PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:14 pm 
Rainbow

ITS AN AUDIO FILE.
JUST TURN ON THE SPEAKERS
JOE K :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:31 am 
Site Admin

Yes Joe, you must keep posting and start the thread...every time so people coming here will be able to come there! I hope that Linda will also do an interview with you Joe... I did hear something the other day about she charges for such things-but for you, I think she will do it for Elvis and for herself... It is obvious that you do all you do, for the love of and enjoyment of Elvis, yourself and his fans.... and somewhere I just know there is a long, long string that someone we know is pulling in your favor in this endeavor of yours. Ours isn't to know why, it's just to do and try.
In the end, it all works out as planned...whatever it may be.

Do you have Gene Smith's book? My Man Friday-it came out in the mid ninties. Light Of Day Publishing, Nashville, Tn. It's a good book-Gene is one of the "good guys". wjh

Oh, girls, and guys too, Joe wants to do an audio interview with me but I have had such a weak and hoarse voice for weeks now-it's the season and the rain and etc: and allergies I guess, and I can't talk very long at all. I'm hoping it will clear up once the weather settles down again and then if he's for it, we will give it a try. I know everyone has asked and wanted to "hear" what I sound like-well, me too as of lately, I can't really be me voice wise! What a bummer. Anyway, soon...promise. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:14 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Looking forward to read the interviews and to your spoken one too Wanda :wink:

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

Oh Wanda I am so sorry to hear that you are having problems with your beautiful voice, (and I say beautiful because I remember what you said Elvis said about it one time when you were teasing him one time on the phone and how he said that you could be an actress :wink: :P ) and I will be praying that it gets better for you really soon. However, what GREAT NEWS that when your voice problems DO clear up(there's that power of positive thinking mentioned in a different topic :wink: :D ) we will be able to hear you do an audio interview with Joe!!!!! :D :D I can't tell you how much I'll be looking forward to this!! :D :D :bouncy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:57 pm 
Site Admin

Well, he just happened to like soft spoken women, and I used to have one of those voices... however after having a near death experience in the hospital and having a tube shoved down my throat several times by an inexperienced trainee I guess, my voice 'ain't what it used to be" by a long shot. I can't even yell for my dogs any more without it cracking up.
And when I hear myself on tape since, it is obviously different now than then. It's okay, I mean I can talk most of the time-but sometimes end up coughing and whispering more than talking. That is a pain-I mean I like to talk too-maybe why I write so much now-I can't talk that much for long? Anyway, I will do okay, it is just the weather right now and the pepper trees all blooming-boy, we have loads of bees this year-honey bees-at least they aren't dying out in this area. That scares me-so many bees are dying and they are sooo very important to growing all kinds of plants and trees etc:...our food supply would dwindle to nothing without them! They still don't know why they are dying, but so many have and still are. We've had a honey comb in our owl box in the tall pine tree and had to cut it down(the box not the tree & Jimmie made a new box to put back up-the old one was fallilng apart anyway) as the owls were being killed by bees stinging the babies who didn't know any better etc:...it was a big heavy honey comb but we couldn't use the honey as we had to set off gas inside the sealed up box before cutting it down. They might have been killer bees as some were larger than regular bees. Jimmie crawled up there after dark to do that while they were "sleeping". I hated to but we were so upset when 2 sets of baby owls fell out of the box and got hurt and then were out and too young to fly etc:. Jimmie put them back up in the tree and that's when he discovered all the bees swarming around. He even crawled up there and took a couple of ground squirrls our dog had killed up for the baby owls and we bought mice for them too-one of the parents didn't return to the box as it must have been hit by a truck or something while hunting-so the male was having to feed and hunt for 3 big baby owls who are starving by night time. They don't stay with the babies once they are getting feathers-and the adults return at night /dusk to start hunting for the young. Boy they are noisy little things! Loud and screaming when they hear mom or dad returning with a kill! Then when being fed they gargale and chortle as they swallow-it's a riot! When we first moved here we didn't have tv up here so we sat out and watched the owls who would fly over us a few feet up and look right at us with those big eyes. And with binoculars we could see the young come out and sit on the top of the box and in the branches and watch them being fed. What a riot. When the young came down on the ground (I tied up a limb for them so they could get up and down when they couldn't fly) they looked like little elves walking around in tights on those long legs. Very cute creatures...they were barn owls and they are brown in winter and white in summer...very pretty birds with extremely sharp long claws! We had to be very careful handling the ones that fell out of the nests-they could pierce your hand or arm cleanly if they took hold with those feet and talons and the beaks are like razors too. It was an education! Fer sure!
Anyway, soon I will call Joe and we can get that done. It won't be a real long one but I will try to make it interesting and worthwhile. Joe is a great interviewer and he already knows me-so it should be fun. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:07 am 
Thank you Joe for the links! I had read Jeannies interview on your site before, but I never listened to your interview with her. It´s very entertaining and so much fun to actually hear her tell the story!

