It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Stranger in the Crowd
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:53 pm 
Site Admin

From a letter sent to me many years ago:

Quote:
It reminds me of a story told by a Florida fan: she and her friends (mid-70's) were trying to crash Elvis' suite at a hotel when he was on the road. They finally made it up to the floor where they knew he was, carefully opened a hall door expecting to see the Wests or other guards, and found Elvis. Sitting alone in the hallway, reading a book. Inside the suite came sounds of loud music, laughter...they (the guys) were partying, Elvis was outside in the hall trying to enjoy some solititude. The fan said he was surprized by them but was very gracious...spoke to them as friends, autographed everything in sight for them, and when they said goodbye he gave them hugs, and then sat down to resume reading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:50 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Sue!

If I stop to imagine the situation, what I see is a human being suffering the invasion of others that had not respect for him: his suposed "friends", his "fans" and many others. He was used and abused and he responded with sweetness and love. But, what was Elvis' heart crying out in silence? :(

His was a difficult life, really. It seems natural to me that he picked up normal people to whom relate for a while, that were not in that game. He tried to be just one of them, but it had to be hard to carry on for long. :roll:

The fact that Wanda was his friend for so many years, speaks a lot of her.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:33 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
to take care and have compassion and caring for all our families and friends as we are doing, maybe that's what he would have us do?

I'm sure you are right, Sue! :P

There is a side on this that I would like to comment, anyway. If we try to understand someone as exposed as Elvis, his facts and feelings, without stopping and merging ourselves in those feelings, we might be able to better understand what a human being is, in order to know ourselves and those around us. Or whoever.

As Maia told us, Elvis appeared in this reality in a lesser condition, to be closer to us than if he came here in his full potentiality. Looking at him without judgement, only trying to find out the Truth in all its levels, is a great opportunity to learn, I believe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:37 pm 
EVEN THOUGH ELVIS MIGHT OF HAD FAME, AND FORTUNE. HE ALWAYS TRIED TO BE A DOWN TO EARTH PERSON, AND IF THESE PEOPLE THAT CONTINUE TO TRY AND HAVE ELVIS TO BE SOMETHING ELSE THEN THEY HAVE NOT DONE IT AT LEAST IN MY EYES. I HAVE TO SAY WOULDN'T IT HAD BEEN A WONDERFUL SITE TO HAVE CAME UP ON ELVIS SITTING IN THAT HALL WAY? :wink: FAIRYTALE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:02 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:P

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]