It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Elvis , early days-letter from fan
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:47 pm 
Site Admin

This is part of a letter that tells of meeting Elvis in l974

I worked as a security agent for a small hotel in Kansas City, Mo. One night one of the guests phoned in saying that men were scuffling and about to fight in the hallway. I went to check and saw four men standing in a huddle in the hall, the hall lights were out and they were in simi darkness. It appeared to me that they had been drinking as they were laughing and speaking in some kind of slang most of which I could not understand. I called for them to face me, shone my very bright light on them and it appeared they were drunker than I thought. One of them came toward me, I ordered him to stop and to stand where he was as I
was about to signal for help. The man held his hands over his head and said
"we surrender-don't shoot!" I didn't have a gun, just a stun gun and was pointing the light in his face when he said, "I'm Elvis Presley and we lost the key
to our rooms." No one had told me EP was there, I'd just come on duty when
the call came in so I was taken by surprise...and some doubt. I said, if that is
true why didn't you stop and get new ones? He said, "Can I put my hands down?" I said yes, stay where you are. He said, "Don't shoot me!" I asked
do you have a gun? He said " Mam, you can search me, I don't have any deadly weapons on me, really!" And then he laughed and I knew immediately it WAS Elvis!
I had a new set of keys sent up, I wanted to stay and chat with Elvis who introduced me to the 3 other men, his friends and traveling companions. He was very charming, unbelievably handsome and quite wrong when he said he didn't have any "deadly weapons" on him! Those eyes, that smile and the love and warmth coming off of him were very, very lethal!
Elana Mitchel, Kansas City, Missouri

Post subject: Re: Elvis novel
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:22 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:lol: "we surrender-don't shoot!"
so cute, I tried to imagine that scene. Thank you, Wanda, for posting this letter!! :hello:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:30 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Adorable Story and I could Picture the whole scene in my and Elvis Sure Had Weapons, he was never aware of. But it didn't take Long for that Girl to find them. :P :love:

Post subject: Re: Elvis , early days-letter from fan
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:41 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda June Hill wrote:
This is part of a letter that tells of meeting Elvis in l974

I worked as a security agent for a small hotel in Kansas City, Mo. One night one of the guests phoned in saying that men were scuffling and about to fight in the hallway. I went to check and saw four men standing in a huddle in the hall, the hall lights were out and they were in simi darkness. It appeared to me that they had been drinking as they were laughing and speaking in some kind of slang most of which I could not understand. I called for them to face me, shone my very bright light on them and it appeared they were drunker than I thought. One of them came toward me, I ordered him to stop and to stand where he was as I
was about to signal for help. The man held his hands over his head and said
"we surrender-don't shoot!" I didn't have a gun, just a stun gun and was pointing the light in his face when he said, "I'm Elvis Presley and we lost the key
to our rooms." No one had told me EP was there, I'd just come on duty when
the call came in so I was taken by surprise...and some doubt. I said, if that is
true why didn't you stop and get new ones? He said, "Can I put my hands down?" I said yes, stay where you are. He said, "Don't shoot me!" I asked
do you have a gun? He said " Mam, you can search me, I don't have any deadly weapons on me, really!" And then he laughed and I knew immediately it WAS Elvis!
I had a new set of keys sent up, I wanted to stay and chat with Elvis who introduced me to the 3 other men, his friends and traveling companions. He was very charming, unbelievably handsome and quite wrong when he said he didn't have any "deadly weapons" on him! Those eyes, that smile and the love and warmth coming off of him were very, very lethal!
Elana Mitchel, Kansas City, Missouri

Oh, I missed that one last year! I'm happy I've found it now.

It seems one never gets tired of finding more and more tales on how LOVE influences others, when someone keeps permanently centered in IT, like Elvis did. Even when each one explains it with different words, the conclusion is clear and bright: THERE'S NO POWER LIKE LOVE!
:love: :hello:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, it never fails when there is need...love always offers a hand, one way or
another... They say (experts in their fields) that evil people can't "love" but I
don't agree as some of the most evil have been very loving with their families
and some friends, but couldn't control their evil among those unknown to them
personally. Kindness and love can turn around many human responses, and always seems to work well with animals, those never abused and those who were abused...they respond once they knew and "feel" they are loved.
I enjoy any story about how Elvis used love to help, defend and inspire other
human beings...he was so good at it. Often quietly and even hidden purposely,
he would "strike and run" as his daddy said about his son being "sneaky" with
his generosity to others. He was also a good listener; he used that "against me" a few times and got clues he wanted about what to get me as a present...like
the birthstone ring which he ended up having a jeweler make..."jus'" for me
because it had to be special and say everything since I wouldn't "let" him buy
me anything and he "lived in fear" that I'd return it. Yeah, right HE lived in
fear...what a laugh! He just liked to surprise people with "objects of their
desires" as he put it. I miss the "weird" expressions he would come out with
at times. I mean, who would say "objects of their desires"??? in simple
conversations ?
Well, have a great NEW YEAR! This is a "Year of Change" I was told by an
lady who grew up in China... we can she said, "Become whom we were
intended to be" easier in this year. Well, who would I want to be...that could take at least a year to figure out!
Love to all,
wanda june

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:04 pm 
Sun Dial

:hello: Yes it seems like all Elvis had to do is give a Hand or a smile, to some one and they knew there was Love. I Hope every ones New Year is One of Good Change to. :hug:

Without you I am nothing an could never be so bold. The times we've shared, the laughter and the tears. Priceless memories, treasures all. How could I ever fail? With you I don't fear that at all. Elvis Presley!

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2