a recording session. He HAD to have felt horrible to leave his music and the guys, the thing he loved to do most, and said was "more fun that sex" most of the time, and go up to lie down because he felt so bad. Right, where were those 24-7 guys? No body noticed...Lisa is right on. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:19 pm 
I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT EITHER, LIKE CHARLIE IF HE WAS SO ATTENTIVE TO ELVIS. WHY DIDN'T HE REALISE SOMETHING BAD WAS WRONG? BARB!

Post subject: Charlie
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:21 pm 
Site Admin

Charlie did notice, but Elvis wouldn't listen. Charlie wanted to believe him, he didn't want to even think that Elvis might die... Charlie would have died in his place gladly... he may be the only one who actually did try to be a help to Elvis for Elvis' sake alone. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:44 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

"ONE HECK OF A LOT" indeed.

I agree totally with you, Sue.

Those who are able to help others, I feel they are honored by God. Elvis and Wanda for sure are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:16 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Sue. Just as much as you all uplifted mine! Each one, her own way. :D

I cry, lagh, smile, scandalize, chuckle. Everything! But beneath it there's Love flowing all the time. Is there a better lifter? :P

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]