It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




 Page 3 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Reply
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:56 am 
Owl
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:40 pm
Posts: 57
Wanda Mc wrote:
Yeah, me, too. Thanks!



I too, was hoping they would change.

Now, I'm just more bitter and disappointed, if that is at all possible. My hope taken away, hoping that for Lisa's sake, they would put people first, rather than their justifying themselves, and making more money because it's been 30 years.

Kim :cry:


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:59 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:41 pm
Posts: 3355
Location: Chicago
Di no problems here either with you posting the link. :) You didn't do anything wrong my dear---just sharing a means of accessing this interview for whoever would want to listen to/watch it that's all. :) Your feelings about what Sonny said are MORE than understandable and also shared by quite a few others(myself included). I'll NEVER understand how Sonny thinks he can speak with so much authority on EVERY facet and aspect of Elvis's life because even Elvis himself said in his conversation with Red that Sonny was never around. :roll: I've asked this before but since we're discussing this, I'll ask it again---why is it that all these MM guys seem to think they CAN'T possibly be wrong about ANYTHING they say about Elvis, and that if something happened in Elvis's life that they weren't a part of then in their eyes it DIDN'T happen???? :roll: :x Wanda Mc, the VERY PROMINENTLY displayed TCB around Sonny's neck is the first thing I noticed too and I understand EXACTLY how you feel about that. :x I think that is exactly what Sonny wants everyone to notice too---kind of a "look at how important I was to Elvis" type of thing. :roll: :roll: Wanda Mc, I also agree with what you said about Elvis's movies and the fight scenes with Sonny and Red. :wink: Man, I get a kick out of watching Elvis beat the daylights out of them---choreographed or not. :P :lol:


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:19 pm 
Owl
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:40 pm
Posts: 57
MaryInTheMorning wrote:
Di no problems here either with you posting the link. :) You didn't do anything wrong my dear---just sharing a means of accessing this interview for whoever would want to listen to/watch it that's all. :) Your feelings about what Sonny said are MORE than understandable and also shared by quite a few others(myself included). I'll NEVER understand how Sonny thinks he can speak with so much authority on EVERY facet and aspect of Elvis's life because even Elvis himself said in his conversation with Red that Sonny was never around. :roll: I've asked this before but since we're discussing this, I'll ask it again---why is it that all these MM guys seem to think they CAN'T possibly be wrong about ANYTHING they say about Elvis, and that if something happened in Elvis's life that they weren't a part of then in their eyes it DIDN'T happen???? :roll: :x Wanda Mc, the VERY PROMINENTLY displayed TCB around Sonny's neck is the first thing I noticed too and I understand EXACTLY how you feel about that. :x I think that is exactly what Sonny wants everyone to notice too---kind of a "look at how important I was to Elvis" type of thing. :roll: :roll: Wanda Mc, I also agree with what you said about Elvis's movies and the fight scenes with Sonny and Red. :wink: Man, I get a kick out of watching Elvis beat the daylights out of them---choreographed or not. :P :lol:




You have some valid points, I agree with you entirely. I hurt for Elvis, imagine how he trusted those "men" ha! and what they have done.

Sonny looked smug. He also ran Jerry down in the beginning of the Part 1 of the interview, (before it was officially "on the record" in my opinion, trying to get the interviewer on side, trying to charm her) then he seems to change his thoughts in the wind, depending on what he senses from the interviewer.

I could see right through him.

I also wonder if the chain on the TCB was lengthened, to make it more obvious?

Leaves me cold, I'm afraid, and I'm totally disgusted with them.

Upsetting, tears, kind of thing,

Kimmi


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:24 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:47 pm
Posts: 4300
Location: California
Me too. All I can say is that some day they will have to face their maker and probably Elvis as well. Knowing him he would be understanding and forgiving but some how, I think they will have to suffer some heartrending remorse along the way. Surely there is some type of reckeoning for this type of betrayal and disloyalty. It kind of boils down to he gave them everything, for nothing more than their loyalty and in doing it, he was an enabler and they grew to hate him because he "had so much more" and didn't "share it all with them" kind of thing. It's beyond me. I just find it so degrading in so many ways, not only to his memory but themselves as fellow human beings and supposedly his "friends".



