It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Bill Bixby
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:43 pm 

"First I found Elvis to be a gentleman and then I found him to be a gentle man. I found he could be sensitive to small issues. For someone of his stature there is very little for him to notice,ya know? He was so insulated by the people that surrounded him and by his own popularity. And yet Elvis would still find little things. He took the time to be gentle with people."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:02 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for posting that Di, isn't it strange that people who worked with him on movies, stages and knew him in other ways away from those things, seem to have "got what he was about" so much more than those who "lived with him 24/7"? It just seems that way to me, the more I hear and read about what other people who knew him, even for a short while, seemed to learn more, pick up more and understand better---
even more than some members of his own family. Elvis liked Bill too, very much and had fun working with him. He was the first one Elvis told when he found out that he and Pris were having a baby-Elvis went to work and couldn't not tell someone he liked...so he told him and then he told Nancy Sinatra Jr....and they said he had tears in his eyes when he told them. This is the man who didn't care about any one or anything other than himself... hummmm says' who? or is it Whom? wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:56 am 
Site Admin

I'd like to thank you too dear Di for posting Bill's thoughts about Elvis for us!! :wink: :D It was really great to read and warmed my heart to hear what Bill thought of Elvis. :D :D You are so right Wanda my sweet friend---Bill definitely did get what Elvis was about and it certainly does seem that those who were NOT around him "24/7" were ALOT more appreciative of him and observant of all of his many wonderful qualities!!! :D :D :D It is so much easier to appreciate what you don't always have all the time and it sure seems like the mm's basically just took EVERYTHING about Elvis for granted. :cry: :roll: :x Whereas his co-stars and members of his band fully appreciated, much like a fine diamond, all of the many beautiful and brilliant facets of Elvis, the "24/7" crew seems like they just came to view Elvis as just another piece of costume jewelry if you all understand what I mean?? :? :( Like you said Wanda, he supposedly didn't care about anyone or anything other than himself, but did any of those bozos who like to make such a hideous claim about this very loving man ever stop and think who took care of all of them even when they hurt him or betrayed him???? :x :roll: :( Somehow, I don't think so. :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:59 am 
:D You Go Mari Girl! if anyone were only Thinking of Themselves it was The MM, they not only Couldn't but Wouldn't see Beyond Their Own Nose's! :x :x I have alway liked Bill Bixby, I would like to hear The MM Explain why everyone that worked in the Movies with Elvis or were in his Band never had a Bad word to say just Them? FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:08 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Why should we judge those that Elvis forgave? :roll: Besides, each one has different "glasses" to see the reality, depending of the actual development moment of awareness we have, at any point of our own process of Life.

We are able to see Elvis in perspective -and it helps also- but proximity usually blinds us to vew subtle and un-expected trends of our spiritual humaness. Even himself was un-aware of his full potential... and he was far more "specialized" in spirituality that most of the people currently around him...

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:18 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Why should we judge those that Elvis forgave?

....Great statement, Amanda, I agree!! :)

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

Amanda my dear friend, I hope that you don't think that I was trying to "judge anyone" that Elvis had forgiven by what I said. :oops: :( I was not trying to by any means. I am certainly not anyone to sit in judgement of anyone else. :) I was merely trying to say how I felt based on reliable things that I have heard and read about the MM's. I'm sorry if it seemed liked I was being judgemental. :oops: :( Geeze, lately it seems like all I keep doing is putting my foot in my mouth with things I try and say or do. :oops: :roll: :( I guess I'll just keep a little more quiet from now on and hope that whatever I may say in the future doesn't bother or upset anyone. :? :oops: :roll: :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:32 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Dear Mari,

I feel YOU ARE a beautiful, loving and balanced human BEING and I LOVE YOU.

My eagerness to try "prevent" :roll: a chain of emotional responses caused by a sensible theme of Elvis' life, is related to the respect I have for the road walked together here at this Forum the last years. Everyone of us may be identified with aspects of his human trajectory and we may come to see them with the "current" point of view, instead of a much deeper and meaningful spiritual understanding, that makes justice to Elvis role on Earth and also to the ones the people that were in relation with him played.

I'm withdrawing from many of my public presence and participation in several webs, because after an "expanding" phase, I'm going now through a "contraction" one, to get attuned for a new phase of expansion, which I don't know yet where will take me to. I'm posting very little these last times and I'm so sorry to cause you any discomfort.

:hello: Hey! Do you know that I :love: YOU?

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:33 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Well let me throw in my 2 cents worth here.

There is a difference between judging someone and not excusing their behavior. They are NOT one and the same.

For example, a woman lives with an abusive husband who periodically beats her. She can forgive him, but does that mean she must live with him and endure more punishment? Does that mean his behavior should be deamed OK because it could be thought as "God's will"? She can forgive, not hold any grudges, and at the same time walk away to a healthier situation. We all make choices; good or bad ones. And while God can make good of even our bad choices; if we had listened to our intuition and made the "best" decision heaven had for us, I think in general our suffering would be less, though even so God will still put us through tests & trials at times.

Elvis clearly was a very forgiving man. And he forgave his men over and over again, even after betrayals. But I do sometimes wonder if he had trouble setting boundaries. He allowed people around him to force a burning of his spiritual books; be pressured to have Larry leave his camp for several years, and as a result, feel the need to inwardly retreat to some extent. While I am grateful Elvis had Larry for 2 seasons, it also seems to me it would have been better for Elvis emotionally if a few of his men had been replaced with ones who could give him more spiritual support or at the very least genuine respect. It doesn't mean all his men would have to be spiritually friendly because Elvis' light was meant to shine to others in need of it.

This is all easy for me to say in hindsight. Lord knows I have made many wrong choices in my life and paid for it. And while I know God can still make good from my poor choices, I know I'd be much happier had I a better grasp of my intuition when younger. Even now I struggle, though more chains are loosening as time goes by. I do think there is an optimum path for each of us. Few of us know ourselves well enough to be fully on it. It is comforting to know, though, that we can still gain wisdom from our mistakes. This is how loving a God we have.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:18 pm 

I could not have said it better.

Di

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next