It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Spreading the notice of Wanda's book being born.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:16 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Maia,

Wanda's book is already here. Remember that you talked about putting our ciber brains together, to figure out a sort of campaign to help to spread the notice around?

Since this web is not to promote anything commercial kind, what do you suggest? Maybe we could do it (a plan, I mean) through pm or email.

I'll try to put some ideas together about what could be done. Perhaps, some other friends from the Forum could do the same and we could select what we'd find more useful.

Any commentary from you would be highly appreciated.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:37 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Well, I have a thought, but it's really in Wanda's ball court to see if it is possbile.
I was wondering if maybe the mess Amazon created could be turned around for good. You know it isn't just a matter of them updating the page, but a separate listing should have been set up, and also there are "used" old books being sold on the marketplace page connected to her new book. So what a mess . .............

What if Amazon were to offer Wanda some free publicity in exchange for their lousy set-up job? What if even for one day, her book was listed on the Amazon home page!!!!! It's up to you Wanda, if you would feel comfortable in requesting that. I'm not in your shoes, but thought I'd mention the idea and see if there was any merit to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:41 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Laurie, I didn't know Amazon had a "home page"!
I will make an inquiry when I confirm the order tomorrow-to make sure it is correct and done! No more trust- :evil: :shock: :roll: wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:23 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Sue! :P

Any suggestion coming from you will be welcomed and from anyone else too. :idea: :idea:

Last night I was thinking some possible movements. As soon as I have time, I'll write them down. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, we need to form a "plan." I think we should take that "plan" OFF the open Forums though. By that I mean the nuts and bolts. We can certainly enourage forum readers to buy the book and spread the word!

We could have a closed forum though...anyone wishing to read or post on it would have to have a special sign-up and approval of the moderator to register for it. I'm not trying to make anything exclusive, but I do realize that there could be "unfriendly eyes" more focused on ELC now.

LET ME GET BACK TO YOU ALL ON THIS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:41 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

OK Maia. Meanwhile, let's keep thinking. Image

Post subject: what to do
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:38 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, having been "down this road before" I am going to make up some nice, professional looking brochures about the book, with a few excerpts from it and the Interview where he can "sell himself" and will print them up so they fold neatly into long envelopes. I'll put the cover of the book on the front, the blurbs inside with a picture of Elvis (the one I like of course) and the back will look like the back of the book. I think it will come out nicely and I'll just a good quality paper so it will be nice also. And send these out to fan clubs via e-mail or otherwise as well. And I am going to do a news release article for the newspapers that we did across the country before and local ones as I am a again-a local author who's published -they will run it plus we've had lots of press for Starla and her band a few years ago and then for our white stallion too, so we are "known" at the newspaper here which is the larges circulation and goes to the Nevada border to the east and all the way to San Francisco to the north. Good coverage. Anyway that's what I'm going to work on-

Postage for overseas, England,Belguim and other areas is about 8.00 and is 4 to 6 day service. That's not bad.
So that is what it will cost me to send them-any one who would like to pay shipping costs can send me a P.O. Money Order and that will be it for the complimentary books. The others can order the book via me for autographs and they will be numbered too, and send a P.O. for the book and shipping-in the us it will be about the same only I have only the 2 day amts for shipping it and that was 12.00- for next day service. 3 days is a bit less. I can't wait for someone to read it-! Maia will have the first book in a couple of days-I sent her my complimentary copy so she could read it- she has been waiting a lot longer than anyone and it will make her feel better -something fun and good to do while she rests from working the computer as she is sitting her her chair. I am anxious to hear her thoughts on his Interview-etc:. This is the last post regarding the book sales...as this forum is not to sell my book-just to suggest people might like to read it. Anyone wishing to contact me can do so thru pm's or e mails and take care of details that way. So many eyes are going to be turning here-we want to keep this a spiritually affective site and bring goodness to their hearts as always. wjh

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:06 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

It sounds great, Wanda!

I'm so excited that it'll be difficult to get some sleep tonight! (Here in Spain is 9.45 p.m.) This a moment of great joy for all of us, that have you and Elvis so close in our heart. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

I think the fact that he was really so NORMAL in many ways comes through...and available to his friends when the "filters" of others were not put up. when they WERE in place, it was a different story! But when "they" didn't know about it, Elvis was always there for his friends!

Last edited by maia on Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]