It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for posting this article for us my sweet friend. :D It was very interesting to read. :) The only thing that I didn't really like or should I say agree with that Chuck said was this part right here: "I hope, despite his struggles near the end, that Elvis too made peace with God, believing those gospel truths as well as he belted them out as a singer. "

Elvis most certainly WHOLEHEARTEDLY believed in every word he sang in all of his beautiful Gospel songs. :D Every note of all of those songs came from the depth of his precious heart and soul and his love for, and trust and belief in his Lord are very evident. :D If not, he would not have been able to belt them out with the amount of conviction that he did. Other than that part, I think it was nice to read. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:04 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, well he wouldn't have had Pris for a student if Elvis hadn't approved and recommended him as a teacher.
And as for the "honorary" 7th degree- It's really strange how other people who were in that dojo (and NOT his employee/friends) and who were around during those many days say Elvis earned that degree and was extremely fast, vicious and had a killer instinct which he used when competing. He was very proud of his degrees-felt that he had earned them and regretted that his physical health prevented him from continuing in the manner he wished. He got his 8th degree if I remember correctly and was proud of that, he had a bummed up hand from competition that was swollen and purple and he said he might have broken some bones but he didn't want it cast because he was performing on stage and needed his hand. It was pretty ugly but he still used it...and it was that way for at least 3 weeks because I saw shows from all three-not like every night but about 5 days out of those weeks.
His hand was still black and blue on closing night.
I guess it doesn't hurt to exploit some things when one is still rounding up money to make films-huh? wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:58 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks Wanda for offering your perspective on Elvis' karate. :D

MaryInTheMorning wrote:
I didn't really like or should I say agree with that Chuck said was this part right here: "I hope, despite his struggles near the end, that Elvis too made peace with God, believing those gospel truths as well as he belted them out as a singer. "

Elvis most certainly WHOLEHEARTEDLY believed in every word he sang in all of his beautiful Gospel songs. :D Every note of all of those songs came from the depth of his precious heart and soul and his love for, and trust and belief in his Lord are very evident. :D If not, he would not have been able to belt them out with the amount of conviction that he did. Other than that part, I think it was nice to read. :)

I agree with you here Mari! We know from so many stories how often Elvis turned to God for strength. And certainly he had a lifetime of generosity. It bothers me that many in the church judge Elvis because he didn't wear the "pillar facade". Sure he made mistakes but who hasn't. His are just much more out in the open for people to see. Yet his heart was a big heart; the kind which extended much love and forgiveness. Is that not one of primary messages of the gospel -- to LOVE one another?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:49 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Sorry for any upset and/or offence caused!

Sue, you don't have to apologize!! There are some interesting points in Norris' words and how he feels about Evis is just his own (version of truth).

We here on ELC are "wise" :wink: enough to just pick out the things we want to add to our memory-file, that's my opinion! :)

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

Oh my goodness. :oops: I think it is I who should be apologizing to you dearest Sue. :oops: I certainly did not mean to criticize what you posted or make you feel badly dear one. :oops: If I did do that in any way, shape or form, I am SO VERY sorry. :( Please forgive me. :oops: :oops: :( In my previous post, all I wanted to do was say that I think that Chuck was somewhat "off" so to speak in what his perception of Elvis was considering what we know about him and how much God and singing about Him meant to him(Elvis). You in no way upset or offended me at all. :) Unfortunately, we aren't always going find positive things written about this precious man that lived on this earth for too short a time. :( Even with that being so, it is still interesting to read different people's points of view even if I personally feel that they may be a little "off." :wink: :P :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:36 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sue, there are many positive things about Elvis written in the above article, so please don't feel bad. There are lots of basically positive articles written about Elvis which may also have some points of disagreement here with us at ELC. And if so, we can point them out, and give others food for thought.
I know the general theme here at ELC is supposed to be a positive one but that doesn't mean it has to be like corn syrup.

You are doing great Sue with all of the new material you keep coming up with. Don't know how you do it actually. It was so hard to keep all the posts fresh and alive when you were gone. I'm am so glad you are back with us!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:29 pm 
Site Admin

Hey no way Sue! I think everything should be posted about Elvis with good and "bad" too, because that way we can take a look at it and judge for ourselves the merit of what they say. Most everything is good anyway, I just didn't appreciate Norris' sanctamonious attitude about how he thought she was etc; and then Elvis was "given an honorary 7th degree" -meaning he wasn't good, wasn't dedicated but they gave it to him because HE was Elvis...that was how I took it and I think how he meant it...and he of course being who he is-should know these things period-so who would question it? Especially since the guys back him up on some of it.
Priscilla did not do so hot at her Karate moves on the Crystal Light commercial-and it wasn't me that noticed it the first few times. It was another guy who was into Karate and who laughed at how stiff she appeared. I said then, well, I imagine she's done that at least 15 times trying to get it down as they want it and by now maybe she is stiff and tired out-we don't know. He just laughed and said, yeah-sure cut her some slack. He didn't like her because she broke Elvis' heart-and he didn't even know him! Lots of men feel that way I guess-they think she's pretty, but she hurt the man! Anyway I like all the posts. so don't censor or toss 'em out okay? wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:36 pm 
Site Admin

Blue Moon wrote:
Sue, there are many positive things about Elvis written in the above article, so please don't feel bad. There are lots of basically positive articles written about Elvis which may also have some points of disagreement here with us at ELC. And if so, we can point them out, and give others food for thought.
I know the general theme here at ELC is supposed to be a positive one but that doesn't mean it has to be like corn syrup.

You are doing great Sue with all of the new material you keep coming up with. Don't know how you do it actually. It was so hard to keep all the posts fresh and alive when you were gone. I'm am so glad you are back with us!

AMEN!!! AMEN!!! AMEN!! :D :D My heart is in complete accord with what you said here dear Laurie. :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:02 pm 
Site Admin

:D :D :love: :hello:

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]