It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: An Elvis Story!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:40 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:D

On July 3,1956, Elvis was on a train bound for Memphis. The Colonel had rented an entire compartment for the singer; he settled in and began to read one of his favorite comic books. H was six pages into the Archie comic when a woman passing his compartment happened to look inside. She stood gaping at Elvis and then apoligized for staring. She told him that he looked remarkably like the singer Elvis Presley. "Oh, do I?" Elvis said trying not to laugh."You certainly do," the woman replied. She then bid him farewell and walked away. Elvis loved the fact that she recognized him enough to say that he resembled Elvis, but not enough to know that it was really him.

Post subject: Re: An Elvis Story!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:23 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, he would get a kick out of that! He traveled by train quite a lot back then as he would not fly because his mother was afraid for him. I think that was after a plane he was in had problems and got so low they could count the limbs of trees they flew over- but whatever fixed it's self and they landed okay.
After that he would not fly- until his later years and then he had his own plane that was supposed to be carefully took care of and I guess as it turned out, after his death and it was sold they found it to be barely hanging together- but Elvis always prayed before flying and even on the plane so he had angels holding that plane in the sky perhaps. He was never afraid to fly on it, and always said it was serviced and up to date etc;... and his pilot never said much about it other than they had a light that didn't come on for the landing gear or something, but it was down and okay anyway. And Elvis rode in the cockpit with him when they went through a really bad storm, I guess he thought his being there was important.
probably was...
wjh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:52 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Boy Elvis was Braver then I was, and to think that his Plane wasn't cared for Probably. I would Definitely say that he had Angels riding with him, I'm sacred to Death to Fly. You were never on any of Elvis' Planes were you?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:28 am 
Site Admin

No, I saw it parked in Las Vegas when he was there- and at airports near by here a couple of times. Once saw it taking off- He had phones in the plane too- and one that was right beside his bed on the plane so he could talk if he wanted to do so. Of course, "he hated talking on the phone..." of so say a couple mm dudes- I can say for sure though, he didn't like talking to them on the phone- if they were calling it was because they "needed something" from him. And he didn't like talking to people he didn't know or know something about them first either. I like what Marie Osmond writes in her book, "Might as well Laugh now"...she has a chapter where she tells about Elvis meeting her mom, and how his mom and her mom resembled each other and Elvis noticed this. Anyway, he sent her flowers when her kids opened in Vegas and he called her up, often late at night or early AM and talked with her over his problems etc:... she was a momma figure Marie says, and that her mom "took his secrets to her grave" because she never would tell anyone what he had called about...that was "personal" and he trusted her with his heart.
I think that is wonderful and I am so glad he found "momma's" to listen to him and help him with his problems. He so needed someone to listen to him, to let him "hear himself" so he could handle things better. That little boy in him was hurting all his life over losing his mom the way he did- so suddenly and then he was thrust out into a totally new kind of life immediately after her death- he never had a chance to grieve or "get over it" until he was done with the army days. And as he said, "the press was there, and I had to face them, so I did what I had to do." Like he always did...head on, intelligently and composed outwardly... wjh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:06 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

[quote]I think that is wonderful and I am so glad he found "momma's" to listen to him and help him with his problems. He so needed someone to listen to him, to let him "hear himself" so he could handle things better. That little boy in him was hurting all his life over losing his mom the way he did- so suddenly and then he was thrust out into a totally new kind of life immediately after her death- he never had a chance to grieve or "get over it" until he was done with the army days. And as he said, "the press was there, and I had to face them, so I did what I had to do." Like he always did...head on, intelligently and composed outwardly... wjh
[quote]

A biig Amen, Wanda!! :) :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]