It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: John Wilkinson at Graceland:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:04 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

It's 'celebrity week' at Graceland. After singer Cliff Richard and actor Tom Berrenger, now very special guest TCB guitarist John Wilkinson visited Graceland. Together with a delegation of ElvisMatters, John Wilkinson visited Elvis' house today, wearing the TCB gold necklace given to him by Elvis, John shared wonderful memories of his friendship with the King of Rock 'n' Roll. John will be a special guest at the 2011 Elvis Week celebration during the Conversations on Elvis event on Sunday, August 14.

Post subject: Re: John Wilkinson at Graceland:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:02 pm 
Site Admin

Great to know; John is getting along and out there again. I enjoyed the story he
told in his book about staying with Elvis at Graceland at Elvis' invitation, and the
rest of the guys took off for various places, to their family and homes perhaps.
Anyway, Elvis wanted to go out for pizza because some of the guys were going,
but John had to tell him he could not take him out. So he ordered pizza and
got into Elvis' stash of soda pop and they played pool, talked and at pizza, just
the two of them. John found Elvis to be very intelligent, thoughtful and wiser than
expected based on things he'd heard etc... and when some of the guys returned
and learned they'd had pizza etc and John had stayed and spent "alone time"
with Elvis, the guys were not happy... as if they were the only ones who had that
"right"...type of attitude. Anyway, I'm sure Elvis enjoyed very much being with John who was not one of "the guys"; Elvis always liked to spend some time with
"normal people" you know. After all, he himself was considered "not normal". He
was probably more "normal" than most people in all the ways that count.
wjh

Post subject: Re: John Wilkinson at Graceland:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:45 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Who Told John that he couldn't Take Elvis Out, :x and Why Couldn't he? :x That is Just So Awful, how Elvis was Kept a Prisoner in his Own Home. It was Bad enough that Elvis was Fearful of Crowds, but not Letting Elvis out in Public at All I Know had to make it even Worse on Elvis. It is Great to see John at GraceLand, I read that John still Lives in Springfield Missouri. I wonder if any Fans of Elvis' ever go to where John Lives? :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]