It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

I agree Laurie, you pretty much put it right to the letter. Elvis was very forgiving, too much so at times I thought, but he lived with it and I didn't. He lay down his pride at times to help end problems, tried to intervene with his guys troubles until finally he "gave up" because no matter what he did, it wasn't enough and sooner or later they were right back to where it began anyway. He was no saint, he had a temper, he could be very harsh and mean when angry and he knew this and tried not to get into that mode though he said, sometimes "it happenes". He had trouble saying to the guys he was wrong or sorry I guess, more than he did to people he wasn't so close to maybe, and they admit that he tired to make it up to them in other ways...though he'd never forget any mistake they might have made. I know that's true! He remembered everything.

But bascily he was a nice guy, warm hearted and friendly and yes, he had ego problems at times, but he was raised by a woman who told him what he needed to hear-and made him have some sense of being special and able to do things if he worked at it. He always depended on her support-it was a rug jerked from his feet when she died so quickly, so unexpectedly at a time when he had been self obsorbed with his own having to go into the army and overseas and lose his career maybe-it was hard on him. He never recovered from her loss, that's my opinion and I'm not an expert in any way. But it seemed so to me...he always went back to those days, that time and it was always right there, just beneath the surface. His relatives say he changed from that day forward, became withdrawn at times, closed up and stopped being the boy they knew...that he grew up over night it seemed to them. I guess hard blows can do that to anyone, even Elvis.
Maybe it was easier for him to talk to people he hadn't known back then, his co stars all seemed to know him more than just what the mm guys and close family appeared to know and think him to be. Maybe he could talk better with new people, maybe that's why he grew to like talking on the phone-he didn't have to see expressions, he didn't have to mirror what they felt etc:...he could just say it and hear himself and maybe it was easier for him to do that. I don't know. I wish I could ask him. wjh

wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:10 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

A thought occurred to me too that Elvis may have been conditioned due to events in his upbringing to try and keep peace in the family at all costs. Conflict avoidence in other words. Many kids grow up with this as a way to deal with painful situations, and they often bring it into adulthood, at great personal cost though.
I can definitely relate. I think about some of the things I've done, even recently, which I knew deep down were not the right direction for me yet I did them anyway to keep certain people happy. But every time I do that, I feel a little less free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:39 am 
Site Admin

Amanda Viola wrote:
Dear Mari,

I feel YOU ARE a beautiful, loving and balanced human BEING and I LOVE YOU.

My eagerness to try "prevent" :roll: a chain of emotional responses caused by a sensible theme of Elvis' life, is related to the respect I have for the road walked together here at this Forum the last years. Everyone of us may be identified with aspects of his human trajectory and we may come to see them with the "current" point of view, instead of a much deeper and meaningful spiritual understanding, that makes justice to Elvis role on Earth and also to the ones the people that were in relation with him played.

I'm withdrawing from many of my public presence and participation in several webs, because after an "expanding" phase, I'm going now through a "contraction" one, to get attuned for a new phase of expansion, which I don't know yet where will take me to. I'm posting very little these last times and I'm so sorry to cause you any discomfort.

:hello: Hey! Do you know that I :love: YOU?

Dearest Amanda I fear that I have I have done it again---given someone the wrong impression or made them feel bad with something I have said. :oops: :( Before I say anything else, please let me thank you for all of the beautiful things that you said about me, and please know that I feel the exact same way about you my sweet angel. :wink: :D :D :love: The other thing I would like to say is please DON'T feel like to have to withdraw from saying whatever is in your heart here with us because you have such a loving and insightful heart!!! :D :D To not be able to hear the wisdom and the love that so freely flows from it would be so incredibly sad. :( :( I am so sorry if I have said anything to make you feel bad in my previous post. :oops: :cry: :cry: If you are hurting my friend, then I hurt too. :( :( I was having a bad day today and because of that probably didn't express myself the way I wanted to earlier so I'm sorry that the way I was feeling has ended up hurting you dear angel. :oops: :oops: :( :( Please know that I LOVE YOU TOO and you and all of my sweet angels here at ELC help to bring the smile that I carry around in my heart!!! :D :D :D :hug: :love: :love: I would also like to apologize to anyone else that may have taken what I said earlier the wrong way. :oops: :oops: I guess I was just worried that everyone would get the wrong idea about what I said in my initial post so I guess I went a little overboard in trying to explain myself. :oops: :oops: :roll: Well, guess I really lived up to the old saying"open mouth insert foot" today huh?? :wink: :P :roll: On a lighter note, I think that everything that both dear Laurie and Wanda said was right on the money and I agree with everything that was said!!! :D :D :D

