It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: lisa marie's quotes about her dad
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:20 pm 
Owl

I had read all the sweet things that elvis told to wanda about his little girl so i think it would be nice put what his girl had said about Elvis :

"I would see my father all the time--Christmas, Easter, entire summers, weekends. A couple of times I went on tour with him," . "If he was going to be settled in one place for a while, like Las Vegas, he'd call for me to come visit for a few days. I'd be sitting in class, and my mom would pull up in the car before school was over. That's when I knew I was going to see him.

- He called me Buttonhead or Yisa. He'd never call me Lisa unless he was mad at me. "One night when I was about five or six, we were watching TV. I looked up at him and said, 'Daddy, Daddy, I don't want you to die.' And he just looked down at me and said, 'O.K., I won't. Don't worry about it.' I said that to him several times when we were alone together. He probably thought I was completely crazy. But I always felt protective of him. I guess I was picking something up. I was nine years old when my father died, so I was pretty aware."

-"All the bad things never changed my love for my dad. There's a certain strong feeling that I have for him that is only for my dad--not for Elvis Presley."

-I definitely know that I have my father's temper.

-"One Christmas I asked for Elton John albums," she says, "and my dad was sitting there when I opened them up and was, 'Who the hell is this son of a bitch?' and walked out. And then he got some of the records -- 'Who is my daughter interested in besides me?' -- and I think he went to see him live, to check out who he was."

-about the funeral:I was so astounded by the hundreds of thousands of people who were clearly in mourning. They were having these violent reactions in front of me. Thousands of people were coming through my house to look at his body. I remember watching them all and being so confused. I couldn't really have my own grieving time. It wasn't until a month later at camp - where my mom sent me to get away from it all - that I lost it.

-"I just knew that he adored me," she said, smiling dreamily as she thought about her father. "I wasn't thinking, `Oooh, I get to fly,' or anything like that. I never thought that it was weird or unusual. I just knew he was crazy about me, and that was just him showing his love for me. He was just doing what was in his heart.

-"That's part of the problem with my love life," she continued. "I'm looking for someone similar to him, and nobody could ever compare. He was so extraordinary a presence — not even as an entertainer, just as a person. Yes, he sang well, and, yes, the songs were great, but that was him coming through the music. He was bigger than life — and he still is."

-"There was something really humble about him. He enjoyed being at Graceland with the people close to him. I loved being around Graceland. I hated leaving. I haven't read the bios about him because I knew him. I don't need to know what other people thought he was like.

-"He was a larger-than-life figure to me, someone I admired in everyway. I was daddy's girl."

-about elvis's "friends": "I got an early education on how bad men and women can act. Most of those people were sucking the life out of him."

-. "One thing he had was a lot of pride and dignity and if anybody tries to take it away, I'm kind of hardcore with that."

-He didn't have a quick temper, but when he was angry, he was ang-ry. If you betrayed him or he was hurt by someone, oh, God, the roof would blow off the house. And that's how I get. I want asses served to me on a platter for lunch when I'm angry.

-about memphis maphia: I saw on TV about him, on the E! True Hollywood Story. It actually did me in, emotionally, for days. What made me angry was the interviews with the motherfuckers who hung around him. These idiots were so disgusting--they helped him go down and were actually worse than he was. It infuriated me. They were trying to take away his dignity, the one thing that was most important to him. And I needed to strike back at that. I happened to be going to the studio, and I got the melody in my head and started to cry.

-I hear it nonstop from my family: "You are just like him." "My god, you're just like your daddy right now." I hear that all the time when I'm in Memphis.

-"I think about my dad all the time,"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:56 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you very much, Rachel. It has been such a great idea!

When seeing put toghether what Lisa thinks and feel about his Daddy, I can't help understanding how will powered she is, how determinated, how bright and clean, how loving. Of course she has some kind of energy Elvis had. I think there it is one more person to help the world go better.
As I said in some other place in this forum, I'm certain we'll see a lot more from her, in a good sense, of course. 8) :D :D

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:52 pm 
Owl

Both are welcome glad you like it , I think she knew elvis better that anyone cause he knew the real elvis not the star or singer just the man and dad and she saw the other man the one that was sweet, kind of a child and love her more that his life i also lost my father when i was a kid but i knew him so well and i'm just like him , my personality because when you had a good daddy you always remembered the things he said and did the same with lisa , you can see she really love Elvis more that anyone and it's the one that most missed him, i remember when i read the vogue article when they interviewed the 3 presleys woman and they asked what elvis would think about lisa marie and she said she hated that question but priscilla asnwered and when she ended lisa said something like how much she would like to have her daddy.

