It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Valkenburg will be Elvis town for a day!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:51 am 
Flame

Hi guys!

I became aware of this through another forum. Now I searched the official site about valkenburg and read about this.

Valkenburg a/d Geul is a popular town in the South of the netherlands. I love to go there :D In fact I was there a little while ago.

Anyway...on the 16h of August Valkunburg will be Elvis town!
There will be a big Memorial concert. This will be on top of the "Cauberg." A hill in that town. Popular Dutch singers will attend, and also Wanda Jackson will be part of it! :D
Can you believe how excited I am!? Hopefully I can go there, it's only an hour away from where I live *does a happy dance on top of the chair* 8)

Love, from a very happy Raina :D

Post subject: Have Fun!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:06 am 
Sun Dial

I'm trying to picture a happy dance on top of a chair! :lol: I also hope you are able to go and have a wonderful time. It seems as though Elvis is still very popular in the Netherlands as I frequently see posts (on other sites like youtube as well) from the Dutch.

I am 1/8 Dutch myself as my grandmother was half Indian, half Dutch. I had the opportunity to visit the Netherlands for 2 days back in April 1993 when I visited a friend in Germany. It's a beautiful country, the people were very friendly, and I still remember how beautiful the Keukenhof was! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:58 pm 
Flame

Rainbow Light, when I can go, ofcourse I will tell all about how it went on ELC! :D

Wanda, hihi don't try to imagine how a happy dance looks on top of a chair looks. Aspecially not one with weels :roll: :lol: Eh, ja anyway.... :wink: ...The keukenhof, I have never been there! haha,. realy should go sometime.

Yes Elvis is still popular over here. But hey we are talking about Elvis, he is unforgettable! 8)

Love, Raina

Post subject: Hello!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:46 pm 
Sun Dial

Wheels, huh? That adds to the degree of difficulty! :lol:

The Keukenhof really was something. I've looked up pictures online just to see it again. But you know they say we never see what's in our own backyard. I lived in Huntsville, AL, for years without going to the Space and Rocket Center, so I'm not one to talk! :D

And I agree -- Elvis is unforgettable! :wink:

Post subject: Re: Hello!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:22 pm 
Flame

Wanda Mc wrote:
Wheels, huh? That adds to the degree of difficulty! :lol:

It sure does. Practise long 'n hard and you'll be amazed of the outcome! 8)

I've seen pictures too Wanda, thanks for reminding me of the excistens of the keukenhof! Now I am reminded I should realy go there.
When I go I'll be sure to take pictures and I'll send them to you if you like. :)

Love, Raina

Post subject: Pictures
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:30 pm 
Sun Dial

I'd love to see them! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:41 pm 
Site Admin

Raina this is such great news for you and does sound like a very exciting Elvis day! :D I'll be praying that you can make it there to enjoy all the fun and I too would love to hear all about it afterwards if you can go. :D If you do go, I hope you have a wonderful time! :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]