It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis' skin treatments...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

I went with Grandma Suzy to the orential health food and supply store and I found Vit. D capsules which I have been looking for over some 12 years or so. Could always find E but not plain D oil...which is a fish oil that is very good for humans and animals. Anyway, Elvis told me he used "sweet oil" (cold pressed light olive oil)on his skin, his grandma "Dodger" told him about doing that and he had always done it. She told him when he started shaving around 14 or so (though he said he didn't have much to cut off but was trying to "make it grow".) Anyway he had done that and then when he went to Hollywood he was taught other things...and that vit. D would keep wrinkles from forming around his eyes and also his lips and his skin would stay soft and supple, especially working under hot lighting which was as bad as standing in the sun too much. So he did that too. Well I have used sweet oil now for a while and it is great...he also mentioned another oil from these are his words, "a little nut that you get at Christmas time, lookes like it's encased in a dried sponge shell and have to crack it open to eat it." It was almonds... Almond oil is the best for your skin-it is rich in vit. d but not as much as regular fish oil. Vit d. does not smell like fish and has a very, very mild taste that is pleasant and hardly noticable. I have a place on my lip that had cancer and it tends to be very dry so I needed to find that oil again...and wa-laaa
it came to me...via the Orential store! The only place I've found it since we left Orange County some 14 years ago... Elvis sure had nice lips, even with all the fever blisters he was prone to having, his lips didn't scar and look bad. He had the scar from getting his lip busted when younger, and that's why the Hollywood lady or man ? told him to use it to soften the scar, and it did almost go away...Just made that lower lip interesting and also gave it a fuller look. He had a very nice set of lips...went with the rest of that face perfectly! Anyway, wanted to pass this information along to you all, everyone can use less skin dryness and who wants to wrinkle! Not me...but happens, so try to stave it off as long as possible and make it better if it's already arrived.
My skin is softer than it's been in ages already-on my lip I mean. I can't feel it now at all after just 3 little tiny capsules being used!
You all probably will recall when Elvis was being interviewed in Texas after the big show there where he was "the biggest bull sh--ter there" to quote him, he was talking and he had something shiny around his lips and mouth-it wasn't sweat-it was the oil he had put on because he had a fever blister coming on his lip-it shows if you look for it-and he was making sure it didn't get dried out, crack and turn ugly. After all, he couldn't have a flaw that showed-I mean, he was "Elvis Presley, fer gawd sake".wjh The oil absorbes quickly and usually doesn't show at all once it does that. He had just used it probably and it didn't obsorbe fast enough so that the shine remained and those lights reflected off it. Probably made him disgusted when he saw that too...so picky...so vain...but he admitted both were true when it came to how he looked in public...he had to be perfect!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:03 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda, I gather you are referring to two different treatments here -- fish oil pills & topical almond skin oil. Well I'm glad you found your long lost capsules. The topical almond oil is news to me so will have to check it out. Is it still called sweet oil or perhaps by another name? I imagine there are several products which contain almond oil.

As for fish oil capsules, I think I've seen them around but as I recall were kind of expensive for my budget. But then again I get to eat lots of fresh salmon, as my father fishes all the time and catches them, and not the hatchery kind either.
As I recall, Elvis did not like to each fish, so he would have preferred the fish oil capsules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:44 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, yeah, but he did eat fried fish. He didn't swallow the little capsules-he punctured them and applied the oil to his skin where he felt he needed it. Mainly his lips. The Almond oil is available in healthfood stores and it's not all that expensive as a little bit goes a long way. I got a small bottle for 4.88 and the oilve oil is in groceries-that goes a long way too...and you can cook with it! It does a good job on dry skin and is NOT greasy once it has absorbed into the skin and that's pretty fast too. I have very rough hands due to horse handling and it sure helped that! He was so funny describing almonds-wrapped in dried sponge shells! Sweet oil is just olive oil but needs to be the cold press kind to work best-I use it in cooking and have some in my bathroom for my skin too. He sure had good looking skin and his hands, though calloused from Karate and playing guitar were soft and always warm and smelled good as well. They make olive oil with jasmine scent in it-very faintly-and it's so nice smelling and you don't need anything else as it keeps your skin smelling nice. But I still wear my White shoulders when I dress up to go out... I was so happy to find my "fish oil" though-I need it out here in the sun and dry air and too, with the skin cancer thing going on-already had two off my lip and that was the trouble site now-but it's already made a difference! And I'm putting it around my wrinkles now too-so will see if that helps- I like it because it soaks right in and and I can use my Bare Eccentals powder make up (very good stuff) right on top of it and it works great. My skin doctor reccomended I use that powder make up as it is sun proofed and reflects the bad rays off my face. He is so afraid I am going to have it come back somehwere again-on the face- well, I got news for him it's not there-it's on hands and two places on my left arm. They grow slowly but they'll have to come off and it's melonoma.\
All sun related too. All those days at the beach and then out here with the horses in the desert...should have known. And before that as a kid working in the fields and getting some major sunburn on my face too. wjh

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:37 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
He was so funny describing almonds-wrapped in dried sponge shells!

I noticed that too! I was thinking maybe almonds were expensive when he was a kid and so he rarely saw them and wasn't that familiar with them???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:53 am 
Site Admin

He said "you get at Christmas" so I would think maybe that is true-they used to be hard to come by where we were-I had never seen an almond until I moved to California-at least one I could recognize as one-only saw them sliced or chopped up on cakes or something but rarely back then. I can recall being very amazed at their shells and then finding out that was only the inner shell. We had paper shell pecans and walnuts and then found aout about the English walnuts that were easier to shell and I liked their milder taste also. Jimmie loves dark walnuts as that's what he grew up on. He won't eat sunflower seeds though-but Starla and I like them...shelled though. Starla likes to shell them herself one at a time like a bird or something! I tell her that and she doesn't care, just keeps chomping away. funny girl.
I couldn't find my "double" post so whoever took care of it, Thanks! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:00 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
He was so funny describing almonds-wrapped in dried sponge shells!

It makes me smile. I'm used to have around almonds trees, many times at my own place. I love when they flourish, they get all covered with pink or white tiny flowers, before the leaves grow. They spread a sweet essence around and when flowers fall, it seems like there is a flowers' rain.

I had also olive trees in my last 4 homes, including the actual. I have made sometimes oil, very real and natural. These days, we are collecting the olives. :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:10 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

By the way, Edgar Cayce, the famous "sleeping prophet" recommended to eat three almonds (with skin) daily to prevent cancer and tumors of any kind. I also heard that from another source. (I myself follow that advice since a long time. I eat the almonds with dried raisins, and it tastes delicious!! :D )

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

Me too-I eat almonds and have since "discovering them" and also when I had the melanoma taken off my face the doctor told me to eat almonds, raw and about a hand ful a day...he was holistic in his approach to cancer etc: and was just as cute as a bug...black hair and eyes almost black and I think from Europe somewhere-and he had a great "bedside manner" though I was in a leaning back chair thing for the whole procedure. I mentioned to the nurse that he was "something to look at" and she said everyone said that! He reminded me of Elvis in his movements and attitude and he had a very warm, nice smile-but it didn't come close to Elvis' nor did he, really. Just kind of, a little bit. No one comes close to Elvis's qualities and persona-and never will in our lifetime. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:06 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
No one comes close to Elvis's qualities and persona-and never will in our lifetime. wjh

I'm always careful about saying "never" or "always", but this time I'm so tempted... Well, I'll take the risk: Absolutely right, Wanda! Image

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:56 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]