It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: LAMAR FIKE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS ANYONE?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:51 am 
Rainbow

THIS WEEKEND I WILL BE INTERVIEWING LAMAR FIKE. THIS WILL BE THE FIRST TIME THAT I HAVE EVER TALKED TO LAMAR. DOES ANYONE HERE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR LAMAR?
JOE K
WWW.ELVIS2001.NET

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:53 pm 
Hi Joe,

great news!! I´ll have to check the book he did for Alanna Nash, there´s so much in there already, but I´ll get back to you for sure!

Bye!

Ingrid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:02 pm 
Hi Joe, here´s what I came up with:

- Since Lamar was with Elvis in the early days when his mom was still alive I think that a lot of people would appreciate a few anecdotes about Gladys. He said she had a sense of humor like Elvis, but also the temper... does Lamar also think that Elvis never was the same after Gladys died?

- What was life like at Graceland in the pre-Army days?

- Some Army stories would be great, too, but I guess you intend to ask him about that anyway :wink: ... Did the Army change Elvis?

- Have some of the guys still not forgiven him for the Goldmann book? What´s their relationship like today?

- Does he still dream of Elvis today like he did when he talked to Alanna Nash for the book?

Good luck with the interview!!!

Ingrid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:01 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi, Joe!

I would like to have Lamar's opinion about which trend of Elvis as a human being, was more significative?

Have a great interview! :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:23 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Joe, ask him if he recalls the time Elvis got him a special present-but things didn't turn out quite like planned? This one would no doubt be "off the record"!

I think it would be nice to know if Lamar could reveal more about Elvis when just starting out? How insecure was he? Did he see him just about "come unglued" before going on those early stages? Was he aware of his mother's fears concerning Elvis' "weak constitution"? And what does Lamar think about what is happening at Graceland now-the changes planned and Priscilla's influence over things?

just a few. The first one should be good for some laughs Joe. He knows what that question refers to...I'm sure he hasn't forgotten...Elvis never did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:00 pm 
Rainbow

i know what the question refers to also!
lol
something about a hooker for him but as soon as they saw Elvis , they wanted nothing to do with lamar!
lol
funny i guess as long as your not the person they did not want.
i heard this story from one of the other guys. so i am sure it is true.
joe k
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:56 pm 
Site Admin

Yes Elvis did play some pranks on Lamar and he made some caustic comments along the way, BUT he was concerned enough to go on a diet with him, enough to worry about his health and disposition and said he thought that some of the guys were "drinkin' too much" and Lamar especially because he was "feelin' kinda low an' out of it (the loop) in many ways. Elvis didn't fire him, kept him working with the group and Lamar had his purpose, he said. He "needed all of them, depended on them" and that was that. One had to really do something disloyal that came back to Elvis' ears or that he had to "make it right" with someone else when it was "uncalled for" whatever it was, to get on his truly bad side-there was one in paticular who did-but it wasn't Lamar... as far as I know. I hope the interview went well, and that he had some nice and funny tales to tell and that he now has more understanding of what Elvis went through for all of them, for his family and for all of his fans as well.
It wasn't an easy "ride"-not when you have to be perfect to the point you can't let down your hair much even at home, among friends. He did, but not in the ways that were not just fun and game kind of things-he just kept his true feelings about himself-to himself. maybe too much for too long. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:06 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

it's always a pleasure Joe, to read your interviews and thank you for make them available for us on your site :) ..please don't get me wrong :oops: but this "person" is someone I can't stand to listen even if he talks about the weather report only..I know it would be enough and better of me just not to answer to this kind question ,than to spread negativity around..unfortunately I need to bark a lot these days so I wouldn't be biting a...s
some of these MM guys always triggers these feelings in me :roll: ...

For a heavenly cause

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]