It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: As The Wind Blows
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:34 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

The wind blows fast and very cold in Michigan today with temperatures in the 50s or lower. As each golden, burnished orange/red or yellow leaf falls, whether one at a time or many together in a wind so fast, I think of Elvis and find comfort as the days grow short, because his spirit is near, no matter that he no longer is in a physical form, because he is still the GROWER of a love so strong, so pure to be priceless and precious, that no one, and especially Elvis, need to have worry of any sort that the leaves will 'forget' to be back again come another year.

Each year the trees bud come spring, and each year the trees shed the summer
leaves as fall mostly lingers or even when a summer blends right into winter and seeing the buds and then watching the leaves fall to earth, awaiting their glistening winter coats, I think of Elvis and how so beautiful each thing is where he lives now.

Elvis' love is endless, joyful, generous, happy and without any kind of fear
Fall in Michigan has many kinds of wind to shed the trees of leaves of colors,
Which prepares the oaks and the maples and many more, for new coats so soft and of a white so soothing that the joy is clear; this coat keeps them warm and beautiful to the eye to see, while also providing shelter to birds and animals whether either far or very near. Peace and hope and faith must combine so the amazing colors do shine as Elvis looks with those beautiful blue eyes that always filled with love from his heart so good and so very, very big.

I know the One above is the guiding force and that the beauty of each season
Is one of countless things that must be altered and changed to create a newly 'born' reason, for all to reach out to another and another and a loving desire to keep paying it forward, so that even though some will not reach out, HE still touches more than just a few. HE helped Elvis during the time he was meant to walk this earth and Elvis helped HIM by drawing millions closer and closer to loving HIM.

I thank the One above each night for the wonders he bestows upon us here on Earth, and helps us to know that we have HIM and HIS love to aim toward,
Many things call on HIS attention and love, that has no conditions to cause fear or worry; and always with a light shining so simply and bright is how others are attracted to him; just as the earth needs the warming sun, we, its people, are also enjoy better spiritually for knowing HIM whether through another or with able help from dearest, loving Elvis.

always with love,

73smile

Last edited by 73smile on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject: Re: As The Wind Blows
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:52 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you for sharing this with us today, dear Marjorie! Your words are so very beautifully expressed and so very true too! :D :D :hello: :hug:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:50 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes Marjorie you sure put some Beautiful Thoughts on here to Touch us! :love:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:58 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes Marjorie very beautiful and touching words so very true!! :love: :hug: :D
Thank you for posting!! :love: :hello: :hug:

Talia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:00 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:D :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:15 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I love the blue rose avatar!!
I wonder if, in Elvis' memory if we all donated $5.00 and picked a city we might be able to provide a Christmas for a Family in America this year??
We will certainly donate that amount or more and if one person----maybe Maryinthemorning??? could tell us all where to send the check and maybe Chicago could be the city this year???
What are ELC member thoughts on this??
73smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:25 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hey, that's a super idea! I love it and think this could be done! Though Mari is not on the board just at the moment! I will try and get in contact with her to ask ok? That's a lovely suggestion, thanks for letting us all in on it! :D :D

Meanwhile, so glad you like the rose/heart avatar! Thank you! :) :P :hug:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:10 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Is there someone else who could handle the money part and choose a family to provide Christmas for?????????????????

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:21 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Apologising for the late reply to this as was hoping to have heard from Mari by now, guessing she has been very busy with having moved recently and settling in etc. Being located in England, it would be a difficult situation for me to handle the money side of this as wouldn't be able to transfer from dollars-cash and back to dollars again as if I write one check from this side of the pond it will not be recognised by an American charity.

Rose-Lyn, would you be prepared to handle this side of things for us? I can mail you cash dollars to send on if you wish? Alternatively, the suggestion would be to go to a charity website such as the one below listed and all of us agree to donate a set amount?:

http://www.christmascharitiesyearround. ... tions.html

further ideas/suggestions please? :idea:

with love, Sue

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]