It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Excerpts from letter written by former actress
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

"I tried my hand at acting, did some broadway bits then got lucky and was given a small role in a cowboy flick with Dean Martin-I only got the role because I was a "goodlookin' floozy" and that's what they needed for a few scenes. It was fun working with him, and he was every thing ever said about him-and then some! Too much for me to handle! After that role, I had a few others, nothing of any importance and I got married and had 5 children-all of whom have no interest in being in films. Thank the good Lord!
I purchased your book via Amazon a few weeks ago and have finally finished reading it for the 3 rd time. You write very well, tell a story with a realistic touch and give it life for the reader. I enjoyed it very much; especially the interview section where he could reveal himself in ways no one else would be able to do. I know there are some who doubt your friendship, however I do not and my reasons are simple-I had the pleasure of knowing him also and what you say of him, is exactly what he was when I was around him. He was a young man then, just getting his flim legs under him and about to be sent overseas as he had been drafted. He was making King Creole and was torn up inside with the thoughts of leaving his career for so long and trying to do the best acting job he could in hopes it might help him get back in when he got out of the army. He actually feared he would be forgotten, replaced and never get headlines again. I met him while he was winding up the film, he was staying in the Beverly Hills hotel and myself and two other ladies were sharing a suite while trying to keep our careers going. Elvis and I met on the elevator-that stopped half way between floors for a few minutes and he was a nervous wreck-he didn't like being closed in tight places, he said and he looked the part! He had a couple of friends with him, one was his cousin he said and the other I don't know now...but all three of them were getting panicky before that elevator moved along and behaved it's self. Elvis went up and down the stairs after that! He asked for my phone number a little later and invited me to come to his suite and have dinner with him at midnight. He was a perfect gentleman through dinner, showing me the sights from his balcony that looked down on Sunset and then we sat and looked at the lights going out and then star gazed a little bit. That's when he began nuzzling my neck, giving me little kisses and then better ones and I asked him if we should go inside before we both became chilled from the fever he was producing. He grinned, took my arm and led me inside, closed the door and pulled the drapes shut. I went into his arms and we ended up on the floor because I tripped over his big shoe! We lay there laughing and giggling like kids, but that soon changed. Elvis was a good lover, very impromptu, teasing and had fun being silly. He loved kissing and was very good at it-
when finally my dress was unbuttoned half way to my waist he was kissing my naval and then cracked us both up by blowing on my stomach like one does a pink bellied baby! I think I will always remember him laughing about that! He was very dear, we saw each other off and on and then his parents came to visit and he stayed with them most of the time. He took them all over town, showing them places where big stars lived, to studios and to all the sights. He was disappointed that he couldn't take them to Disneyland but he did go park so they got to see the fireworks and they went to Knottsberry farm with someone else since he couldn't go around like they could witihout him. Everywhere he went he attracted a crowd-it was amazing how often he was recognized and the reaction it brought out in people whom you would never dream would behave in such a manner!
I'll always love Elvis for being my friend, lover and he aslo helped me get a few jobs. He was some kind of wonderful, a loyal and true friend to anyone who would be his friend too. I never heard him say an unkind word about anyone, and he could have easily. I met the Tom Parker just once and immediately felt like I needed to take a bath. I didn't find him to be as intelligent as he was claimed at all; he had merely had the best luck anyone like him could ever expect and he found it in a young kid who was gifted, innocent and trusting that this man knew more than he and would help him realize his dreams. That was their deal Elvis said, he had to stay young, handsome and clean and the Col. would take him to the top, make him the biggest star in the world and all Elvis had to do was take his advice and do what he was told. And that's what Elvis did-unfortunately sometimes it wasn't the right thing for his career visions but he was the biggest star in the world-and still is as far as I am concerned. Thank you for your book, I know it must have hurt to relive so many sad moments but I wanted you to know that there are joyeous moments that far surpass the sad times through his life. You young lady, gave him some laughs and he needed them; your time and attention and he needed that; your ability to let him talk, and not put him down for his thoughts or make him feel lower and he needed that too. And you brought it all out into this wonderful little book that holds him up to the light of the world, showing everyone that he was a fine man, a good man and worth every loving thought and every dream ever dreamed. He lives in the pages, he laughs and he cries but mostly he shows love and kindness, patience and the heart of a saint. You made him proud, held him high and he shines!
I'd like to speak with you sometime and have included my phone numbers. I am 74 years young and live in Bel Air with a dear friend who is 82-he and I take care of each other. Please call between 9 am and 8 pm as we are late risers and early bedders.

With loving thoughts,

Mrs Carole Anderson Clark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:15 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

What a nice letter from someone who knew & appreciated Elvis. This lady could see Wanda that you knew Elvis because she had no ego to get in the way. The real Elvis comes through in the pages of your book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:46 am 

Thanks for sharing Wanda. I enjoyed reading the letter.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:03 pm 
Sun Dial

Me too, very good

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:23 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I loved that letter too. I appreciate the openness and sincerity of Mrs. Carole Anderson Clark, that matches perfectly yours, Wanda. 8) :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:53 pm 
Site Admin

We were watching tv the other day and saw part of a western with Dean Martin though missed most of it and didn't see the "floozy" at all...but her name Carol Anderson was in the credits that ran at the end...she played the "bar girl" and I had recently read that letter and put it aside for F. to F. incase I needed something else to fill empty pages...so posted it instead. Anyway, it was shot in color and was filmed in the early 60's sometime. I couldn't make out the Greek or whatever they are, dates they used to number things in films back then. Jimmie said early 60's as he'd seen the beginning of the film on the western channel last week and saw the ending this week. He watches the "war", the "news", "mechanical fixit's" and "western movies" mostly. And he likes to watch and listen to a few religious shows that talk about the end times as well. Elvis got him into that sort of thing and so he tries to keep following it along. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
Quote:
I loved that letter too. I appreciate the openness and sincerity of Mrs. Carole Anderson Clark, that matches perfectly yours, Wanda.

That goes for me too! Thank you for sharing this with us, Wanda and great to read! :P

That goes for me 3 Wanda! :wink: :P :D Such a beautiful and heartfelt letter to read. :D Thank you so much Wanda for sharing it with us. :D

Post subject: Re: Excerpts from letter written by former actress
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

Wow! I haven't been able to find that letter and here it turns up with your reviving this post! I wanted to include it in F to F and had just about given up finding it. I thought her letter was so nice, what she said of Elvis was beautifully put and once again, is the guy we knew too. It was so kind the way she put her thoughts about my writing etc: when it was pretty pitiful and the punctuation was horrendous! I'm not a writer at all, pretty awful in some areas in fact, and can only write what I know about, from what happened and if I had to sit down and do a book about something else, well, forget it! I'd never get it done! Yet she totally ignored my shortcomings - such a sweet lady. I think what she says about Elvis ought to be in f. to f.- that's what I wanted to use. Thanks again.
wjh

I also wanted to know the time frame of her letter and she says it was before his army stint though he had already been called up and was given time to finish the film before going in for training. so it was the late 50's when she was making the film with Dean Martin- Gosh, that seems so long ago now---

Post subject: Re: Excerpts from letter written by former actress
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:43 pm 
:D I'm also so Glad RainBowLight that you found this for Wanda and for me, because for some reason I missed this Beautiful LetterTotally. I'm also so Happy to hear that you Wanda want to put this in the New Book, Because this Women well Hopefully put to Rest these Ding Dongs that say you Never Knew Elvis. You know I have to Wonder RainBowLight if Elvis didn't have something to do with you Putting this Letter Back up for Wanda and the rest of Us, it is Strange! :hug: :lol:

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]