It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: I'm Not Angry...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:20 am 
Sun Dial

:D Just surprised that what I posted was read the way it was interpreted. I guess that's how rumors get started, and I didn't want to start that one! :shock: And I'm not upset about the link being posted or anything like that. I just got annoyed seeing Sonny wearing that gift from Elvis and I'm sure telling everyone in that interview how much he loved the guy, and I spouted off a bit. :oops:

I'm sorry if you thought I was angry. If someone has the time and wants to see if he has anything worthwhile to say, it's nice to have the option. We can all choose to hear him out or not. I've heard some say that Sonny does try to make amends somewhat by saying that the initial book was sensationalized and that while their intention was to help Elvis, they didn't mean to overshadow the good things. I just don't believe he is sincere, nor does he say (that I've heard) that the first book was a mistake. And a second book to me just seems like an attempt to make more money off his relationship with Elvis. I just don't like the guy. The best part of Elvis's movies is watching him beat the stew out of Red and Sonny in the fight scenes. I apologize sincerely if you thought I was angry -- certainly not at anyone on this forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:21 am 
Owl

Wanda June Hill wrote:
I don't believe he suffocated in the carpeting-not when he had every evidence of massive heart attack which was proven by the autopsy and the testing done said it wasn't due to drugs-he had ONLY the prescribed amounts for the illnesses he had. And Sonny wasn't there so how does he come about knowing the facts of the "case"? He was off doing his thing-and we all know what that was back then- He'd like to believe that-Lisa as a child might have heard such "speculation" at the moment of the incident and trying to figure out what went wrong-that is where that suffocating story sprang up. People who were trying to figure out what went wrong and who had NO medical knowledge to speak of-and it is true that Elvis had fallen asleep just about any where at times-but he had cut back on things at that time. Even Ginger says that the use of drugs is greatly exaggerated by many who weren't around. She WAS there. I think I would take her word over Sonny's any day. wjh

"Suffocating on the carpet" goes to show how Sonny feels free to add supposition publicly (without any thought for where that may lead with people who may think he knows what he is talking about) which then turns into Sonny's "truth" with time (perhaps and perhaps not....sorry....I'm irritated) then he tries to convince everyone he is right (sarcasm).

Wanda, do you know what level of education Sonny achieved?

Hugs,
Kim

Post subject: Education
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:44 am 
Sun Dial

Don't know which Wanda you're asking :) , but I have no idea. Wanda JH might have more info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:48 am 
Owl

Sorry Wanda Mc, I meant WJH.

:-)

Km

Post subject: No Problem!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:52 am 
Sun Dial

I figured you probably did, as she has much more first-hand info than I (mine is zero!). I just didn't want you to think I was ignoring your question! :D

Post subject: Re: No Problem!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:57 am 
Owl

Wanda Mc wrote:
I figured you probably did, as she has much more first-hand info than I (mine is zero!). I just didn't want you to think I was ignoring your question! :D

LOL, what a sweetie you are!

Kimmi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:08 am 

I'm sorry if I came across wrong. Like I said I did not listen to the whole thing. The little I heard was enough for me.

Post subject: I know what you mean...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:33 pm 
Sun Dial

I understand, believe me, or I wouldn't even have clicked on the link. I guess there's a curiosity of what some of these guys might say. Will they admit they didn't know everything and were mistaken in what they thought was fact? Do they regret how they've cut him up for public ridicule? Have they come to see him in a different way with time? So we peek, hoping the answer is Yes, and sadly it always seems like more of the same. :( I appreciate your response. I sure didn't want you to think I was yelling at you through cyberspace! So we're good. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:44 pm 

Wanda:

We are fine. I have found that sometimes writing in cyber space things get confused, misread, etc. I too have the hope that I will find one of them has changed. I guess I am dreaming. But I keep checking it out.

Di

Post subject: Reply
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:29 am 
Sun Dial

Yeah, me, too. Thanks!

Page 2 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next