It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: The peacock story told by Kathy Westmoreland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:24 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Then there's the wonderful peacock story, this time told by Kathy herself:

Elvis had said "Next time we have chicks I'll send you one, or send you an adult...whatever you want." I didn't know what he was going to send. Then a long time later when we knew the end was very near, he said, "If I can reach you from the other side, I will"...When that peacock flew in from 'nowhere'... June, I almost passed out. TWO WEEKS after he died. Where did it come from? Heck if anyone knew. Nancy next door and her husband bought several to mate with it and then there were twenty. Yes, there ended up being peacocks all over my roof, and my poor neighbors.
But they all lived in Norco for the love of animals so it wasn't a problem. When it showed up two weeks after he died, I just wondered ... is this your sign, Elvis? It felt like it may be.

Kathy Westmoreland
[url]
http://www.kathywestmoreland.us/BookRevisions.html[/url]

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject: Re: The peacock story told by Kathy Westmoreland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:15 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for posting Kathy's story! I believe it WAS his sign! He told me about
the peacock admiring it's self in his car's reflection, then it started fighting with it's self.... that he didn't like one bit!!! But he told me also about the spiritual meaning of the peacock
and it's beautiful feathers...that natives said it was "God's eyes" watching every
thing, protecting and being aware of whatever need. His story was very good,
my little synopsis is lacking a lot, sorry. Our peacock story came a bout when
just a few days after returning from the month long book tour too exhausted to
think much and not wanting to leave the house, but after a couple days rest,
I had to go shop for food-I would go very early, as soon as the stores opened.
When I drove up the street we lived on, there was early morning "going to work" traffic as usual since we lived close to the main freeway and so I
had to wait to turn into our driveway; I glanced at our house and on the crest of the roof was a full grown male peacock just standing there.
We lived in town, there were no peacocks around or we'd have heard them or seen them before.
This one sat up there and watched me park in the driveway, then it went down
the back side of the roof. I hurried through the side gate and saw it fly down
into our yard, where it spread it's tail and strutted in full bloom. Then it folded
up and sailed away on very wide wings. Where it went we don't know, never
saw it again. That was a very strange thing, but the minute it flew down and
spread it's tail I thought of Elvis' peacock suit and how he teased about it being
the 'embodiment' of his 'true self'.... he teased making it funny, but actually when later he explained the spiritual things contributed to the peacock and it's
wonderful colors and beauty, he actually was right, it was very much like him
in spiritual meaning. That suit was beautiful, and so was the very majestic and
mystical visit from the peacock on our roof, just two days after returning from
what was often like a 'war' of sorts dealing with the media and its need for
sensation- even back then in l979-80. It was a sign; I felt great, I called Grandma Suzy and told her about the peacock, she too felt like he sent a sign to say, "Good job, kids! Thank you very much." A little later that week the, or one like it, peacock showed up at Suzy's house- on their roof! It screamed
at them, got their attention then spread it's tail and walked the length of that
long roof- then it flew away never to come back again. She had never heard or seen one in her area either- but they lived closer to Knotts Berry Farm than we did-so maybe it and ours too, came from there?
I hope Kathy will continue to give us memories...I used to be in Norco often, and heard and saw several peacocks - one time there were little ones which we had never seen before.
love to all,
wjh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:17 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wow! Elvis always had/has a great way of making his presence noticiable when he wished/wishes it to be 8) especially for some of his dearest friends as Kathy, Suzy and yourself! :P I LOOOOVE YOUR TALE!

By the way, through a Maia's chaneling back in 2007, Thoth told me about the Peacock, when I asked for some advice in a personal matter:

"It is (the PEACOCK) a symbol of ancient royality or divinity and the shimmmering of it's feather "eyes" opens passage between worlds. It is also both one of my (Thoth's) and Rhama Azul's (El'vis Aaron) devic symbols."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:30 am 
Site Admin

Amazing! More reason to believe he could communicate by sending a 'sign'.
wjh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:09 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I Have never heard that a peacock had something to do with Spirituality, and I have to Agree it sure sounds like Elvis sent a Sign to You All Thank You all for Sharing some Neat Stories. :hug:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:28 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Attachment:
pavo-real02.gif
pavo-real02.gif [ 13.58 KiB | Viewed 575 times ]
Peacock Symbolism

The peacock is a possessor of some of the most admired human characteristics, and is a symbol of integrity and the beauty we can achieve when we endeavor to show our true colors.

In history, myth, legend and lore, the Peacock symbolism carries portents of: Nobility, Holiness, Guidance, Protection and Watchfulness.

In Greco-Roman mythology the Peacock is identified with Hera (Juno) who created the Peacock from Argus whose hundred eyes (seen on the tail feathers of the Peacock) symbolize the vault of heaven and the “eyes” of the stars.

In Hinduism the Peacock is associated with Lakshmi who is a deity representing benevolence, patience, kindness, compassion and good luck.

Similar to Lakshmi, the Peacock is associated with Kwan-yin in Asian spirituality. Kwan-yin (or Quan Yin) is also an emblem of love, compassionate watchfulness, good-will, nurturing, and kind-heartedness.* Legend tells us she chose to remain a mortal even though she could be immortal because she wished to stay behind and aid humanity in their spiritual evolution.

In Babylonia and Persia the Peacock is seen as a guardian to royalty, and is often seen in engravings upon the thrones of royalty.

In Christianity the Peacock symbolism represents the “all-seeing” church, along with the holiness and sanctity associated with it. Additionally, the Peacock represents resurrection, renewal and immortality within the spiritual teachings of Christianity.

Themes of renewal are also linked to alchemical traditions to, as many schools of thought compare the resurrecting phoenix to the modern-day Peacock.

Contemplate the powers of the Peacock when you need more vibrancy and vitality in your experience. The Peacock can also help you on your spiritual Path, and breath new life into your walk of faith.

* Let's remember that El'vis Aaron told us through Maia, that he "carried" much of the femenine quality of Quan-Yin energy when speaking of white butterflies... :wink: :P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:22 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Amanda This so Neat about the Peacock, I Know they are so Beautiful especially the Males. I also know the Male Birds Cry can make your Hair Stand on End To! :lol: :love:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:12 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Oh, dear Rose-Lyn, I just found out your birthday was 4 days ago... :roll: It's never too late to wish you that

(A) this be the happiest year of all your life! :hello: :love: (A)

:bday:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:07 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Amanda Anymore I'm getting so Old My Birthday is just another Day, but I Love You and Thank You for the Birthday Wishes. Late or Not! :love: :love:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:04 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello:

The body may grow old, but Time helps us to make ourselves brighter, purer and more beautiful... inside. And as this happens, we develop the quality to enjoy every minute given to its fullest Life's richness. So, each new day comes to be a joyful party! :mrgreen:

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]