It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: from new ELC member - Joy
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:51 pm 
Site Admin

NEEDLESS TO SAY, I ACTIVATED THIS MEMBER! :)

Quote:
Yes, i am seeking communion with liked minded folks on ELC. About five years ago a friend sent me a copy of the "Impersonal Life." I already had a copy of the book and had read it many times over the decade, but this particular copy was published through EPE, and had Elvis' picture on the outside with a note from Jess Stearn about Elvis search for God, so i began searching websites for more information andlast summerI came across Wanda June Hill's ELC.

I couldn't stop reading ELC and was fascinated to learn of his spiritual life,as i also had read many of the same books: "Life and Teachings of the Master of the Far East" and "Autobiography of a Yogi"to name a few.

In understanding Elvis the archetype personality, I believe Elvis represents the many facets of the egoic-personality in all of us (as you have pointed out)..... his trials and tribulations are a magnified mirror ofour own sufferings.... the wealth, fameand powerthat Elvis theKing enjoyed (something that most only dream about) as well as the disillusionment with it all....and hisdesire to realize the true nature of mindthat exists within all of us.

Here present is the longing of the Mother and Child Luminosities within all of us.

Here's what i mean. In "The Tibetan Book of the Dead":

The Buddhist teach, the fundamental, inherent nature of everything is called the "Ground Luminosity" or "Mother Luminosity" that pervades our whole experience, and is the inherent nature of the thoughts and emotions that arise in our minds. The true nature of mind, called the
state of Rigpa, isthe key that opens the door to total knowledge, called the "Path Luminosity" or "Child Luminosity." This opening of the door in Dzogchen practice is called the "Meeting of the Ground and Path Luminosities" or "Meeting of Mother and Child Luminosities."

Remember Paul Simon's lyrics and hit record in the '60s: "Mother and Child Reunion... is only a motion away!" He had tapped into/channeled universal knowledge when he wrote those lyrics.

As we know, Elvis joined the Self-Realization Fellowship which teaches how to go within through meditation.And I believe that Elvis, in his final years, came to understand that this is what his calling was about, and wanted his life to reflect this. He knew that he touched people, and he was going to take it all the way......baby!

And this Mother and Child connection will be clear, andthis merging of these two luminosities and self-liberation of thoughts and emotions is meditation at its deepest level.

Elvis'death was NOT a tragedy. Remember the bible quote: "Except a seed fall onto the ground it abideth alone... but IF it die (buried) it bringeth forth much fruit." Elvis' planted the seeds during
his life.... and his deathis bringing forth much fruit.

Maia, I can certainly understand your need for caution on whom you let register with ELC, so I hope that this answers any questions and/or concerns you may have about my sincerity and desire to understand the spiritual life of Elvis.

Last edited by maia on Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:40 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Here is a new friend that has a clear understanding of Elvis and is able to present it in such a open Manifesto. 8) :wink: :P

BE WELCOME TCS4!

Wish to share with you this journey through Elvis spirituality -and our own- and to have the opportunity to come to know each other much better.

From the sunny Spain: Image

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to our family TCS4! :D You do indeed have a very clear and enlightened understanding of Elvis and I, too, look forward to sharing this wondrous spiritual journey with you!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:13 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Welcome in our CIRCLE, TCS4 !!!!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:26 am 
Tiger

HELLO ALL,

GOSH AND WHOW.... THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR WELCOMING ME INTO YOUR SPIRITUAL FORUM. REALLY FEELING THE LOVE HERE AND IT FEELS GREAT! :lol:

I LOOK FORWARD VERY MUCH TO LEARNING AND SHARING WITH YOU ALL ON THE LIFE OF THE KING.

NAMASTE,
TAMERA (TCS4)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:30 am 
Site Admin

WELCOME TO THE NEWEST MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY :D :D !!!

Hope you enjoy your time here as much as I do Joy!! :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:33 pm 
Site Admin

Yes Welcome Joy! Now that my posts are "sticking" most of the time-I will say this as I don't know if I did before and can't find anything. You have a clear eye and vision of what Elvis was about-and having read some of the same books, you explain that very well. I haven't read many of those-Impersonal Life I did read, a parts and bits of others that he passed on to me, but most of them were more deep than I was ready for at the time I guess. My sis in law though, sailed through them all so she could discuss with him pretty well. Me, I just listened. Now I enjoy reading the wise comments and informatioin from others who are more advanced in such things than I-it's enlightening and inspirational to me. Thank you much! wjh

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]