It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: A TRIBUTE TO ELVIS!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:04 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Elvis' record producer, Felton Jarvis gave this insight into Elvis' mesmeric quality in 1973:
"Elvis is kinda shy, reserved, but confident... most people's reactions to him are incredible. You can have twenty people in a room, all of them looking one way and Elvis can walk in behind you and you'll feel him. You'll feel his presence. You'll turn around cause you know something's behind you. Nobody can explain it; there is no explanation. But I've seen it with my own eyes....I've heard musicians (who have never before worked with Elvis) say, ‘Man, I don't care about Elvis Presley - it don't shake me up to play on his sessions'. And then they get on the session and they just go to pieces; just completely go to pieces when he walks in the room. And then after he leaves, they'll say, ‘Now I see why he's Elvis Presley, man I ain't never been around a guy like that'.

Post subject: Re: A TRIBUTE TO ELVIS!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:29 am 
Site Admin

Hello kids,
It is still a wonder in my memory how much of that mysterious special quality that Elvis had- you could always feel that he was in the room, and too, people would be talking, noisy and then suddenly fall silent and turn to look at him. He might not have said a word, but he'd walk into the room and as Sammy Davis Jr. said, "fill it, man!" And he surely did that. He didn't understand it, but he knew other people had "it" too. Like Marilyn Monroe, for instance. He also thought Ann-Margret had that affect. I think she did also though never had an opportunity to be any place where she was. It came across on the television screen the first time I saw her-and we had a black and white television and the sound was out on it! So I watched her do her number for the award show in silence-but I thought she was great and told Elvis he should meet her. He just said, "Really..." as usual. Later on I learned he had already met her, was in the process of doing a movie with her and had recorded some of the songs with her that would be in the film. He was well on his way to being "hooked" when I told him he ought to meet her- and he didn't say one word about having already done so. So typical of him I was to learn over time. If he "really" liked a woman, he didn't talk about it-he treasured the relationship and it was between he and whomever... I thought that one of his more endearing traits-he was a gentleman. When I read or hear that someone who should have known him pretty well, had been around him a lot over time, said he was a "user of women" and had "no respect" for them...I just don't buy it at all. But
then, they knew him as one of the guys. I still think he'd have kept his secrets when they counted. wjh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:06 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Believe me Wanda I still think Elvis is still affecting people, the same way he did when he was Earth Bound but in Spirit. I also truly Feel that Elvis knew how to Treat a women that Appreciated being treated like the Gentlemen Elvis was. But he was also just like any other guy when it came to talking Men Talk to, but I also don't Blame Elvis for treating women that acted very Unladylike Like that Many of them did at his Concerts. They Got just exactly the Kind of Treatment by Elvis they should have Got! :love:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:33 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

In her book "I called him babe" Elvis' nurse Marian Cooke wrote that she knew exactly - every time- when Elvis had entered the Baptist Memorial Hospital (where she worked), she felt his Presence before she had seen him...truely amazing.

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:03 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I know that even now Elvis still Amazing People with his Presence! :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK ON-BOARD! 8)

Yes for me it was the same....seeing him in person...just when he walked out on stage, the ENERGY of his SPIRIT hit you like a giant WAVE!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:53 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Maia its So Great to see your with us, and it would have been Such A DReAM COME TRUE FOR ME IF I COULD HAVE BEEN AS BLESSED AS YOU AND WANDA WERE TO be able to be with Elvis like you 2 were. :love:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:40 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Amen, Rose-Lyn and that goes for me too!! :wink: :D :P

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]