It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Ginger and Rosemary
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:56 pm 
Site Admin

It was an interesting story and explains some of the things going on that were legal however, I have to return to the fact that Elvis had changed his mind, why I do not know other than he felt he shouldn't marry Ginger and that it wasn't anything about her family or any of that, it was just he was trying to "relive happier times from the past" and felt it would never work out. He couldn't go through all that again...and didn't want to ever get that close to any woman again. Now, other people who were not members of the mm have said similar things-Ed Parker said Elvis wasn't able to get things "just right, the way he wanted them" with Ginger and her "family kept getting in the way". And then Charlie said he wasn't going to marry Ginger-had changed his mind-but he didn't go into any details of why. Then Larry I believe said something similar that he had "changed his mind". Elvis liked Ginger-loved her he thought, but then it must have been as he had so often said of past relationships. "just a passing thing...I thought I was in love, but it wasn't really..." He loved looking at Ginger, thought she was the best thing since "bisquets" and he liked her laugh and she was smart and had her head together etc: and he wanted more children...but and it is a very large one-the bottom line is he knew he didn't have long to live-I think he got bad news and that put a whole into his plans. At the time he gave her the ring he thought he was better-was told that he had a good chance for a longer future-but on that last tour, it all fell apart on him and he knew then, he didn't have much time and that changed everything. Too, he needed money, so he could stop touring and do what he wanted and have a family life-this was in his plans...but it all came undone because his health failed to improve and infact, he just had weeks...not years.
As for whether or not he "read a pre publication of that book" Elvis SAID he had read something that came out in the Star-that was printed in England before the book came out- he was hurt, angry and stuttering over it too. And couldn't understand why they would "lie" and make things out to be more than they were. Later, he did read the actual book when it was released. And said it wasn't so bad after all, they had a lot of fun but he didn't know why they twisted things around so much. wjh

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]