It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: how we met
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:19 pm 
Site Admin

Someone on the Spirit Mythos Forums asked how Simeon and I met...I thought I would re-post it here. Not Elvis-related, but in a way it is, as quite a few of those boxes in the truck were filled with my Elvis collection!!

Quote:
Will you treat us with the story of how you first met?

I was living in Austin, Texas. My mother and life companion up until then, had died just 6 months before. I had seven dogs and two cats and I knew I would have to move from the house I was in as it was being sold. I would not be able to pay the huge deposits required for pets in Austin rentals (not paying there - long story).

So I needed to move to a rural area - somewhere - that WOULD accept the pets without a deposit. Really seemed impossible. I was living on what I made doing the Psychic Hotline -- had been doing this for about 2 years. I stressed to clients calling me on it that I was NOT a psychic (not entirely true, but not what I wished to do) and gave "spiritual counciling." Some of them hung up on me -- especially if I could not , WOULD NOT (regardless) tell them if their boyfriend was cheating on them! But I did get enough people to barely make it financially.

I had saved a little for a move, but not much. Then I heard from a friend about Crestone, Colorado. What a magical, beautiful and spiritual place it was. This friend put me in touch with several people who had just moved there. ONE OF THEM WAS SIMEON NARTOOMID. I talked to him over the phone several times...sent him some of my work (then Temple Doors issues). To make a much longer story short, he and some others arranged for me to move into a little A-Frame there - NO pet deposit!

I couldn't drive a big truck with all those pets and furniture and archives to Colorado - I had just learned to drive a few years ago and was still not very good at it. I was 45, but with my health problems, I only learned to drive as my mom's health went down.

Simeon kept having dreams about me at night - about us together. He came to Austin to drive the truck - build a cage inside it, so they coul pop their heads through the to cabin and be comofroted by me and cooled with the air conditioner. He had to take apart ALL the furniture to get it into the truck -- took out all my boxed clothes and crammed them between the cracks of the furniture pieces. See, I HAD to have a truck with air conditioning for the dogs and cats and so the largest they had with that, was too small for everything I needed to take, plus them! Simeon made it work though. THEN he had to build a fence around the little A-Frame for them!

AND THAT'S THE SHORT STORY! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:41 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Simeon sounds like a wonderful giving man, Maia. So something positive came into your life as a result of the tragedy of your mother dying. Of course, she's in a happy place now; yet you must have still missed her, but one door closed & another opened.

And I never knew you did the psychic hotline. That must have been a real kick. I can tell you have psychic abilities, but I've often wondered how many of those folks who man the lines do! Was there some kind of a test the company would give to determine if one was truly psychic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:45 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Was there some kind of a test the company would give to determine if one was truly psychic?

Yes, one of their"Master" psychic had a reading from me. she gave me a very high rating and I got in. Later I became a "Master" psychic - simply based on how many clients I got, not how psychic I was! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:15 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:lol: :lol:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]