It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: What they say... The Presley Family Quotes
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:08 am 
Dragon

The following are quotes that the Presley's and friends, as well as Elvis say about himself in regards to Seeking for a Higher Truth and/or purpose. I hope you enjoy them...

I mean it all came down to God for him. ~ Lisa Marie Presley

I think he looked at everything, trying to find something, but looked hard! ~ Lisa Marie Presley

He was always interested, you know, in kind of esoteric answers ~ Priscilla Presley

He liked to talk about the higher meaning of life. He believed in reincarnation. This guy was a sophisticated thinker. ~ Jerry Schilling

And the weekends, we’d go up to Self Realization Fellowship, up in Mt. Washington. Elvis loved that because it was very serene, very spiritual up there and he liked to roam around and sit down with the trees, hang out there. ~ Priscilla Presley

We joined Self Realization Fellowship, which could have been any denomination. He went through meditation. It was a way for him to get inside himself. ~ Jerry Schilling

I think it more or less puts your mind at ease, it does mine. ~ Elvis on meditation

He truly had that desire, to find peace and tranquility, which this (Self Realization Fellowship) represented for him. ~ Priscilla Presley

The Buddha that started Self Realization was a guy names Yogananda, and his assistant for years, Daya Mata, took over when Yogananda passed away. And Elvis and Daya Mata had a real special relationship. ~ Jerry Schilling

I think this is where, he finally found someone here that connected with him. Someone of which he could confide. ~ Priscilla Presley

Elvis and I spent a lot of time with her (Sri Daya Mata) and I think for both of us, it was so consoling and it was someone to look up to, someone who seemed to understand a lot about all the answers in the world. You know, she had some wonderful way of expressing things and had words that connected with you.
~ Priscilla Presley

I’m sure (laughs) if the tabloids or something would have gotten a hold of it, boy, they would have had a field day. All the time that Elvis went – and then he would go to where the monks lived, and Daya Mata lived, which is up in the hills in Pasadena – and spend hours, and nobody ever knew, there was never press about it, it was not about money. ~ Jerry Schilling

The different ranges of which he went, you know, the different spheres of religion versus spirituality versus philosophies – and every type, every possibility. ~ Lisa Marie Presely

When Elvis got involved with anything, he didn’t do it in a small way, he did it in a very big way. ~ Priscilla Presely

Elvis wore a Jewish star with his cross and this TCB. But the Jewish star was like extra protection for him, he didn’t want to miss out on heaven due to a technicality. ~ Elvis’ cousin Patsy

So they would ask, ‘How come you have the star of David and the cross’ and he’d say ‘for you to think’ and that would stop you in your track. ‘For you to think. And that was something, that was something he liked to play, mind games on people. ~ Priscilla Presely

There is a book in his room of every possible religion. His potpourri of books, to this day, are pretty mind blowing. When I go into his room now even, and I go through his books, it’s impressive. ~ Lisa Marie Presely

He’d stay in his room and meditate for hours. He’d read books for hours. ~ Priscilla Presely

He was interested in everything almost, and he read book about almost everything, and everybody that he could read about. ~ Elvis’ cousin Patsy

It gives you a better understanding about yourself, as well as other people ~ Elvis on reading.

Especially, in the beginning, the Bible was the most important book to him. ~ Elvis’ cousin Patsy

We’d have people over and he’d preach out of the Bible, which was funny, because he way, his stories were entirely different than what was in the Bible. I mean (laughs) he had a whole other version. Very flamboyant, very expressive and very funny. ~ Priscilla Presely

Well, it was kind of neat because it did give me that connection with him, because I was sort of in that, in that spirituality – searching – and when he started reading the Bible, I remember you (to Priscilla) saying ‘Oh no, there he goes….’ and I’m like “Oh, hmmmm, this is interesting, I’ll hang out. I’ll sit here and let him read a few passages to me.” ~Michelle Beaulieu Hovey

Then as he got into his later life, he read books from different religions, lots of different books; The Prophet was one….~ Elvis’ cousin Patsy

