It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:55 pm 
Tiger

Here's a rare interview given by Ginger Alden and the Alden family. It gives more insights into the last few months of Elvis' life. Well worth the read:
http://www.essentialelvis.com/Interview ... rAlden.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:35 pm 
Flame

I read it a little while ago, it is indeed woth the read. Thank you for the link joy!

Love, Raina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:17 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, it's nice to hear their explanations of the lawsuit and etc: and I know that Elvis was very generous and he thought alot of Ginger, was infatuated right away with her eyes-he said they reminded him of his mother's eyes according to Ed Parker who also said Elvis told him he had rushed into it with Ginger and that he wasn't going to marry her-not now. I think what it was more than anything, he was looking for the days as it was when he and Pris were first engaged and getting married and he wanted a wife and family very much again...he saw in Ginger what he dreamed about-but then realized that it wouldn't work-that it was too late and maybe he knew he wasn't going to make it so he tried to give her happiness while he could??? I don't know. I only know what he said, and he tried to be diplomatic about it and he didn't want me to say anything in the interview which I did not include in the one done for the college thing-but I did in some in 1978 and then in the revised part. I feel kind of bad about that, but he said it and he wasn't mean, he just felt that he was "fooling himself" and maybe someone said that to him when they pointed out her looking so much like Pris used to look years back? Maybe he thought that was it-he said that it was and he accepted it that way. He said she had a nice family, but he didn't want to get married-not now. Is how he put it.
I think he wanted to leave her with the best possible memory he could-what better way than to plan a Christmas Wedding-his dream wedding at Graceland???
Was he 'faking' or was he just leaving a beautiful memory for a young woman who would be losing so much by his death? Guess we won't know until some time in the future? I thought Ginger was fun and nice for him, she kept him laughing and he was like a teen ager for a little while when he first met her-ga-ga kind of and I laughed at him. He didn't care, he said she was a living doll and he loved looking at her-it made him feel good.
So I was glad of that-and I won't forget that silly conversation with him about whistling at her-etc:...and his silly response- I hope she remembers that little scene it was funny though at the time I was dismayed at him and his antics! I mean, I whistle for my DOGS for pete's sake! He snapped his fingers at Linda and whistled for Ginger! I hope he was just being silly and putting me on! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:48 am 
Flame

He snapped his fingers at Linda? Oh I didn't know that!

I don't think I would have taken that very well :lol:
I'm sure he was just being silly though...

Love, Raina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:08 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Raina wrote:
He snapped his fingers at Linda? Oh I didn't know that!

I don't think I would have taken that very well :lol:
I'm sure he was just being silly though...

Love, Raina

As respectful as Elvis always was about anyone around him, I don't doubt that this little things are of the kind of a complice language shared between lovers.

As I stated on the same matter many months ago in this forum, the whistle call was used by my loving father to call my sister and me when we were little, as a differentiate sound-key that we would recognize as belonging to our intime family's circle. It was very much dear to us and I extended it to my husband and children when I was an adult.

This kind of language creates intime codecs that enhances and speaks about love bonds and familiarity.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:02 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, my mother used a heck of a special whistle for me as a child - you could hear it BLOCKS away! She would do it by putting two fingers in her mouth. I never could do that. :roll:

It was a whistle she and her girlfriend who lived in the country next to each other would use...it was the first few notes of an old song that started with the words "get your bathing suit on..." When one would whistle for another that way, they would meet at the swimming hole!

A DIFFERENT WORLD THEN. My mother was old enough to be my grandmother, born in 1904.

So anyway, she used the whistle with me...to get me back home - PRONTO! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:58 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

In the island of Gran Canaria there is an ancient whistle language (desappearing now but still used by elders). As the island has so many mountains, it's used from one side of deep valleys to the other, for all kind of communication. In my last visit there, I heard it once while driving by the mountains roads. There is the intention to try to keep it alive, teaching it to young.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

WOW! How interesting. :)

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2