All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Coco Palms
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:49 pm 
Site Admin

From ELC Forums member, Andrew Tonkin:

Quote:
Notes I found on the Coco Palms:

Coco Palms on Kauai, opened in 1953 and was the world's most famous Polynesian resort until hurricane Iniki struck the island on September 11, 1992 and damaged Coco Palms. After over a decade, the silly insurance issues are not resolved, so the resort remains officially closed with no announced plans to reopen. If the property owners fail to take some positive action soon, the State of Hawaii is investigating plans to buy the property. However, a private investor is seeking to acquire and re-open the property.

As you mentioned, Coco Palms was indeed the location of the famous outrigger canoe wedding scene in Elvis Presley's "Blue Hawaii," released in 1961. Weddings do still take place on the lagoon amid the over 2,000 coconut palm trees.

Brief, informal tours are still conducted by the understanding and old-timer security guard on the property. Groups still make pilgrimages to Coco Palms to have their photos taken in front of the little grass shack where Elvis stood.

Rumors have it that echoes of Elvis can be heard blowing through the palm tree leaves every Blue Moon. The next Blue Moon is June, 2007.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:00 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Lovely picture, Maia!!
Do you know what "Blue Moon" is? Sounds familiar (Elvis' song! :wink: ), but didn't know that such a thing is real :oops: :oops: ....

Another question came to my mind, Maia, as I read "Coco Palm". Do you know about the famous Palm-Leaf-Libraries in India?? There as some such places in India, where the lives ( past present and future) of countless people are written down on old palm leaves. The "owner" of the libraries are able to find out any leaf on any person who comes and wants his life-reading (or Akasha-Chronic-Reading)! It is a very amazing phenomenon! (Wonder what is written in Elvis' Palm-Leaf... :roll: )
There are some books about this subject

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:23 pm 
YES CHRISTINE ELVIS DID SING A SONG CALLED BLUE MOON OF KENTUCKY. FAIRYTALE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

Christine, I SHOULD know about the blue moon as Simeon as told me several times, but I keep forgetting! :roll:

I googled it and here it is:

http://www.astrologycom.com/bluemoon.html

Interesting about the palms. The guru who established the Monastery here (close to where I live) would go to the Coco Palms in the 1970's to receive his akashic information! he would sit there in the resturant and his scribe would write it down as the guru saw it in flame letters before his eyes. But he had to go to the Coco Palms land to get it - he said there was a special vortex there. The book turned out to be what he named "The Scrolls of Lemuria." You can buy it through the monastery.

For more on the guru (died in 2002) and the Kaua'i monastery on my Pihanakalani website:

http://www.pihanakalani.spiritmythos.org/gkauai/iraivan.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:27 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Something new to learn every day. Thank you.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:43 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you for the link, Maia!

Rumors have it that echoes of Elvis can be heard blowing through the palm tree leaves every Blue Moon. The next Blue Moon is June, 2007.

I have no problem to believe this statement! Elvis is still having fun at one of his favourite places ( Hawaii)...
:wink:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:00 am 
Site Admin

I did miss this the first time around so thank you for bringing it back again Sue and thanks to you also Maia for the very interesting information you posted about Coco Palms and for the interesting links too. :D Sarena I also completely agree with what you said here :wink: I can very easily believe it too! :D

Sarena wrote:

I have no problem to believe this statement! Elvis is still having fun at one of his favourite places ( Hawaii)...
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

Funny too that it was his favorite place to go in Hawaii and he had his honeymoon (belated a bit due to a movie) but that's where he went with his pregnant bride-and had a honeymoon. She thought just him and her-but of course, Elvis couldn't say no and took friends as usual. (Part of that "salary" they "couldn't live on" etc:)
And Elvis and Pris got a cabin at the end so they could be alone-most likely she chose it-I sure would have! And double locked the doors! I would have had a leash on him too-but then he always said he wasn't the kind of "dog you'd keep on a chain-might turn mean and bite people". He'd always laugh about that "might etc"...but it's true-he would have! He wanted a "chain" but it had to be a very long one! He was also the one who said he wouuld wear his wedding ring-and he even wore it on stage in VEgas-only took it off for the movies he had to finish> He wore it at home, wore it when they went out in the car and when they went to Big Bear he wore it and also when he went up to ski one year-people who saw him there said he had on a wedding ring and was with his wife though he looked like a "burglar" in that ski mask. One woman who saw him said his eyes were dead give aways-no one had eyes like Elvis! So true. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:47 am 
Site Admin

Wanda June Hill wrote:
One woman who saw him said his eyes were dead give aways-no one had eyes like Elvis! So true. wjh

So very very true Wanda! :D Those beautiful blue eyes were literally the doorway and windows to his loving heart and soul! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:14 am 
Site Admin

Yes I agree with you Sue-Lenora. :D It does show those beautiful long lashes of his very well. :wink: :D You're very welcome for the picture and I'm glad you liked it! :D I could look into those gorgeous eyes of his ALL day but methinks if I did I just might be hypnotized! :wink: :P :D

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next