It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 4 of 5 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:11 pm 
Site Admin

FairyTale wrote:
I know it wouldn't have been hard for me at all to have Loved Elvis The Man, because when he was at home and not on the stage that's who he was just Elvis The Man. I have always looked beyond the Image anyway, its a Real Shame that the Love that Elvis wanted to Freely give to a Women was always Blocked because of a Image. :( FairyTale!

I. too, have always looked beyond the image dear FairyTale and when it comes to an entertainer I think you have to because it is the heart that lies beneath the artist that helps to create the image that so many people come to "know" if that makes any sense?? :? In any case, I believe that the last part of your comment is unfortunately and sadly the truth. :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:02 am 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
Makes sense to me for sure, dear Mari and I'm sure all the other ladies too! Your words are beautifully framed to be able to know and understand ALL you mean here. With Elvis specifically, one needs to sort the 'wheat from the chaff' with all that has been written and said over the years to be able to find the true treasures from such as Wanda, JoAnna, Larry etc, the 'jewels in the crown' so far as being able to read and understand Elvis more as the 'heart beneath the artist' and get to know, understand and love him beyond the image.

Thank you so very much Sue my dear angel for your very kind and loving words about me!!! :D :D :D I am so glad that you understood what I meant and that you think that everyone else will too. :D :D It was weird because it was like I knew what I meant to and wanted to say about how I felt but yet didn't quite feel like the way it ended up being said truly explained what I meant and felt in my heart ya know???? :? :? :roll: :oops: How my heart dances with gladness that we have the "jewels in the crown" to lovingly help us sort through the "wheat from the chaff!!!" :wink: :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:11 pm 
Site Admin

Im sorry I didn't answer the question from one of the posts earlier concerning was I able to be sympathic with Elvis or was he just "toughing it thorugh". I didn't do alot of sympathic stuff unless I "Felt" that he needed it; more often I tried to be "centered" so he could be too, and not dig too much into his heartaches, just let him spill it if he wanted to do so. He did sometimes, he cried sometimes and I did to but quietly and often he didn't know what he said brought me to tears. A few times he did, and he'd always try to choke it back down because he didn't want me to cry "for me"..."don't want anyone cryin' over me, no point to it"... I told him that people cry for the ones they love, it gives the comfort and release and that it was good to cry, for everyone, male and female and I thought it was wrong when boys are taught they can't cry, they can't have that release and comfort of letting it out through their tears. And he said something about, "men should not go round just bawlin' all the time," and I said, well, neither should women! He agreed but he thought it was more a female thing to have softer hearts because they had the children-and I said, but the men can have soft hearts because they too, have the childlren. And he agreed, at that time he didn't have any children nor was he married and he said, "Gawd, knowin' me, 'um gonna be as big a baby as any baby I may have...even if there's 4 or 5 of 'em...lordy, my wife will have to keep a alot of wipin rags around! Meaning handkerchiefs etc:...he had some his mother would make out of old shirts and soft things and hem them like store bought, he said. She even would sew his name on a corner sometimes. He said, "My nose was always runnin' for one reason or nother..." I guess even as a child he had lots of colds, flu and leg pains "because I was growin' fast, ya know. Them kind of pains like kids get-especially active ones." I had forgotten about his "nose runnin' " etc: but it came "flying back" thinking about him crying etc:.... weird what triggers things at times. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:51 am 
Wanda June Hill wrote:
He did sometimes, he cried sometimes and I did to but quietly and often he didn't know what he said brought me to tears. A few times he did, and he'd always try to choke it back down because he didn't want me to cry "for me"..."don't want anyone cryin' over me, no point to it".

Thank you Wanda! :) I had asked this question originally and am only too happy to wait a while for an answer. Your answers are treasures!

I'm so happy to know that he could cry with you. Even if he had a lot of excuses and talk to go with it, it's still a beautiful thing. Thank you from my heart for telling us.

How touching that he remembered the handkerchiefs his mother made for him... It seems he held every little thing she did for him close in his heart, and it seems he wanted others to love her the same. I love that he never took any acts of kindness toward him for granted.