Hey ELC Angels: (A) Guess what??? I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! :hello: :D :D :hug: :love: :love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:09 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Pheeewww! :) Mari, you don't need to "Hara-Kiri" yourself, or to blame you for anything! :wink: I'm not upset and the angelic smiley with the fallen wings was a reference to YOU, being disturbed by ME. :roll: :P

I'm withdrawing from being in so many sites, following an universal law of Creation/Life: expansion-contraction. Nothing to do with anybody's behavior, but mine inner voice: the heart. :)

Everything is just fine, except my mother, who is having acute kidney disfunction and is right now at the hospital (I've just came back, after taking her there with urgency and after an initial treatment all day long). She is expected to remain there some days.

If you wrap her with LOVE's bubbles, she'll be really comforted and fine. Age (93) is demanding its toll.

LOVE YOU ALL!

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Amanda. It's okay to retreat into your inner world at times-we do that to recoup and reactivate and realighn things.
Yep, 93 does that-Suzy too had kidney problems at that age and they fixed her up fine with a few days in the hospital and put her on pills that took care of problems she was having. She was not drinking enough water-people don't at that age for some reason-? And then she was losing control once they got her rehydrated so they had to regulate the water controling pills and now her feet don't swell, her skin is not red or splotchy on her legs and she feels good. And she's got it "under control" with the help of the nurse who makes sure she get s her pills every morning. She has three little ones, two white and one blue to take and then has one for her heart rate too. And she's doing good health wise, better than me in some instances! Anyway, people who have the genes to make it to that age are stronger than we think...they snap back pretty good. I think they are hardier than we are of this generation...
maybe we expect too much... for too long a time.
Miss your posts so when you get realigned I hope that doesn't mean you are "hushed" too?

Love,
wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:48 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Dear Amanda, all the best wishes and vibrations to your sweet mother!!!!
Yes, somehow we miss your MANY posts, but I have full understanding, I myself am not able right now to be that present .........
But there is no separation anyway!!!!
:hug: :hug: :hug:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:24 am 
Site Admin

Dearest Amanda I am so glad that I didn't upset you or make you feel bad. :wink: :) It is also perfectly ok to retreat inwardly once in a while like sweet Wanda said. Believe me, I can more than understand that feeling. It's good for us to listen to our inner heart and take a few steps back once in a while, although I too will miss your posts and the LIGHT you bring here to us. I am so sorry to hear about your mother and will definitely be keeping her in all of my prayers. I'm sending millions of love's bubbles her way for her to start feeling better really soon. Even though you may not be here, it is just like dear Sarena said--there is no separation anyway. :hug: :love: God's many blessings to you and your mother my dear friend. :) :love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:35 am 
Sun Dial

Hello to all! I hate it that I don't often have time to post, but I do come on and read when I get the chance. :D I just had to comment on that picture of Elvis and Bill B. just laughing their heads off! That was NOT in the movie, and I'd love to know what set that one off! Can't you just hear that laugh? :) And Fairy Tale, I LOVE that (relatively) new pic of Elvis. Bet his eyes looked really blue in that shirt!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:39 pm 
:D Hey Wanda Mc, I would Love to know also want was going on in that Scene. Yes I Love Elvis in Blue, 73mile wants me to not ever Change it. I also think Blue brings out His Handsome Features better to, Thanks for liking my Avatar and its Great to see you here. :love:

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2