It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Charlie Hodge
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:28 pm 
Pharaoah

This morning I received a mail from the Belgian fanclub, informing me that Chalie Hodge died last Friday.
So sad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:47 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, so did I. He was a good friend to Elvis. I remember him calling me around 1979 to talk with me...I had given him some info on his past lives years ago (sent to him). When I started writing for REFLECTIONS, a publication on Elvis by Charlie and Dan Mingori, Charlie remembered me and called. We talked about how Veronon was so against Elvis' metaphyscial interests until after Elvis died. Then Vernon told Charlie he had been wrong to doubt his son and that he now DID believe...ast least, he was opening up to it.

Charile sounded so LOST without Elvis. His heart was clearly still breaking then. I don't think it ever stopped.

Letters of condolences may be sent to:

The Family of Charles Hodge
c/o Memories Theater
2141 Parkway
Pigeon Forge TN 37863
Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:44 pm 
Peacock

did he died last friday? this is sooo sad :cry:

Post subject: Charlie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:17 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear about Charlie-he's been on my mind for several days since there were questions about who of the guys etc; I knew. Charlie was a sweet guy, he was like a puppy around Elvis, but always tried to have his best interest in mind, unlike many others. I can only say that now he's with Elvis, and you can bet Elvis was right there, arms out, running to grab him up, lift him off his feet as he sometimes did to be onery as Charlie didn't like that much. Poor Charlie was so lost without Elvis; that was our impression the last time we saw him at a convention in Seattle in 1980, I think it was.
He looked so sad, no one was with him and he was just very "tiny and vunerable" and I felt badly that we couldn't stay longer to see his show. He really looked hurt when I said we were catching a plane that evening.
He just turned and walked away, head down and quickly heading down that long hall, alone. I was surprised that no one was with him-not one person except in the convention, a few people were hanging around his booth and talking, but even there, he didn't seem to know anyone really. It hurt to see that, because he was so devoted to Elvis. Vernon made him move out of Graceland's garage apartment shortly after Elvis died and Charlie was on his own, he was very hurt over that but accepted it graciously. I don't know anything about him other than he had been living with his mother back in the 80's when we last saw him. Elvis and he have a lot to talk about-another one up there to sing with him. Wanda

Post subject: Just a thought
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:44 am 
Pharaoah

Do you really think he's with Elvis? I sure hope so. How can we know?
I also hope Elvis will be there when I leave this place.

Post subject: Charlie and Elvis
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:56 am 
Site Admin

Hi,
Yes, I believe that our souls/spirits go immediately with our loved ones. I believe that people who love their "god" whether it be the God of the Bible, the god of what ever belief one truly believes in practices faithfull, because all of the religions of the world teach the same things, just in different terms so that everyone, regardless of race, color or whatever can understand if they want to understand. I believe that Charlie was with Elvis long enough to be religious, to pray and practice with Elvis because he was so devoted. In a way, Elvis was his "god" not a deity type God but he "worshiped" that friendship. Elvis believed in the God of the Holy Bible, he was open minded about all religious beliefs since he read about so many and concluded as did I, that all of them are about the same thing-loving one another, caring for each other, looking out for each other, in every way possible and in respecting and acknowledging a higher power over all-God. Regardless of what that god's name might be on earth. This universe is far to vast and unknown by humans, to even consider that there wasn't some higher power, far beyond what we think being "genius" or intelligent is-and that power made us all, everything we have, what could we think but that power would also provide for our spirits/souls that the power instilled into us at the time we are born- would not provde a place for those spirits/souls to return to when the "house" human body has deteriorated to the point of being useless for it's purposes-to house our living spirits. Yes, I believe Charlie is with Elvis-Elvis wouldn't abandon him even if Charlie isn't on the same level in the spirit plane-that part of it I don't understand but the Bible says we will all understand when we return to the source-and whether that's Heaven as the Bible tells it or some other place as other religions state-it's the same place. I've been "dead" after a surgery snaffoo and came back. I floated above the scene, heard the nurses and doctors, saw the frantic efforts being made to revive the flopping, jerking and dying body (mine) and it didn't bother me one bit. In fact, I didn't know who it was-I was busy observing the other two patients who had the same kind of bad luck as me that morning. I saw nurses working on them, one guy had clamps holding his stomach together and was bleeding, the other was getting oxygen and on a heart moniter. I was just flopping up and down and some dozen or more people were hooking up machines, doing all kinds of things and trying to hold the table still that I was strapped to. I was just there to have screws removed from a broken leg-but that didn't get done-and the jerking etc: rebroke my leg!
When they brought me back, I didn't want to come! It hurt when my spirit slammed back into that body-I liked where I was and was heading other places but too late, they got me. When I told them what I'd seen and heard they were excited-one of them wrote it all down-it wasn't the first time someone told them that. Anyway,
I'm not afraid of death-I know my spirit is going to go on and that won't be scary at all. In fact, it's nice-.
Elvis also had such an experience-but he went to his mom and had to come home again. He didn't want to either. At the time I had that experience, Elvis was gone and maybe if I hadn't closed the door on him so much, I couldn't listen to his music and didn't want to even think of him because it hurt too much, maybe he would have been there for me at that time. Now, I know he'll be there-I had surgery on my face recently, cancer and the day after, he came. I walked into my living room, I had beenoutside, we live on a mountain side, have no near neighbors at all, but my living room was full of cherry/vanilla cigar smoke-the same as he smoked the last time I saw him. It was so strong, i had goosebumps and looked around to see if I saw him. I know he was there-when I turned on the radio shortly after, the first song that played was I'll be There. I can't believe it was a condience. Anyway, Now Elvis has Charlie to help him sing-JD on bass and soon, there'll be more. Proabably, Col. Tom isn't near the level they are...who knows?
Wanda

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

I have not had any near-death experiences, but I have had many "visitors" from the other side of the veil, and I DO believe that my Soul Family members will be there for me when I cross over.

About Charlie: Also it in that phone coverstation I had with him he spoke to me about Elvis' scarves...Charile being the caretaker of them. He said that Elvis had found out that Tibetan Holy Men gave out scarves which they had first blessed. So that that point, Elvis began blessing his scarves and asked Charlie to not let anyone else touch them but him (Charlie) until he was ready to put one around his neck.

Charile had such reverance in his voice when he spoke about this, as if he had considered it hs sacred duty.

Post subject: visitors
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:53 pm 
Pharaoah

How did these visitors manifest themselves? Was Elvis among them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
How did these visitors manifest themselves? Was Elvis among them?

They simply appeared in my room at night...my mother often saw them also (we lived together). No, Elvis wasn't among them, but I feel that I have had some communication with him since his death. On one of these occassions he asked me to "ask Wanda about my experience in Florida." I had no idea what he might be referring to, but as it turned out, Wanda told me about him sleeping on a tomb slab in a place that was supposed to be haunted...in Florida! :? (When he was making Follow That Dream).

Would you mind sharing a little about that story, Wanda?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:08 pm 
Pharaoah

Maia,

How did he communicate with you?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next