It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: When he first appeared....and on
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:13 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

It is said that on the icy January day he took his first breath, that a blue light cast itself quickly about the outside of the cold and shabby cabin/house of his birth, this special light was seen by his nervous father but it was not discussed with but a few; not at the time it was seen in 1935.
It was years after this man's short but amazing career, that another singer, Bono, wrote: "He ate a piece of America............" and I know that part is really, really true. Elvis took some joy but always, always gave much more back than he could have taken. That is what helps my heart to feel more at peace even as it mourns about a different and a sultry day in August when this baby, who had become a man and a father and so very much more....just died....and then again on the day the world stopped still, one more time, to watch as his physical remains were sealed away.
I often wonder if on the night of the day of his death how many may have seen a soft blue light streaking...moving upward in the darkened sky...it would have lighted the way, the path back home for Elvis. I wonder, too, if on the night of the day the stream of white cars carried him to that almost final earthly place...if they had looked at a sky dark but for the light from millions and millions of stars... did the eyes watching see a light so blue streak back downward once again???

always with love,
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:28 pm 
73mile, it would have so very Special if someone did see that Blue Light again. If someone had seen the Blue Light, I wonder if they ever Knew why they had seen it? Its not a well known fact to most people if your not a Fan, that Knew of this Blue Light at Elvis' Birth. Its would be really something to know, this would be a wonderful Story to tell. :love:

Post subject: wondered often
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:58 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

The blue light and the stars seem to be the correct context in which to view some aspects of Elvis' birth and his death. I would be surprised if anyone but someone who knew the story and what Vernon had to say about the day that he or she would have a clue as to a streak of blue among the stars in the darkened sky.
This does not feel like a sad day even though I used the word 'mourning' because it is as though he is standing right here for all who love him to feel. He will always be alive in my heart and I have no doubt that will ever change.....until it is my time to go home........
73smile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:43 pm 
Site Admin

I just found out that some people we used to do our "Elvis things" with in Orange Co. are in Memphis and will be back in about a week. I will try to find out how it went and if they had any unusual experiences- right after they opened up Graceland, they were there for Aug. 14th and it was dark out except for the area of course- they were going back down the driveway and their oldest daughter who was in her early 20's said look at that- at the garden- see that light! They looked, and all of them say there was a single shaft of silver light from the dark of night streaming down onto his gravesite... now this was BEFORE they had the eternal light installed and before there were so very many people coming though there was always a crowd on that day- they went back the 16th and looked again, but didn't see it. They felt like it was from him, saying I know you came, I'm alright. Maybe so, have heard that others have had strange feelings, experiences and felt he was saying hello...wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:15 am 
Site Admin

FairyTale wrote:
73mile, it would have so very Special if someone did see that Blue Light again. If someone had seen the Blue Light, I wonder if they ever Knew why they had seen it? Its not a well known fact to most people if your not a Fan, that Knew of this Blue Light at Elvis' Birth. Its would be really something to know, this would be a wonderful Story to tell. :love:

It would indeed be most wonderful dear FairyTale!!! :wink: :D :D :love: Also what an amazing experience your friends had seeing that silver light streaming down onto his gravesite sweet Wanda!! :D I most definitely think it was dear Elvis' way of saying hi and letting them know he was ok!! :D :D Thank you so much for sharing this with us! :wink: :D

Post subject: Shining
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:03 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

There is no doubt that Elvis shined when here on earth and I believe that he shines brightly where he is now. That would have been a most heart warming experience, Wanda, to see that light.
Does anyone know when Elvis had the blue lights installed that go up and down the drive to and out of Graceland or were they added after 1977?
73smile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:45 pm 
I think that it would be a very Good Book to do, if someone would find out the experiences people have had when they were at GraceLand. I have no Doubt that if you open your Mind and Heart to Elvis there, he well let you know he is there to.

Post subject: a great idea
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:43 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

FairyTale: That is a great idea. Why don't you begin the book just with the experiences that ELC family has had/do have in regard to this topic and then take it further. Maybe the ELC family could put such a book together.............I know I would be interested to read more about what Wanda finds out....there have been so many things and all over the world that it would make a fine, fine topic for you to begin!! :) :)
73smile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:25 pm 
:D 73mile and RainBowLight I would Love to do this, and yes I well see what everyone thinks on EBAS about doing this to. But I'm just wondering how to do this, should I do this on the Boards or what? I'm in need of some input here! :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:23 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds like a good idea to me dear Sue, and may I say again what an absolutely beautiful vision that was!! :wink: :D :D

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next