It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: ELVIS´ GOSPEL SERVICE
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:10 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sweet Aloha you all :D

I wanted to tell you that me and my family go to the:
Elvis Gospel Service in Paradiso, Amsterdam... on Sunday September 24, 2006, 4 p.m. :D :D

Below is part of a press release from Reverend Fred Omvlee:

"Nearly thirty years after his death the gospels as sung by Elvis still inspire and move people throughout the world.

Reason enough for Reverend Fred Omvlee, an Elvis fan himself, to give these gospels the place they deserve: in a service accompanied by readings, a sermon and prayers. After several Elvis Gospel Services throughout Holland there will be one on Sunday September 24th in Paradiso.

This former church and nowadays pop-temple is the place to built a bridge between pop music and religion.

Accompanied by the Couleur Locale choir under direction of Anton Poot you will hear Elvis sing, among others, Where could I go but to the Lord?, Precious Lord, take my hand, Peace in the Valley and If I can Dream. Singer Sue Moreno will sing some Elvis Gospels with choir and solo.

Fred Omvlee, a chaplain in the Royal Netherlands Armed Forces, explains on the website www.elvisgospel.nl that a talented singer as Elvis, with all of his problems, is exemplary for the modern human being in search of God."

The Entrance is [b]free, doors open at 3.30 p.m. For reservations please mail to secretariaat@paradiso.nl

And I wanted to add, that I still have 2 tickets here, so if anyone wants to go.... PLEASE CONTACT ME a.s.a.p. when you don´t get tickets from Paradiso... :wink:

I will give a little report when I come back and share some pictures with you then.... :P 8)

It will be my first ELVIS GOSPEL SERVICE... :) I´m loving it already... IT will be FUN and a indeed a service full with LOVE :wink:

My Never Ending LOVE for ALL of YOU
Ka´rala

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebluebutterfly4u

"DREAMS COME TRUE in BLUE HAWAII"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:04 am 
Owl

Oh my gosh, that will be so wonderful! I would love to partake in an Elvis Gospel service. His gospel music is the only gospel I listen to. It really soothes the heart and soul. And this place is in Amsterdam? How cool is that!!!! That is my husband's dream vacation spot. From all we have seen, that is a spectacular place. Please let us know how it goes!! Have a fabulous time!!!!!!!!!!!! Toodles!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:30 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sweet Aloha Atlantis :D

Yes, it´s in Amsterdam, about 1,5 hour drive from my place...
I don´t know where you live ofcourse and respect it if you don´t say it.... but when you are "in my town" .... we will try to be there too and show you Amsterdam... not that I know that much about it, but FUN we will have for sure and maybe sing some elvis-gospel together :wink:

And are you loving ELC already???? :D :D

TOODLES Atlantis :P :wink: and have a great weekend full with LOVE & LOL.... Light and feel the postitive ENERGY I´m sending you... :P

My Never Ending LOVE for ALL of YOU
Ka´rala

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebluebutterfly4u

"DREAMS COME TRUE in BLUE HAWAII"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:38 pm 
Owl

Carola, you are such a light-filled spirit, it seems. I live in Nashville, TN (USA). But to come to Europe is actually my dream as well as my husband's. Amsterdam is the first place we want to go to. And when we do get to go, one day, it would be so great to meet you! Of course, there's no telling when it will be. Everytime we debate on a vacation spot, it's always me whining about the Caribbean. So that usually wins out b/c he wants to go as badly as I do. And since we live in the U.S. south, the Caribbean is cheap to go to. But we did agree that as soon as we got back from our trip to Negril in October, we would start saving for 10 days in Amsterdam and the closely surrounding cities. You are in Germany, is that right?

And I would love nothing more than to sing Elvis' gospel music with someone who really feels as strongly about Elvis as I do. What a blessing that would be.

Toodles :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:21 pm 
Owl

Carola...I went to your site and watched the video of your singing. It's beautiful! YOU'RE beautiful! I love it! And I know just as sure as I'm sitting here that Elvis was right there with all of you! He lived for that kind of thing. He would be so proud to share that. Well, I just think what you have done is so cool. And you are soooooooooo lucky to have a husband who truly understands. Mine does to an extent. His favorite musician is Bob Marley and not just for his music. He feels about Bob the same way I feel about Elvis. And I have deep love and respect for Bob, as well. He's right up there NEAR Elvis but not quite.... :-) I would love to have someone to sing Elvis' gospel with. And the song "Sweet Sweet Spirit" was played at my wedding. It was actually a version that Conway Twitty recorded. I'm a big Conway fan, too! You can find it on his boxed set. He originally recorded it back in the 80's (??) so it could be played at his son's wedding not far from me in Hendersonville, TN. There's a little bit of trivia for ya. And for those who didn't know, Conway said many, many times that there would be no Conway Twitty had there been no Elvis Presley. CT was a HUGE and life-long fan of EP's. I've read a quote of CT's once that Vernon told him one of Elvis' favorite songs was "It's Only Make Believe" (CT's first number one back in 1958, I think). EP had always wanted to record that song but never got around to it. I think he would have nailed it, I really do. Okay, I better git. Toodles!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:56 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Below is a video link to the Amsterdam Elvis Gospel Service which took place on Sept. 24, 2006. I believe this is the one Carola went to & mentions above.

http://www.fabchannel.com/elvisgospelkerkdienst

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:49 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you for the link, Laurie, it's BEAUTIFUL ! What a beautiful idea !!!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:19 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, LAURIE!

I just have seen it all and I'm still so touched for the whole meaning of the act!

I believe that the Reverend Fred Omvlee is a very inspired/connected person, warm, sincere, spontaneous and hearted. I just felt his positive intention so strongly that I cried. It was an ecumenical gathering, a real one. Carola will tell us more, but from the little Ducht I remember, the Rev. talked about the point in commun of all monoteist religions, relating it to Elvis' own beliefs and universality.

They gathered money, I understand, for a Coran School for Afganese children. But I'm not sure of getting the whole meaning of what he said.

I highly recommand to go to that website. You'll see by yourselves, how a positive intention, parting from a real need, connecting it to a positive source and using Elvis as a bridge, works. One can feel how the feeling of brotherhood grows between the audience there up to the end and how the one watching it from internet, (me in this case), is caught by the same feeling.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:17 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I'm glad you enjoyed it Christine & Amanda. I have dial up, so it would take way too long to download it, probably several hours & that's assuming my computer would stay connected for that long, which it wouldn't. So too bad, I can not see it. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

me neither, but I'm glad some of you got to see it. wjh :cry: :)

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next