It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:17 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes, Sue, it is so good to read that quote from The Sweet Inspirations. They shared so much with Elvis. They loved him and were always attentive to back him with their own strenght, when he was down on stage.

They shared an especial complicity that shows in the concerts doc. They were like a family, loving and taking care of each other.

I have seen in some interviews that they expected Elvis to live forever, they could not believe when told, that he died. (It happened while flying to next concert).

My simpathy and my love go to them. Thanks a lot!

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:14 pm 
I DON'T KNOW IF YOU SUE AND AMANDA HAVE EVER SEEN THAT REHEARSAL CLIP FROM TTWIIS WHERE ELVIS IS SITTING IN THE CHAIR, THEY ARE REHEARSING ON THE STAGE. WHEN ONE OF THE SWEETS SAY THEY NEED SOME WATER, WELL ELVIS SAT THERE AND KEPT TELLING THE HANGERS ON THAT THE GIRLS NEED SOME WATER. I THINK HE SAID THAT 2 MORE TIMES, THEN ELVIS SAID WE ARE NOT DOING ANY THING ELSE UNTIL THE GIRLS GET SOME WATER. CAN ANYBODY GET THEM SOME WATER? I DIDN'T EVER SEE BEFORE THE CLIP RAN OUT IF THE SWEETS EVER GOT ANY WATER, BUT IT JUST GOES TO SHOW. THAT ELVIS ALWAYS PUT OTHER PEOPLE BEFORE HIMSELF. BARB!

Last edited by Barbara Lea on Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:35 am 
Myrna Smith from the Sweet Inspirations told on the DVD HE TOUCHED ME about the incident when Elvis performed in the Houston Astrodome in 1970.

The organisors didn`t want the SWEETS to be on stage with Elvis because they were black.
Elvis insisted to have them on stage with him otherwise he wouldn`t sing at all. Elvis won :wink: and he even had them sit in his car with him as he welcomed the crowd in that huge stadium in Houston.

That`s Elvis as we know him.... :lol:

Christine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:38 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

That was me, fighting again with my computer.

Myrna also said that after each performance Elvis came to the dressing room of the Sweet Inspirations to say Good Night...

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:33 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Christine, again you and me linked in the same stream of thought!

Yesterday, very late and very tired, I was at the point of commenting just the same you did now. I didn't remember quite well who's quote said something about it. So, I let it go.

Now, I took the time and:

Quote:
Q : The first performances outside was the Houston Astrodome. There was a story behind that.

A : Well, Elvis -- the Rodeo didn't want us to come. There was a message sent to leave the black girls, they didn't need the black girls. And so Elvis responded with, "Well if they don't come, I don't come." But he was really upset about it. There was one person in particular who had sent the message. So when we got there, we were greeted by this little blonde in a convertible and she had to drive us around and she was his daughter. So Elvis always made sure he got even. I'm sure he said, "And I want your daughter to drive them." But, when it was happening we didn't know. We learned that later. Myrna Smith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for bringing this back around dear Sue and yes I did enjoy!! :wink: :P Elvis is not only embedded in the heart of the Sweet Inspirations forever, but he is lovingly woven into the hearts of millions all over the world. :D So nice to think about! :D So like our guy to take a stand for his friends the way he did for the Sweets with the situation with the Astrodome. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:35 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

AMEN too!! :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]