I enjoyed reading this, thanks, Laurie!

Quote:
"He was extremely honorable. "

:D 8)

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:22 pm 
Site Admin

It's really nice to read the memories of someone who was there back in the early days, who was close to Elvis and now, after so long a time, tells her story- and it fits right in with what is known from June, the girl he wanted to marry, but was so busy working toward that end, he didn't call for her birthday and she read that he had taken another girl home at Christmas. So she found another guy and "broke" Elvis' heart- but her fears were for naught really, in his mind he was doing the right thing for their future- securing a home etc:... and after all, the other young woman was just a friend, one invited home to have a nice vacation from her job in Vegas etc: and just a friend... but with distance and no phone call between him and June, her fears got in the way and because he just tended to think it was all alright and she understood him etc:...he got his heart broken....she didn't understand after all etc:... didn't trust him etc:... which was a big thing with Elvis, he expected one to trust him and expected he could trust the one- anyway, it falls right into place with other storys told about those days; when Elvis was in love for real, he expected it to be mutual understanding- he stayed true- he kept his promise. One more time someone from his past proves that his heart was pure and his intentions honorable when he gave his heart. He did the same with his Cilla, he vowed to be faithful and said so... It just seems like his women friends just couldn't make themselves believe that he, being who he was, would keep his word. But on the other hand, it would be difficult to have that l00% faith when millions of other females were after your guy.... So I give them that one- fer sure. I wish he could have found a way to make it all work right. Thanks for posting that link Laurie.
wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:51 pm 
Thanks Wanda for your incite on how Elvis felt about Trust, I justcan't help but think that if the women that were in Elvis' Life would have tried just a little bit Harder to Understand Elvis' Back Ground, and Down to Earth Ways that they should of Looked beyond the fact of Who Elvis was and seen the True Honest Heart of the Person Elvis was. I know if I would have been Blessed enough to have been Choicen by Elvis, it wouldn't have been that Hard to go that Extra Mile. :love:

Post subject: Re: Million Dollar Girl Mystery Solved
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:53 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, just a quick one here again! I just wanted to say that there is a "news" thing on Fox News around the country speaking of the woman who says she is Vernon Presley's daughter etc: and seeking to have recognition etc:.... They (Fox News) say they have had dna tests done (the second test apparently to be done) and that it colaborates the first one which said it "could be" true---- but they failed to mention there was not positive proof as the test done is not considered l00% etc:. Anyway, Fox News is no longer Number One in ratings having been "whipped" by MSNBC and Fox News will do any thing to get ratings, including trying to use Elvis etc: and his fans to get viewers. So I think they have "jumped on the band wagon" for that reason and that anything they come up with is probably suspect as is alot of their "first run stories" that come and then disappear so fast when they are found out to be just "fodder" for getting viewers etc:...
I believe they are still owned by the same company that owns that "tabaloid news" magazine/newspaper known as the National Enquiror.... need I say more? I don't have a clue regarding if the lady who says she is Mr. Presley's child is or not- and it doesn't relate to Elvis or his estate as Lisa Marie is the only one to inherit from it now that all others are gone. It is just Vernon's estate and that's not a lot I don't think as he didn't own much other than that house Elvis bought and probably it was in Elvis' name as I doubt Vernon would ever have changed that...but then he might have..or Elvis might have had it put in his dad's name so he could finally "own" his own home. Whatever, it's just another on going piece of that Presley "pie" it seems...eternally current.
It's nice here, it actually rained! Boy we needed it and it wasn't nearly enough to do much good but things have a clean look now and the dirt has settled for the first time in some months. Clear air!!!
I hope to be able to post more, but my computer is chweing the fat over and over and I have no clue what it's doing...it just begins to "freeze" up and sputter so...moving on. wjh

Post subject: Re: Million Dollar Girl Mystery Solved
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:40 pm 
Sun Dial

Thanks for posting this info Wanda. Geez, I miss you. It's so nice to see you post when you can.

So Fox news is tabloidy huh? I don't watch that station so I wasn't aware of that. It's funny that this woman's own mother said she never slept with Vernon, so I don't know what to think. I just thought this woman was some kind of a kooky, crazy nut looking for attention. Wouldn't that be wild if she did turn out to be related. I read that when Vernon died his estate was only valued at something like $250,000. He must have just owned the house. Now, if the court did find her to be Vernon's daughter, and Vernon had willed the house to, let's say Lisa Marie, would she have to give this woman money for the value of the house?

The whole thing just sounds crazy to me and if Fox News is associated with the Enquirer then that answers that question. Look what they did to our Elvis. :twisted:

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]