Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:58 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

who might have been the new girl???

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:54 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thought I'd bring this interview back up for newer members to review. Ginger rarely gives interviews.

Has anyone heard, is Ginger coming out with a book? I thought I recalled reading something along those lines but can't remember now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

Laurie thank you so much for posting this interview with Ginger and her sister and for bringing it back around again. :) It was very interesting to read and Joe I would also like to thank you for the additional update you gave us as to the new girl that was going to be on the new tour. :) Very interesting to know also. :) How heartbreaking it must have been for Elvis to never have been able to realize if someone was in love with him or with "Elvis Presley". :cry: This really makes me so sad because with all that is known about him, the man, thanks to Wanda to me it just seems like it would've been very easy to love the man rather than just the "image". There he was so hoping to be loved for HIMSELF by that one special woman while his "image" was adored by millions. :( I can only imagine how that must have made him feel. :( Also Wanda I completely agree with you 100% with what you said here about the ones that Elvis was going to get rid of that didn't deserve to be there " Not to rain on their parade, but I hope they get caught without umberellas and have to wade water to their necks-barefoot.". AMEN my friend!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:13 pm 
Site Admin

He had a couple in mind-in case he needed a "backup" I guess. One was called Debbie I believe she was in Memphis and he'd met her where she worked. The other was on the West Coast and he had known her a while, she was a blonde too and very pretty, quite a bit like Linda T. in many ways. Loved poetry, liked listening to him read her things, was religious and inqiring and she was willing to give up everything to be with him for a while-something they all had to do...devote themselves to him. We knew her-it would have been good for a while, but he would have moved on-I don't think Elvis could possiblly be happy with one woman after all the women he'd been around and with. It seems to me that he would have expectations that one female could not fulfill on all counts. Maybe I am wrong, but I have always thought that after getting to know him. He may not have been totally aware that he was in my term for it, "addicted to the excitement of meeting new women" and without that continued excitement which might wear off after a while with any one, he would start to be bored or expecting more than could be given??? Just my theory and not based on any professional knowledge or training. I ain't smart-just not real stupid. quote from Elvis and it fits me too.

One other fact that not everyone realizes or knows about but will soon probably, is that from the time Elvis was born he never slept by himself...first he slept with his parents until he was older, then they lived in small quarters and he often slept with them even as a teenager..especially in wintertime. Elvis was afraid to be alone-not that he was "scared" exactly, but he had not ever been alone since being concieved...a very strong tie for twins was formed and he didn't get over it. Even as an adult he worried about being alone with all the people after him as he became more popular. He didn't want confrontations with anyone unexpectedly in the night etc: or day etc:. And too, he was a sleep walker, a dreamer who had nightmares and he needed someone nearby to watch over him. He liked to sleep with someone, often got in bed with relatives to sleep and thought nothing of it. He liked to have a woman with him just to be there, not always for sexual reasons at all which was and is distorted and misconstrued by many including his "trusted mm guys" etc:. They surmised the worst-guess those keyholes didn't always allow a clear view? Anyway, Elvis was a little bit weird in that way as he put it, not liking to sleep alone. He just needed to know someone was there if he needed them, had a nightmare, whatever. Many women who were with him say these things-it was common knowledge among the "groupy circuit of young starlets and hopefuls" who got to be a round him or knew others who had. But they didn't think he was strange except he often did not want to have sex with them, just wanted to cuddle and fall asleep knowing somebody was there who cared for him or about him. As he put it, "what's wrong with that"? He always said he wasn't the stud they made him out to be-he was just "a normal guy, in an abnormal situation, doing a public kind of job" and he "was no better, and no worse than most guys". He was "average" he said a few times...and I said "Really!"
And he laughed and said, "Well, we ain't gonna go measurin' nothin' personal to prove it-but I ain't nothin' special except I can sing pretty good and I grow lots of hair!" I have to say that was one time we laughed a while over! I miss my buddy. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:52 am 
Site Admin

I echo your sentiments above exactly dear Sue! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:04 am 
Site Admin

I agree, he had decided he wasn't going to marry Ginger. However, he might have asked her to marry him, gone into the whole thing, the dress, Graceland the entire dream in his mind of what his wedding would be etc;-a few days or nights before his death...and if he did do that as she says he did, it might have been his desire to "give her that dream" because he knew his time was limited and "at least she would have that dream" to remember. He would want to leave her with the best possible memories under the circumstances-I truly think that was something he would do-knowing how he tried hard to make people happy, wanted them to think well of him and give them something in return for their time with him. I thought that the first time I read her remarks in the first interview I read that she had given not long after his death. And I thought then, so like you Elvis, to leave her with loving memories. Of course, I believe he knew he was going to die and very soon-he was doing the best he could for everyone while he could.
When I heard he had not packed up his books, his personal things he liked to take with him and he was to be leaving the day he died, well I knew then that he knew he wasn't going to make it....He never went off without that suitcase of books etc:...his personal treasures that he always had with him...even on tour.
Especially his favorite Bible books- He knew the time was near- and he was ready. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:40 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I think that too Wanda.

Beautiful said tough.

You really seem to have peace with it now also, don't you.

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:40 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
When I heard he had not packed up his books, his personal things he liked to take with him and he was to be leaving the day he died, well I knew then that he knew he wasn't going to make it....He never went off without that suitcase of books etc:...his personal treasures that he always had with him...even on tour.
Especially his favorite Bible books- He knew the time was near- and he was ready. wjh

What you said here, Wanda, feels to be the truth! :roll:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:26 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I also believe that what your intuition tells you is true, Wanda. Or at least, as close to truth as one may come not being Elvis himself. :roll:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:59 am 
Site Admin

AMEN Amanda! :P

Page 2 of 5 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next