It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 4 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Hot and cold
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:35 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Wanda , for sharing the letter from the nurse!
In a phone call with you from 1971 Elvis told you that he always felt he was burning up here on earth, because he came from the ninth moon of Jupiter, and that home was always cool. That`s why he liked his rooms that freezing cold!!

For me this would be hard to bear, I always like it warm or hot! Must have come from a different planet :wink: :lol: . (Sirius, someone told me! :roll: )

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject: Burning up
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

yes he did say that a few times, and he did say his "home out there" was cooler than earth and that he came "too soon" he hadn't adjusted and so it was burning him up "inside". I don't know if he kept Graceland that cold or not-but there were when we went the first time and it wasn't open to visitors yet, just the garden was-there was a large window type airconditioner that looked like it was built in one window on the side of the house were his rooms were-not on the front part of his rooms but the side and above the kitchen door leading out to the pool etc:. I think it probably was for his benefit. They've changed things so much there now, and I don't recall seeing or even looking up there when we went the last time. He said there were atic fans also-so it would be cool air coming in at night. He was up nights and slept days alot there also. He liked California for the "dry air" and he didn't have wet clothing all the time as he did in the South. I liked the way he looked when he tied his shirt tail up in front...and he still did that in the 70's -the last time he was out in the hall in Vegas when I went up again he had his shirt tied up, his naval exposed and was wearing jean cut pants and boots. He had the turquiose and silver belt on then too and the button of his pants was not fastened-why I don't know...didnt' see anything relating to that! His sleeves were rolled up, the shirt wasn't buttoned , just tied and he had lipstick on the side of his face. I didn't stay to get to the front of the line as it was pretty crowded, in fact, he had to quit doing that as it was getting out of hand and the hotel was complaining- Anyway, as I was leaving I waved at him and he looked kind of like, "You're leaving?????" But a very short lady who had to be 40 if a day younger, grabbed hold of him and pulled him down where she could reach him and was going at him, had him by the hair and he was getting hold of her wrists to remove her as I got on the elevator and people were laughing. I couldn't see his face-but he asked for it! That rope wasn't much protection! After the Imperial suite was done, he wasn't that accessable any more and he'd kind of grown tired of it too, the new had "worn off" so he was content to go visit now and then and then stay upstairs with people. By then, it was pretty hectic at the hotel anyway. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:10 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda June,

were you able to visit him in his imperial suite.

How did it look . Was it beautiful, large etc...

would like to know how he lived while being there

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject: Imperial suite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

yes, with lots of other people coming and going, talking and so forth-didn't get to talk to him except social conversation, and asked him to sign 3 pictures and a couple of menus for me. He also signed a couple of books of matches-someone else had put half a box down and asked him to sign them when he had a moment, so he did while talking to people. He put two of them on the menus when he handed them back to me. I still have one, but gave one away. We have a couple of menus, most we gave away-yeah, we did...after all, he'd be around forever, we could get more.
Just like most people thought. The suite was beautiful, and surprisingly like a really nice big house more than a hotel suite and the view was super from up there though I have a thing about heights and if he hadn't been up there I wouldn't have EVER gone that high for anyone! I sure wouldn't go out onto that balcony and could barely stand to look out the windows of the floors we were on everytime we stayed at the Hilton or International. His bedroom was right off the front entrance which like Maia, it surprised me that he'd be right there-you'd think he would be holed up back in the bowels somewhere but I guess it was for convince of the guests who stayed there. I wasn't in there or any of the other rooms-just in the sitting area where there was a coffee table surrounded by sofas and chairs- Elvis sat across the way where he was laughing his head off at a comic who was popular in Vegas and I can't recall his name now for the life of me-but I have it in the book fortunately! Elvis made the rounds of the room, he was very polite and was friendly to everyone he came to, most of whom he knew or who came with someone he knew...like I did-I couldn't have got up there without one of his musician's helping me get past the "gargoyles" selectively screening his guests. He asked twice if someone he expected was out side or had they seen them downstairs and was told no, didn't come by...but I'd bet they did but were turned away. The Imperial suite was done mostly in golds, dark blues, blacks and windows...lots of glass and chandlier like lighting...nearly as large as those in the showroom. I remember him saying they moved when the wind swayed the building. He had trouble getting used to that movement-maybe he could feel it more since he was sensitive to such things. He got a little shook up during the earthquake and those huge lighting fixtures began to swing! His suite windows were foiled as usual so he could "convince his brain it was time to sleep". I spent most of my time "viewing" Elvis, just watching him and people reacting to him. The other thing I remember is noticing there was a lot of confetti in the carpet-I guess from parties or something like that; it hadn't been cleaned well around the furniture edges or under any thing either. Probably because it had to be done when he was out of there and even then there could be other people in his rooms and so, must of been difficult for the cleaning ladies getting things done up there...though it was beautiful and everything new looking- When he first played there, it wasn't finished so he was the first one to stay there so it became "Elvis' suite"....The King's Suite...which he didn't want them to name it and they didn't. I didn't see the bathrooms but heard about them being really swanky-gold fixtures etc; and probably where they came up with the idea for his plane's bathroom. wjh

