It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Duke Bardwell remember Elvis
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:40 am 
Flame

‘I am floored by what Elvis could do with his voice…’ Former TCB band-member Duke Bardwell remembers Elvis: It’s now 35 years ago that Elvis Presley died, but former bandmember Duke Bardwell continues to be fascinated by his voice: ‘ I have to tell you, any time I hear him sing, I am floored by what he could do and how expressive and perfect his phrasing is…..I'd say "was"…..but it is an "is"’, he says.
Duke was introduced to the magic of Presley’s voice at the tender age of 14: ‘I picked up on Elvis in 1957 when I heard Old Shep and was hooked’.

TURBULENT PERIOD

Bardwell worked with Elvis during 1974 and ’75, a turbulent period that marked the beginning of the end for Presley. Much has been made of Elvis’ sometimes sarcastic comments on stage towards him, but in private Duke got to see a very different side of Presley: ‘I had a couple of opportunities to be with him in private and in these situations he was very nice, considerate, inquisitive, relaxed and sincere. This made the public "snide" remarks even more confusing’. Did he ever attend the gospel singing sessions in Elvis’ penthouse suite at the Las Vegas Hilton? ‘I did hear some of the famous after hours gospel singing sessions as a listener…..never as a participant…..I didn't know any of the songs or I would have been up in there singing with them’, Bardwell remembers. The last time he saw Presley? ‘I don't remember the exact date but it was the last show that I did with him in Vegas. We did not speak….but we had a great water gun fight on stage…..and I won. What he said is not for print!’, Bardwell says laughingly.

(News, Source;ArjanDeelen/ElvisInfoNetwork)

Post subject: Re: Duke Bardwell remember Elvis
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:46 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Liliane, if Any One Wants a Singing Voice that Reaches Deep Down into Your Heart and Soul then Listen to Elvis. As far as Elvis Being Sarcastic, towards Bardwell I don't think he Understood Elvis' Sense of Humor I just can't Believe that Elvis could ever Treat some one like that Especially in Front of a Concert Audience Full of Elvis' Fans. Thank You for Sharing this Very Interesting Article! :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]