It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 3 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: CRAZY IDEA!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, I have this crazy idea that just won't go away...but not sure how it would work, practically.

I have a video that I put together years ago. It is excerpts of Wanda and me (mostly Wanda) in 1991 talking at a metaphysical book store in San Antonio, Texas...and Grandma Suzie, too. Then there is some video-taped of Wanda and Suzie talking at a local fan club meeting on that same visit to San Antonio (where I lived then). Then I have some segments from the Ted Harrison BBC video, including Simeon talking a bit about Elvis (I think I cut myself OUT of it...can't stand to see me to video!) and I believe the little blurb of Elvis talking to Wanda. THEN it says on the tag "Maia and Simeon" - don't know what this is, but might be us discussing metaphysical things in our chapel in 1995 about. You don't have to watch that...it is right at the end.

The tape is sort of poor quality, as I copied the segments off the originals.

WHAT IF it were to circulate "round robin" style among the core group? By that, I mean those of you who post regularly on the ELC Forums...then coming back to me.

You would have to all sign up for it and put you addresses. Then the address sheet would be mailed along with the video and each person should keep the tape no longer than THREE DAYS and then send it to the next one on the list. So that it doesn't ping-pong back and forth all over the planet, the addresses would need to be listed from the U.S. West Coast on a path across the U.S. then to other countries in a progressive path around the world and back to me!

I can't organize such a thing. Someone would need to be sent the addresses and place them in the proper order, then e-mail me the sheet, which I would print off and enclose and send the video to the first person on the list and it would go from there.

The OTHER problem is that most European VCRs won't be able to play it! So unless you have access to one that will, or are willing to take it to a place to have it transfered to the Euro version, those persons would not be able to participate.

DOES ANYONE WHO DOES WANT TO AND CAN PARTICIPATE WANT TO TAKE ON THE RECEIVING OF ADDRESSES AND MAKING A PROGRESSIVE LIST OF THEM?

Also, who wishes to participate if we can pull this off?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:25 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Maia, I think your idea was a good one, but it sounds very difficult in practice :roll: ...anyway, I appreciate that you wanted to share with us those old "goodies" :D , thank you!!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, I agree Christine...probably not something easy enough to do! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:38 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I don't why but I missed your post, Maia.

I would love to see it! I see it may be difficult to mail the tape in a chain, with guaranty of not getting lost some place, in the middle of the world.

I don't know the technical part of it, but maybe it would be posible to have it on the ELC site, just for a day, some accorded time. We could be noticed by email about the "meeting" date. Carola did something of the kind in her website.

Is it a possibility? Image

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject: Video
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:45 pm 
Site Admin

Good grief Maia! You would send that out with me in it! Another toad/ iguana thing! Maybe we could just blank me out and leave the voice part in? I was in my "fat" toad stage fer sure! Having gone through "hell" trying to get the book done and then being depressed and blowing up like a baloon even though I wasn't eating much-just what I did was the wrong thing and I didn't know I had allergys and asthuma either at the time. Oh well, I do not look like that now-so I'll "say" oh, that isn't me-that was my "stunt" double...hee-hee! I barely remember being there-I am sorry but all I remember is your mom and you Maia, and the house you lived in and the big glass green bottle that I "wanted" because I have a thing for unique glass bottles-but only collect special very tiny ones now-no room to put them out. Haven't had any new ones in a long time-not since someone gave me a cobalt blue one that used to have Evening in Paris in it-I only wanted it because it reminded me of Elvis' blue bottle with his few teaspoons of special cologne in it...it does not smell like him at all-the bottle I have in my collection...but the color and bottle is right. Strange I would remember that green glass bottle sitting on the floor so clearly- I guess it "spoke" to me? wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:12 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Julie, you are always there to solve the technical problems!!! That's great :)

Wanda, I almost fell off my chair laughing while reading you describing yourself :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . But there seems to be no escape: We want to see you!! :wink: :wink:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

Wanda you look great in the video! SHY and yet very REAL and SINCERE. If you were ever on Oprah or Larry King...there's no way any "sane" person wouldn't know your were being truthful!

Julie, PM me your address. I could send it to you to make a copy (which you would then send to Euro folk). Then you could send the U.S. one I sent you to a U.S. member to start a chain back to me. I don't need the Euro one back. Whoever gets it LAST can hold on to it until maybe someone else on that side of the ocean wants to see it.

As for addresses, WHO WANTS TO SEE THIS VIDEO? No addresses right now, I just need a head count. PLEASE POST IT ON THIS THREAD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:11 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I swear I want to see it! Image

(Somebody told me that green is the colour of Hope!)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:26 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I would like to see it too but would have to be NTSC/Region 1 in order for me to be able to play it.
Thank you Julie for offering to look into this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:46 am 
Site Admin

Well at least they would get to hear my "real voice" because I don't sound like that anymore since they screwed with my vocal cords in that freak surgery thing.
I don't have any volume and my voice is "harsher" sounding and I didn't recognize myself when I've heard me on tape recently-I was going to put my own answering message on my phone and it was surprising that it was me! So I am going to look through the boxes for records and find the interview I did on the album that was made in 1980 and get a record player so I can make some copies for those who have asked. At least, it is really my voice! I hate how it sounds now-
and the older I get the worse it gets-sometimes can't hardly talk at all and swallowing can be troublesome with some things-have to watch that as well. It is dangerous to go in for surgery-of any kind-that was just to remove screws and a metal plate! Minor-and they put me in cardiac arrest! But I learned I could "fly" and I loved it!
wjh

Page 1 of 3 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next