Gosh, there were so many… The Initiation of the World, Impersonal Life, Autobiography of a Yogi, Masters of the World, I mean, just many, many things of which Elvis just gravitated to. He loved them. He sucked it in. There were also other things that he was interested in and one was Cheiro’s Book of Numbers, and he loved numbers. He would always have this, and he loved words – he would break words down, like woman, wo-man, and break them into their syllables and then he tried to match them with that really meant. ~ Priscilla Presely

Elvis said come here I want to read you something and it was from Cheiro’s Book of Numbers, a numerology book. Elvis had figured out that I was a number 6, I couldn’t go through the whole mathematics, I’d be.. so Elvis says I’m a 6, I’m a 6 (nodding). He also read me number 8, his number, which was (pauses) I mean it was really Elvis, and it was really dark too though. But it was about Leadership and everything, but you would die early, and a tragic life, and (deep inhale) it’s amazing. Those are the types of things he was into. ~ Jerry Schilling

He had stacks next to his bed, he read all the time. He’d always adamantly underline everything and write quotes next to the underline. You’ll see “Amen” with an exclamation point, and it’s in all of his books. He’d read something that he really liked and you’d see underline, and he’d write all kinds of stuff next to it and the whole page would be just full of writing. If there was something that he really agreed with or really related to or connected with somehow. ~ Lisa Marie Presley

Anything that indicated to him, he would kind of put a side note to it and he would relate it to what he was doing at the time. ~ Priscilla Presley

And a lot of those times, um… (pauses) I was pretty impressed by what he was underling, spiritually speaking. What he was looking for and what made sense to him. ~ Lisa Marie Presley

I think in the spiritual side and in the books that he read and that search, is truly trying to get some answers. of where should he go? why him? what does he do now? ~ Priscilla Presley

There is no way anyone would go through there and go “well, this is not someone who wasn’t looking”, you know, for who and what he was. ~ Lisa Marie Presley

In Bel Aire, the sprinklers were going and it was those kinds of sprinklers that move kind of back and forth (crossing arms over to show movement) and the way that they were positioned, it looked like angels, and Elvis thought he was seeing angels and he thought that they were calling him, so he would go out and he would want people to see, you know, what he was experiencing. He would see these things and we would try so hard, to see the same things he was seeing or pointing out to us. It goes to show you his search for answers of some meaning to something. I don’t feel he had or felt that he had the support or backing, or the understanding of who he was. ~ Priscilla Presley

But I look at myself strictly as a human being, whose, like I said, very lucky, but whose life, had blood running through my veins and it can be snuffed out and in just a matter of seconds, you know… not as anything supernatural or better than any other human being. ~ Elvis Presley

He always had questions about why him. “Why me, why have I been given this talent?”. He never really understood why all the adulation. ~ Priscilla Presley

I mean even if you’re perfect, I mean, uh, I’m not saying, you know, that I’m perfect, uh, because no man is perfect, but there was only one perfect man and that was Jesus Christ, and people didn’t like him, you know, they killed him and he couldn’t understand why. ~ Elvis Presely

It’s lonely at the top, you hear that and it’s a cliche, but for him it was very true, because I think he was one of the first people to actually get to a place like that, that was so… he was in such an ivory tower and so untouchable and so alienated after a while. ~ Lisa Marie Presley

Elvis lost sight of his purpose in life, believe it or not, he honestly couldn’t understand where it was all going. ~ Priscilla Presley

I’m not real sure if he knew, exactly, what his purpose in life was. I don;t know if any of us think we know our purpose in life. I still don’t know. ~ Elvis’ cousin Patsy

I don’t think he every understood what his special mission was. ~ Priscilla Presley

So that put him on his quest, which was his own, you know, it was very… probably very incredibly lonely to be put in a situation where he’s on his own, trying to find his own. ~ Lisa Marie Presley

He felt that he could do so much more with his talent. When he saw all the people that he had coming to his concerts – he knew that he touched them, and he never really knew what he was to do with it. What did God want him to use this for? He had so many people as his following that he felt that – what could he give back that was of importance, that could be heard, that could somehow help? And I do believe that he thought at one time, that it was to be a preacher. He preached to us. ~ Priscilla Presley