Dear Wanda, I´m sorry to hear about your voice and you being a little sick right now... Have you ever tried homemade ginger tea and honey? If not, here´s how it goes: throw a 1 inch cube of fresh ginger in hot water, let infuse for a couple of minutes, add some honey. That´s it!

Well, I´m dispensing good advice here not entirely without a little selfishness :D , I would LOVE to hear an interview with you, too! But only when you feel better, of course!

Take care!

Ingrid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:54 pm 
Rainbow

I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO TALK ABOUT ELVIS LINDA AND PRIS, IF WE COULD DO IT WITH OUT PEOPLE GETTING UPSET.
AFTER PRIS , I THINK LINDA WAS GREAT FOR ELVIS. SHE LOVED AND CARED FOR HIM. DID SHE GET THINGS OUT OF THE RELATIONSHIP? SURE SHE DID. GIFTS GIVEN TO HER BY SOMEONE WHO CARED FOR HER. I ALSO FEEL SHE STAYED AS LONG AS SHE COULD. BUT HAD TO LEAVE , THE RELATIONSHIP WAS MAKING HER ILL.

OK I STARTED IT OFF . LETS TALK.

JOE K
WWW.ELVIS2001.NET
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:45 pm 
:D Let´s talk! It´s truely an emotional issue, because most people seem to either like Priscilla OR Linda... basically it seems to me from an outside position that those who really really like Priscilla seem to hate all the other women Elvis was ever associated with. And we´re all biased, since we love Elvis so much and want to find out what happened.

My point of view for instance, after reading a few books on Elvis, was that he didn´t like to get married because he actually didn´t love Priscilla, but I was apparently very wrong on that one!

Priscilla is basically always portrayed as the bad guy, she is supposedly a cold-hearted, calculating person, whereas everyone agrees upon the fact that Linda with her sunny personality, her sense of humor and intelligence was a blessing for Elvis.

Priscilla not only left Elvis for another man, but she cheated on him during the marriage. He did, too, but that´s another story, I feel. So Priscilla is blamed for starting his demise with the divorce. Linda on the other hand get´s a lot of credit for staying with Elvis for as long as she did, for saving him and cheering him up, and everyone seems to understand why she left him in the end.

I agree that Linda does come across as a very nice, warm, loving, approachable person, who was everything to Elvis: a lover, a mother, a nurse, a companion, ... when Priscilla does not! But that doesn´t mean she really IS the bad guy. That could just be my perception, influenced by other people´s opinion that I got from books and interviews. It´s unfair to judge people when you don´t know them personally, but there also must be some truth in what people say about them, right?

The bottom line for me, and this is what my instinct tells me that could be sending me the wrong signals: I like Linda a lot and I don´t really know what to make of Priscilla.

I´m always grateful for more insightful information :wink:

Ingrid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:05 am 
So true Rainbow Light!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:42 am 
You´re welcome :wink: !

What you said is a good approach to that matter, since I think the majority of us has the same problem: We never met anyone in person or were there when it happened!

That´s why I´m grateful for people like Jeanne, Wanda and others for their stories, because they show us the lovely human being Elvis was deep down inside, and that´s what´s important, right? :D

Ingrid

Page 3 of 6 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next