It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sweet, sweet Elvis
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:04 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hello Elvis.

I want you to know that you have helped me to feel calm about our grandson being 6 days late in being born, and that listening to you sing certain songs like 'How Great Thou Art' and 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' helped to make me feel closer to the One above and most certainly to you.

Once not so long ago there was a man who could sing like the angels who sing in heaven and he loved us and we loved him,
He was born on a cold day in 1935 and his parents were poor and so his mama could not afford to buy any pretty bangles ,
To wear on her wrist or even money enough to buy any warm sweaters to keep her warmer on that cold, cold day.
I feel happy that this baby became a boy, then a teen and then an adult and that he shared the beautiful gift from the One above with all of us on earth; and the words of the songs he sang had no faults,
The chances were not good back then of surviving as this only son
But he did live, he did grow, he did sing songs without any halts
for the fans or for him, and I feel blessed to have been alive
during the time that this man sang his songs; and the world was better when he was here, but my heart knows he is with the One above and that someday I will be fortunate to have my name in the book of life and hear that voice, that voice---so wonderful and straight from his heart up in heaven
Sweet, so very sweet, Elvis.

Thank you so very much Elvis. You will never leave my heart,
Marjorie

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:50 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you Marjorie this is so very beautiful and touching I feel the same way!! :D :D

Talia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:03 am 
Marjorie you know it seems, we can't never say enough of We Love Your Voice, Your Smile, Your Songs, and even though I never had the Chance to Touch your Hand I still Feel Your Touch on My heart. I know I well Never,Ever get Tired of saying these words, as I know all of us here well Never. Thank You Marjorie! FairyTale!

Post subject: sometimes it feels
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:17 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I never met Elvis and our son was too little the only time Elvis was close enough for me to go to see him. But. I feel like I know him. I feel his spirit, his goodness, his forgiving heart and his special way of talking simply with that 'Elvis' smile.
It is like I knew him like I know my son or my brother. Maybe we connected in another time and place and a part of me can never ever forget that experience.
He draws me closer to the One above each hour of each day. I believe now and I always will believe that Elvis was sent here during the time that he was for a reason, and I feel most blessed that he was here during my time here.
It is so difficult to try to explain to people who who were not touched by him in some way how I feel so very close to him, and that he is helping me day by day to walk the spiritual path and my heart believes he will be there to welcome me when it is time for me to go.
Precious. Sweet. Endless love. Funny. Brilliance. Joy. All of these words and more are in my mind when I see his pictures, when I hear him singing or when I feel his spirit so very close to me.
Love was Elvis and love is Elvis.
Marjorie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:51 pm 
Elvis's Middle Name should of had been LOVE, his Mothers was. So his should have been to, because that is what he is to me! Thanks Marjorie! FairyTale!

Post subject: I agree
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:04 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

What a beautiful thought!!! Elvis Love Presley. That is exceptional and it captures the real feelings that Elvis epxressed verbally, when he acted, when he sang or showed his slow and easy smile making a person feel good, and when he was just sitting or standing with a photo snapped the heart smile was there. Elvis was always around to give a person a hand up instead of a hand out. He knew that when a person needed help he was to try to help to his fullest ability.
I will never forget that I read that he cried when a single person tried to pay his generous gift back. Elvis would not accept it, of course, but he was very touched by the gesture of the one single person.
How I wish I had been in his actual presence even if only for just a little while. He had a way of smiling or standing that evoked love when he sang certain songs.
This world would be a much better place if he were still here.
I lnow he is with his first father and safe from any pain, but I also wish that he had not died believing that losing his family was all his fault.
I know he is here now because I can feel him reading over my shoulder.
Love to all,
Marjorie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:46 am 
My Words to Marjorie, is WHY O WHY! did he have to go so soon. There are times when I watch him in certain things that make me stop and have to remember, that maybe if I would go to the Front gates ELVIS MIGHT JUST BE HOME and be at the Gate Chatting with People. But no he isn't at his Earthly Home anymore, but he is at Home on the other side waiting to Welcome me. :cry: FairyTale!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]