You never stood in that man’s shoes, or saw things through his eyes, or stood and watched with helpless hands, while the heart inside you dies, so help your brother along the way, no matter where he starts. For the same God that made you, made him too… these men with broken hearts. ~ Elvis singing

I think he thought he possibly had a religious calling. That all this was going to lead to some type of way he could make mankind a little better. ~ Jerry Schilling

I need all the help I can get. ~ Elvis Presley

I know that he loved what he did and he did to it to make other people happy. ~ Elvis’ cousin Patsy

I suppose the most important thing in a person’s life is happiness, I mean, not worldly things because, you can have cars, you can have money, you can have a fabulous home, you can have everything – if you’re not happy, what have you got? So I suppose that if I can just continue to make other people’s life enjoyable and to make my own life happy, well then that’s all I can expect out of life. ~ Elvis Presley

So much admiration, so much going on all the time that probably somewhat therapeutic for him to shoot back out and help to do stuff for people that helps – to help people. I believe, my own thing, just from knowing him, is that his spirit came through, in the music, and so that’s kind of what permeated whatever he did and it would touch other spirits and that’s, it’s sort of on a different level. ~ Lisa Marie Presley

Well, Elvis came from a very special place of creativity. He did what he felt. He followed his… he wanted very deeply to follow his instincts. He was just really following his soul. ~ Priscilla Presley

There was no difference between his image and who he was, except for that who he was, was even more important and bigger. Everything you saw, that he had was what was there, what he gave and he never lied, he never put up a front of any kind. He was who he was and that’s what came through – and his image didn’t come anywhere near where he really was as a human being. ~ Lisa Marie Presley

This is a man who contributed so much to our culture, to our history, to his audience… He only wanted to do good work. He only wanted to follow his vision and his passion. ~ Priscilla Presley

I think that basically he finally reached what I guess his goals and what he thought his purpose was in life, but I don’t know that he knew that. ~ Elvis’ cousin Patsy

God has blessed me. He’s given me a lot of things that a lot of the people would like to have. I mean, that I would like to see other people have. In other words, I wish that everybody could have, you know, luxuries in life, but I guess that’s impossible. ~ Elvis Presley

closes with Elvis singing “If I Can Dream”……

SOURCE OF ORIGINAL TRANSCRIPTIONS VIA VIDEO INTERVIEWS:

(1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RITO6V7wWJk&NR=1

(2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep55MD06Xos&NR=1

Post subject: Re: What they say... The Presley Family Quotes
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:19 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank YOU so much, CarryTheLight, for bringing in here the sequence of those quotes. Seeing them put one after the other helps to better understand how their awareness of the purpose of Elvis life seem to have been somewhat widened by time, self development and possibly, by the knowledge of other people's words, people that where also close to him -yet in a different manner- and that have had the oportunity to speak of his inner feelings as being told to them by Elvis, in a intimate and trusty atmosphere.

Though I still believe that the best way to know WHO really Elvis Aaron Presley was/IS, is to connect our heart to his through Time and space... and let our soul touch his... :)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:31 am 
Dragon

You are most welcome Amanda Viola, My pleasure...

Love & Light

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:06 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Thank You for Sharing this CarryTheLight, but I'm also the same way in Connecting to Elvis in my Own Way then to Listen to Some of the Others. :love:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:06 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Though I still believe that the best way to know WHO really Elvis Aaron Presley was/IS, is to connect our heart to his through Time and space... and let our soul touch his... :)

I agree very much, dear Amanda.

Thank you, CarryTheLight, for posting these very beautiful quotes!! :hello: :hug:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:28 pm 
Site Admin

Yes thank you! It was great reading all of those remarks together, forming a
view through their eyes- And also to know that his daughter can relate and
respond to her father's quest and the answers he found and put to use in his
life. The main focal point in all those remarks is that Elvis was true to his spirituality and he did learn from what he read and puzzled over. The comment
that he "didn't really understand" the books and subjects of those books is
put to rest...it is obvious that he did... Finally his friends and family realize
his appreciation for learning via his books.
wjh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:47 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I To see Some Understanding of Elvis More Finally in some of the Remarks, and it Sure is About Time! :hug:

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]