It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:07 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Which character was portrayed by Marilyn? I'm thinking she must have either been the drunk blonde or the brunette who danced with him on stage.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:47 am 
LAURIE SHE WAS THE LUCKY GIRL THAT WAS IN THE TENT SCENE WITH ELVIS, WHERE HE RUBBED HER ARMS AND KISSED HIM. BARB!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:14 pm 
I GET THE GOOSEBUMPS AND THE WILLYS EVERYTIME I SEE THAT PART OF THE MOVIE! BARB!!

Last edited by Barbara Lea on Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Trouble With Girls
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:17 am 
Site Admin

Yeah kids, did you notice that he was pretty free with his hands on the stage dancing with her, rassling her onto the train etc: and at every opportunity? He had a ball doing that movie with her, and I think she did also. I love that movie because of the closeups of his face, the laughter, and when he spoke with the lady whose name I can't recall who was the blonde and was "the killer" in the gazebo -those close ups of his face were "killers".
He may not have been in a big part of the film, but when he showed up- wow! He wore hanging on a chain a rabbits foot-there are photo's of Lisa and him with Linda I've seen where Lisa has the rabbits foot around her neck. Daddy's little girl. He said he told her the rabbit gave him it's foot for good luck...he couldn't tell her where they really came from. Or that people ate Peter Rabbit. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:46 pm 
THERE WERE TIMES IN THAT MOVIE THAT ELVIS HAD TO REALLY BITE DOWN ON THAT CIGAR TO KEEP FROM BUSTING OUT LAUGHING AT CHARLENE. :lol: :lol: :lol: BARB!

Post subject: Comments from Cathy Polliska, Follow That Dream
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

I worked on Follow that Dream production and got to be around him daily while on location and again at the studio. He and Ann Helm worked so well together and they became friends; as a result of that relationship she was asigned to work with him again. She dated him and so did I, we had fun comparing notes though he didn't understand our enjoyment in doing that. We were curious about his line and found it was different for both of us-but he was the same on dates. Those dates consisted of having dinner at his hotel suite, going for a ride with a couple of his buddies as "protection" but I'm not sure if it was for his from me or me from him? They tagged everywhere.
He liked to go to the beach and surf-he wasn't a pro but he enjoyed trying and just liked to have fun. He was concerned when some small sharks came up and that ended his getting in the water. He lay on the beach and got tan very well-we girls enjoyed seeing that and kept him well "greased" not to burn.
I stayed a few days with him and Ann stayed a few days, he was a wonderful guy, kind and sweet, funny and serious by turns. Most of the time he didn't have any one staying with him while shooting on location-I think he didn't want to hurt our feelings after learning that we were good friends. I got to sit with him on the flight back to LA and he was very talkative, people didn't realize he was a marvelous conversationalist, could be very deep and spiritual in his thinking. He was studying religious books, carrying them around between trailer and set and hotel. Often he had a well used Bible with him, filled with notes and references and he could explain anything I asked about the Bible in such a way as to make it come alive for me.
I so enjoyed my time with him, I told him on the flight home, that working with him was just an added bonus-so much so did I enjoy sitting with him, listening to him talking and that he was so profound, intelligent and understanding and I was impressed. He blushed! He became so shy, until then I had not heard him be for lack of words, he stammered and stuttered and was nervous.
He really did not think anyone, especially a woman who had a full college degree would notice how how much he tried to be intelligent and serious and to have educated people appreciate that side of him gave him a sense of fear he said, that maybe he might let someone down because he wasn't that smart really. It was all something he was having to learn and having a hard time doing as he wasn't a quick learner. I think he was extremely quick and sharp and he was pleased to hear that and he asked me to come to Bel Air with him where I could stay until the film was finished, I wouldn't have to stay in a hotel room and it would be free of charge. I said, your house is that large-room for everyone who's with you?
And he smiled that beautiful smile and said, Honey, I have a large room with a bath, a big bed, and half of it is yours, if you want it. I won't even get on your side, okay? I really made him laugh when I said, Oh, I'll just come over to your side then. God, how I miss that man, I think of him every day. I hope he knows it, he wanted to be remembered and had a deep sense of being forgotten, as so many people he came up with were forgotten. He is the greatest entertainer of our time and it will take some doing to surpass him in many years to come.
Cathy Polliska

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:45 pm 
THANK YOU WANDA FOR SUCH A BEAUTIFUL TOUCHING STORY :cry: , I KNOW IF I COULD OF HAD A CHANCE TO BE WITH ELVIS LIKE THESE LUCKY WOEMEN WERE. I WOULD CHERISH EVERY MOMENT :( , AND LIKE SO MANY THAT SAID THEY WOULD NEVER HAVE ANOTHER MAN IN THEIR LIVES. BECUAE NONE COULD EVEN COME CLOSE TO ELVIS, I KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT I WOULD DO AND FEEL THE SAME WAY. FOR THE LOVE OF ELVIS! BARB!

Post subject: Marlyn Mason Interview
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:29 am 
Sun Dial

If anyone wants to, you can read the complete interview on Elvis Australia, www.elvis.com.au Go to "Interviews" and find her name. She had an interesting story of how she got a particular reaction from Elvis for a close-up, per the director's request. :wink:

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]