Plus i thing is so rude for her be elvis's daughter because you have to hear all his "friends" talked about him , all the fans said about him and all the world looking at her because of that , she was famous before be born and plus people or elvis fans also sometimes said bad things about her or her mom i think is a rude situation to be her and also watching all the elvis impersonators i remembered when she said sometimes she didn't like it to see them and the journalist said why and she said i don't if many people like to see person dressed like you're dad father , so it's must be hard but she knew her dad and love him.

Post subject: Lisa
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:34 am 
Site Admin

Elvis had such high hopes for his daughter-and she has not let those hopes down. I think she is a great deal like him, he's proud of her, I know. The fact she refuses to talk about her personal memories is an Elvis trait dead away- and I am so glad she looks like him. That tickled him silly to say, and he saw her changing to look like him-I am so glad of that too. To say he was crazy about her isn't enough...she meant more than his career, anything he had and even his own life. To be able to handle the crap that has been said about him the way she has, by doing exactly as Elvis would do, rant and rave, but only privately. It's the correct way for her-because to feed it is to make it grow-and she learned that well at an early age. I understand what she said about finding a guy like her daddy-impossible enough to think, hardly likely to ever be true- Starla has looked and given up-deciding to heck with it-she doesn't need another guy telling her what to do-she works with hundreds of them daily...and
very few even rate dinner and a movie. So I can truly appreciate Lisa's difficulty finding a man she can be happy with. I wish her the best on this try-at least he is a musician and she's known him a long while. It takes one to know one, to understand the situation. that helps. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:35 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

about memphis maphia: I saw on TV about him, on the E! True Hollywood Story. It actually did me in, emotionally, for days. What made me angry was the interviews with the motherfuckers who hung around him. These idiots were so disgusting--they helped him go down and were actually worse than he was. It infuriated me. They were trying to take away his dignity, the one thing that was most important to him. And I needed to strike back at that. I happened to be going to the studio, and I got the melody in my head and started to cry.

was that the moment she wrote down idiot.

I always ask myself who she exactly had in mind while writing this song.

Perhaps more then one :x

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:40 pm 
Owl

I felt the same way when i saw the E! true hollywood story i remembered felt so angry and mad i always recorded everything about elvis but when i saw that i hated and stop recording that cause was so negative about elvis i can't imagine what had to felt lisa marie when she saw that.

Last edited by rachel162cl on Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:01 pm 
I USE TO SAY THAT WHEN ELVIS WAS MADE THEY BROKE THE MOLD, BUT I THINK THEY MADE ONE MORE. LISA MARIE PRESLEY!! :D BARB!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:40 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks, it was great to read again. And the "kid" is more and more like him as she grows in maturity! He is probably so excited over his little yessa he must break out in hives even now! He always had a picture or two of her with him, and one of her and her mom as well-they went right with his books and he had one in a frame that sat beside his bed for a while-he only mentioned that once or twice and it was always in his brief case that held things he wanted with him when he traveled. Of course he didn't carry it but it went along.
The last time I saw him, he had a picture of her on the inside pocket of his jacket and took it out to show me.
When he spoke of her was the only time his eyes lit up as they used to do. There was such a farawayness about his eyes...always had been but not all the time then even in Vegas that last time, he had that look. People we didn't know who were sitting at the table across from us commented on the distant look of saddness he had in those eyes. But he was sick and he knew it wasn't something he could just throw off this time. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:23 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

She has much insight & awareness, even though she was only 9 when her Daddy died. I think her sometimes gruff exterior hides a very tender hearted individual.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

More like dad in that way too, though he was more experienced in how to handle people and those inner feelings he had when a round them. She is so like him it is wonderful and scary also for she must sufffer deeply when his reputation and self worth are so trashed at times-even by supposedly "intelligent news caster types".
I could strangle some of them-especially the woman on Fox channel which I will NEVER turn on a gain after her ignorant comments that were uncalled for and way out of line and VERY untrue! wjh

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next