And Mari, I just jumped in here and didn't see where you posted what Sue quoted above, I just wanted to say that I found it beautiful and true, too!!! And the picture you posted...I wish that was a mural on my daugher's bedroom wall. The colors are magnificent and the meaning even moreso. :)

Much love,
Trish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:02 pm 
Wanda you sure could hold yourself together when Elvis cried, thats one thing I could not have Handled at all. I never could stand to see a Man Cry, and I know if Elvis ever cried on the Phone with me I would have Lost it Completely. But then again if I knew he needed me , then it would have took all I could do but I would have Tried my Best to keep a Handle on my Emotions for him. FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:07 am 
Site Admin

Golden Sky wrote:
.......And Mari, I just jumped in here and didn't see where you posted what Sue quoted above, I just wanted to say that I found it beautiful and true, too!!! And the picture you posted...I wish that was a mural on my daugher's bedroom wall. The colors are magnificent and the meaning even moreso. :)

Thank you so much dear Trish for your kind and loving words about my post above. :D :D They, as are you, are very much appreciated my dear angel!!! :D :D :love: Sweet FairyTale, I can understand and completely relate to what you said about having to try as hard as possible to keep my own emotions together and not cry if I were to have been blessed enough to talk to Elvis on the phone and he would have started to cry. I cry for him now as it is, and I know that he wouldn't want me to as he said to dear Wanda that he didn't want her crying "for me" as he said ......"don't want anyone cryin' over me, no point to it"...My head understands that, but my heart, however, is another story completely. :cry: :cry: :roll: He has just touched it in such a special way that I sometimes just can't help it darn it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:17 am 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
.......if Elvis had expressed his feelings to us and we'd shown our emotions, he'd quite possibly have felt bad for feeling he'd upset us and not chosen to speak so openly afterwards, maybe, you know?

Having such a loving and caring soul for others' feelings, undoubtedly he probably would have chosen to not speak so openly if he thought he was upsetting us. Bless him! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:56 am 
Site Admin

Wasn't it Lynn Kellogg who said Elvis cried on her shoulder when Martin Luther, King was killed? I can't remember now, but she too cried but with him and that moment touched her deeply for he was broken hearted at that senseless act and then for it to have happened in Memphis, his home state. He was ashamed he said to me when talking of such things, and then Kennedy's death was another he spoke of...it angered him and he was heartsick at his countrymen's actions. He did not think either event was an "act of one person" and he felt it was a cover up and was done because of both men's "influence on American citizens" and done by those "who actually run the country" - and he meant those of influence and money... who's "greed ate up their heart and steeled their minds".
I remember that line well, as I'd never heard it put that way before-I do wish I had those conversations but I don't and since I don't recall it all I can't actually tell what all he said, but I do recall being impressed that he could think so deeply even though he was making fluff movies etc: and never said much publically at all. those few times he did, he was so sharp and intelligent and straightforward ...but revealed very little of the man who was the image...unless one had been around him, knew him then a bit would show...his sense of humor, his expressions-the eyes mainly and then it would be how easily he hid his heart.
I would like to know the name of the actress who said he cried on her shoulder over Martin Luther King,, Jr. though- I'm putting a line or two in one section when I know their names and their remarks. Thanks if anyone knows for sure. I think it's posted but couldn't find it. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:46 pm 
Wanda How Truly Blessed I would have Felt if Elvis Chose to be that Close to me, to let His Emotions and what he Felt in his Heart Show with Me. I'm So ThankFul that He had You! FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:44 pm 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
Quote:
Wanda How Truly Blessed I would have Felt if Elvis Chose to be that Close to me, to let His Emotions and what he Felt in his Heart Show with Me. I'm So ThankFul that He had You! FairyTale!

AMEN, dear Fairytale! So very well expressed and agree 1,000,000% with what you have said above! I'm so thankful Elvis had Wanda and her family around! :D :D

Image dear ladies!!!!! :D :D :wink:

Page 4 of 5 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next