Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

So true!

Post subject: Roosevelt
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:38 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, I had not read that in so long a time, but I know Elvis admired Roosevelt very much-his father and some of his relatives worked the WPA when he was very small and they (his parents and relatives) talked of Roosevelt and young Elvis admired him, respected him and read about him-I think some of the use of Eagles on his suits came from that reading and his great admiration for America and all it stands for too. I didn't know he had that in his office, but I can understand that he would. It would appeal to him in more than what it says and I think he strived for those things his whole life. I got to hear a song he performed when he was not yet 19 years old for the first time the other day-he was so young, yet you could hear the future Elvis voice here and there in it.
He was just a baby-and it almost made me cry to think of how young he was then and that's when it all began to happen for him. It was a song Sam Phillips wanted him to record but I guess it didn't work out then and wasn't released. I don't think Elvis ever did record it either, at least not for release. He mentioned it in talking (interview) and I think he called it "wasted love" but that's not the title the dj gave it and now I can't recall it. It was an old ballad. I am so looking forward to going back to Graceland now that so much more is open and out to see. People have said that his voice is on the recordings people can listen to in different rooms-I'm curious to see if I recall any of what's said???? those tapes should all be there someplace. I can't believe he would have thrown them away or erased them...but you never know. Maybe someone else has them???? I sure wish they would show up. WJh

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]