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Priscilla mentions some nurses
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:57 pm 
Phoenix

Hi all

I came across an interview Larry King did with Priscilla June 22 2005. In that she mentions a couple of nurses that Elvis had......here is a bit of it

Quote:
CALLER: Hi, Larry. Hi, Priscilla. I just have a question. My husband and I were in Memphis a couple of years after Elvis had died and we had the pleasure of meeting a nurse that used to take care of Elvis, Miriam.

Priscilla: Yes.

CALLER: And I was wondering if you keep in contact with her or any of the other people that help take care of Elvis. Thank you.

Priscilla: Thank you. Yes, I know Miriam very well. And yes, I'm in contact with her. She was wonderful. I'm in contact with Jonelle McCohen (ph) who has been a family member -- like a family member for years. Both ladies are just -- been terrific.

KING: Did he have a personal nurse?

Priscilla: Yes, that was Miriam.

KING: Nurse?

Priscilla: Yes. Toward the end. I mean, she would -- he just -- he'd become very fond of people and he didn't like to change around. If she assisted him. And she, you know, would be called in by him and wanted her there and had a lot of talks with her, confided in her.

Perhaps the letter is from Miriam (I think this is supposed to be Marion and was misheard or mistyped in the translation) or Jonelle?????

Vera

Post subject: Marion Cocke, nurse
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

No, it wasn't her as she came along a while after the one who wrote to me. So going by what Mrs. Cocke says in her interview with Joe Krin (Elvis2001.net ) it couldn't be the same nurse. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:15 am 
I had never heard of Jonelle and wondered more so if she was the one that may have written the letter?

Vera

Post subject: Letter from nurse
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:52 am 
Site Admin

I do not know, but she was not a "medical" nurse except that she was treating those people under severe emotional distress, suicidal and etc:... like a psych doctor or something? Mental trauma specalist? She did not sign her name or give me her name and her letter had no return address as then one didn't have to put one on the letters like we do now. Our post offices are not supposed to mail letters without returns on them...
for security purposes they say. This lady was there when his wife left him-that was early in 70's like 71-72-they were separated off and on, but then she moved out and Lisa was only like 2 1/2 years old...when his legs were really "knocked out" from under him. His "security and emotional base" was shattered for the 2nd time in his life-maybe the 3 since he was so shook as a 3 year old when his father was "taken" away and then his mom died and now his family ripped apart. You know they say, 3 strikes for deep emotional events and "you're out" for most people...he still had his career-until his health went down the tubes...and he was losing that too. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:47 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

This is a really moving thread to read, that lady's letter and all Wanda's comments and those of the other friends of ELC Forum. Thank you for bringing it back, Sue Lenora.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:43 pm 
Site Admin

Amanda Viola wrote:
This is a really moving thread to read, that lady's letter and all Wanda's comments and those of the other friends of ELC Forum. Thank you for bringing it back, Sue Lenora.

Amanda you said everything that I feel right here and I am in complete accord with you my dear friend. :D My thanks to you also sweet Sue. :D

Page 2 of 4 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next