It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fundmental View
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

The following e-mail was sent to me. Susan MacDougall received one as well. It is from someone with the e-mail address that includes the words "blackwoodynasty," so it can be assumed they are NOT related to the actual "Blackwood Brothers." The only reason I am posting it here, is that I know there are many out there with with a similar mind-set concerning Elvis. I also quote an excerpt from Susan MacDougall's excellent review of Larry Geller's new book, "LEAVES OF ELVIS' GARDEN."

Frist, "Blackwoody's" e-mail:

Quote:
Too Whom This May Arrive at;
Elvis Presley was many things to many people. Elvis was born, raised, and died as a Pentecostal. My family grew up with the Presley family as you can research on your computer or by watching any of his Documentaries. The most resent is '' He Touched Me '' The Gospel Music of Elvis Presley. He was not in to Buddhism, Islam, Judaism, or any other religion noted on your web-site.

As for Dr.Finkle, I never heard of him. He may or may not have done some privet investigation on his part. The only thing that I did notice that was of some truth, Vernon Elvis Presley did ask for a privet autopsy for the family only.

NO ONE ELSE HAS SEEN IT OR HAS A COPY OF IT. There are some fraudulent copy's out there, but the average intelligent person knows that privet copies OR privet. The Blackwoods

Now, from Susan's review of Larry Geller's "LEAVES OF ELVIS' GARDEN":

Quote:
Elvis believed that there is one God who is within us all. Elvis had an open and questioning mind and a thirst for knowledge; he explored all sorts of ideas - reincarnation, theosophy, metaphysics, mysticism, gnosticism and numerology, but generally shied away from astrology, psychics and fortune-telling. He attended the Self-Realization Fellowship outside Los Angeles, which is an interfaith organisation covering both Hindu and Christian teachings. He raised questions and expressed doubts, accepting nothing at face value. Geller states that Elvis was too sharp to be taken in by charlatans of any persuasion.

At the same time, Elvis never rejected his religion, only its rigid adherents and their intolerance of any deviation from the accepted word, remaining a Christian his whole life, but not a Christian to the exclusion of anything else. He believed in the unity in all religions and saw no conflict between Hinduism and Christianity. This is very much a Hindu viewpoint too. Maybe the influence of Hinduism on Elvis has been understated, although his interest in Buddhism has been noted elsewhere.

for Susan's full review:
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/bookreview_geller2007.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, thanks Maia for posting about Susan's review of Larry's book. She always does a throroughly good job and makes it interesting and people want to read it.

As for the other letter-strange-but understandable I guess. Lots of people think that one can't even look at other religious etc; without getting involved and messing with one's other "faith based" religion. Elvis was curious, he liked reading other things and yet, he still held to the Bible as his guide and his faith and deepest belief was in the living God-one God with many views and viewpoints as varied as there are people around the world. It took him back to his roots-where he stayed though he still wanted to know other viewpoints and discussed them, compared them and felt secure with his own understanding of them all. He said, "Read the Bible but ask for understanding first- The power that gave men the enlightenment they needed to put words down as they did in a book called The Bible and God's word, will give each one of us who come with an open heart and faith to believe, the abillity to understand what we need, when we need to know it." I have that written down, that's what he said. He was referring to at that time Mormon religious views and had one of their books, I think given to him by someone Ed Parker knew or Ed himself. Don't know now...didn't write that down.
wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:26 pm 
Site Admin

Wanda June Hill wrote:
Hi, thanks Maia for posting about Susan's review of Larry's book. She always does a throroughly good job and makes it interesting and people want to read it.

As for the other letter-strange-but understandable I guess. Lots of people think that one can't even look at other religious etc; without getting involved and messing with one's other "faith based" religion. Elvis was curious, he liked reading other things and yet, he still held to the Bible as his guide and his faith and deepest belief was in the living God-one God with many views and viewpoints as varied as there are people around the world. It took him back to his roots-where he stayed though he still wanted to know other viewpoints and discussed them, compared them and felt secure with his own understanding of them all. He said, "Read the Bible but ask for understanding first- The power that gave men the enlightenment they needed to put words down as they did in a book called The Bible and God's word, will give each one of us who come with an open heart and faith to believe, the abillity to understand what we need, when we need to know it." I have that written down, that's what he said. He was referring to at that time Mormon religious views and had one of their books, I think given to him by someone Ed Parker knew or Ed himself. Don't know now...didn't write that down.
wjh

My thanks to you also dear Maia for posting this great review of Larry's book. :D Makes me all the more excited in getting mine! :D As for that e-mail--not quite sure what to make of it myself, although I believe that Wanda hit the nail on the head with what she said here: "Lots of people think that one can't even look at other religious etc; without getting involved and messing with one's other "faith based" religion. " It's so sad and unfortunate that more people can't or won't follow Elvis' example of being open minded and open-HEARTED when it comes to exploring or studying about different aspects of different faiths or religions without worrying about it overtaking their own "faith based" religion as you said dear Wanda. Think of how much better this world could be if more people let God lead their HEARTS AND MINDS instead of ignorance or stubborn-ness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:23 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda quotes elvis:

Quote:
He said, "Read the Bible but ask for understanding first- The power that gave men the enlightenment they needed to put words down as they did in a book called The Bible and God's word, will give each one of us who come with an open heart and faith to believe, the abillity to understand what we need, when we need to know it."

What a statement!!!! Elvis points out that without UNDERSTANDING and intuition reading the Bible or other Holy Books will not reveal its true meaning and value! So true! That's why there are so many different interpretations according to the reader's state of consciousness.

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:09 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sarena wrote:
Wanda quotes elvis:

Quote:
He said, "Read the Bible but ask for understanding first- The power that gave men the enlightenment they needed to put words down as they did in a book called The Bible and God's word, will give each one of us who come with an open heart and faith to believe, the abillity to understand what we need, when we need to know it."

What a statement!!!! Elvis points out that without UNDERSTANDING and intuition reading the Bible or other Holy Books will not reveal its true meaning and value! So true! That's why there are so many different interpretations according to the reader's state of consciousness.

I share all your comments, dear friends. I do believe all religions try to show the way Great Masters came to open for Humanity at a certain evolutive stage and/or moment in its history. I believe religions are not the end in itselves. The end is to be ONE with God, through an inner effort in certain conditions, discipline and persistency and lots of help.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:17 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

You are very welcome, my friend! :hello:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]