It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:17 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

naughty babies..I'm afraid you don't have much to change their minds,till they tired of living in your room..they do rule !..but I soooooo love them..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:53 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I enjoyed reading your animal stories Amanda & Sarena! Yesterday, I was sitting in my parents front yard and we saw a wild western brush rabbit nibbling away at the grass, right in front of some viriginia creeper where it had made it's home. These rabbits are cottontails, smaller than most and so cute. My mother and tried to keep still and quiet, but it got frightened by a gust of wind & went back into the creeper. It looked very much like the rabbit in the picture below:

Last edited by Blue Moon on Mon May 14, 2007 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:16 am 
Site Admin

They sure are skittish! But after a while, if fed by humans at a regular time-they learn to trust more and they sure know how to "beg"-these here will come where we are and sit looking at us like, Well? Wellll? WELL! until we feed them. Someof them have a special place and they'll wait there all spaced out at each place where they want their oats. I have one that will come right to me-and about 14 of them will come when I call them at other times of day because they know I'm going to toss out green things, salad trimmings etc:. I can go out on the slope, call them and here they come on the run! it's commical. If your rabbit has an orange place from the back of it's head beginning at ear base and sort of in a circle pattern on it's neck-they are the Red crested desert "cotton tail" rabbits like ours-they are the most common ones in California. In Okla. we had bigger ones-the Jack rabbit types. These don't get very large at all. I tell them when they run from me, "Oh knock it off! If I wanted to eat you I'd have already done so!" Jimmie tells them they wouldnt even make good gloves! I think they took it personally when I told the 40 some odd bunch that was here, they couldn't have babies! Food was too scarace and I wouldnt allow baby rabbits around here! Some of them up and left shortly thereafter-all the older ones seem to go-we have the younger ones here-but no little ones at all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:36 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

You have lots of rabbits!!
Well I checked out Wikipedia and the closest I could come up with was a western brush rabbit, as the one in the picture posted looked like the one I saw, plus they range in the pacific coast, including where I live. And where I live there is plenty of irrigation, so the grass is always green in the warmer months even though I live in the desert. So this rabbit will not even need to be fed! It has an entire yard full of greenery to enjoy. It was quite plump and not hurting for food. No wonder! All it has to do is step out of the creeper and chow down.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Mon May 14, 2007 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:48 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

This is a very sweet pic, Laurie. :P It's WONDERFUL to have wild animals around and watch them! (Everybody able to do so is very fortunate due the present crazy tendency to build and build cement cities all around. I need strongly to feel nature around to harmonize with it. It opens the heart because of Love.)

Wanda, it's amazing and so beautiful too, how you relate to animals! Image

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:22 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Laurie, the rabbit-picture is really sweet!
The domesticated rabbits I have/had are very small and have all variety of colors. They are also more tame and fond of cuddling :)

Amanda, I know it's not EASY to bring rabbits together who are "new", but we will TRY!!!! :)

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:20 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I'm sure that YOU will have success on it! The little rabbits won't refuse the Love that will be offered to them through you, Sarena.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:08 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:52 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Since one week the little rabbits are with us (5 weeks old and sooooo tiny and cute, one completely white, the other black and brown) , and Snoopy, the "old lady" :wink: has already accepted them without any problem. She seemingly comes to life again in her new role as mother/auntie :wink: :D :D

ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:08 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Christine-Sarena,

If you want, you could send me pics of the bunnies and I will be happy to post them for you.

Page 2 of 3 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next