_________________
Wanda June Hill
author of "We Remember, Elvis" & "Elvis - Face to Face"
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:52 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:12 pm
Posts: 1407
Location: Istanbul,TR
what I understand is this hero called Sonny was one of the best things ever happened Elvis, :roll: that he was an extremely capable guard even Ali admired him too much for his abilities,and if he was there when Lennon was shot, he would have been still alive bla bla.. so he could have found "BETTER"jobs,yet stayed with Elvis???..oh how noble.. :roll: these are not his words but the air was there when he was talking and I got out of my patient..then they innocently wanted to show him what a monster he became..:shock: :shock: to show a person something,why do you prefer to share it with the whole world??why didn't they just give him a copy if it's something they truely believed,instead of selling it??what kind of an idiot thinks we'd buy that story ..they had enough time on this earth to come to their senses and see the truth,but I see that Sonny boy "can't apologize" just as he complaines as a bad characteristic of his beloved friend"..and he's a little older than 42..



_________________
ImageImage
This is my quest
To be willing to march into hell
For a heavenly cause
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:58 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:47 pm
Posts: 4300
Location: California
It's funny to me that Elvis didn't seem to have a problem saying "I'm sorry"-I've heard him say it to me-and he wasn't just being smart about it, he was sincere. When I hung up the phone on him he sent me pink roses-he didn't have to do that and he didn't "get anything for it" either. He finally called me, and he said he guessed he was "out of line" and to me that was being sorry. He never went onto that subject again either...which was that we ought to have a brother or sister for our little girl etc:...he had gone just a bit too far with his "comments and reasoning" :twisted: :twisted: and I did get angry-so I told him to have the "damn kid himself if he wanted another one born etc:" and slammed that phone down hard. I didn't think he'd ever call again and at that moment, didn't care! That's mad! :twisted:
And there were other times when he said he was sorry for like his temper, having to always be "perfect" and "right" about everything etc:. He let those guys get away with so much, and he didn't get angry about it until it interferred in something he wanted to do or had to do-then he would lose it somewhat. Personally, had it been me-I'd have probably been worse than he ever could have been. Darth Vader or not!



_________________
Wanda June Hill
author of "We Remember, Elvis" & "Elvis - Face to Face"
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:13 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:12 pm
Posts: 1407
Location: Istanbul,TR
I know Wanda they build an Elvis image which is a fiction,a package full of mistakes,to use as an excuse of their betrayal and like a tape recording, trying to tell the same things such as that apologizing bs..one can guess what will come after their first word..Vader? well I was preparing myself for the role but.. :wink:



_________________
ImageImage
This is my quest
To be willing to march into hell
For a heavenly cause
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Sonny
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:56 am 
Sun Dial
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:48 pm
Posts: 251
Location: Birmingham, AL
Thanks for all the summaries on the interview. You satisfied my curiosity of what he had to say without me having to upchuck while listening to him. I don't know how far I could've made it before I had to turn it off.

I've heard a number of times that Elvis might SHOW you he was sorry but would never say it. Wanda JH, that doesn't sound like your experience. And you must've been mad as heck to slam the phone down on him! Bet the lines were smoking after that conversation! :wink:

Can't these guys just say, "In my youth and studidity and ignorance, I thought I was helping Elvis by publicly challenging him to straighten himself up. I've learned many things in the last 30 years that I didn't know then because Elvis tried to keep whatever hurts he had to himself rather than lay them on me. What I said was based on what I thought was true. I know now that it wasn't the way I thought it was, and I should've handled it and helped him in some other way than trying to humiliate him into being what I thought he should be." I'd accept that!! You know, it's a lot easier to forgive when someone asks for that forgiveness. These guys just keep repeating the same hogwash.

What Lighthouseseeker wrote of Sonny promoting his own self-importance, excuse me while I grab a barf-bag. :x I agree that he feels he has to make Elvis out to be an inferior human being to excuse his own actions. Who knows? Maybe the guy's lying to himself as much as anyone else. And whoever said that at least Red has kept his mouth shut since then, maybe he does realize his mistake. Next step is admitting and correcting the error. Those guys like challenges -- that's mine to them.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: And Another Thing!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:36 am 
Sun Dial
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:48 pm
Posts: 251
Location: Birmingham, AL
Quote:
Sonny looked smug. He also ran Jerry down in the beginning of the Part 1 of the interview, (before it was officially "on the record" in my opinion


It figures that Sonny would try to demean Jerry, just as he would anyone who was closer to Elvis (emotionally) and knew him better. He'd have to run him down to discredit what he has to say about Elvis since it differs from the picture he's trying to create.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:19 pm 
Owl
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:40 pm
Posts: 57
Lighthouseseeker wrote:
what I understand is this hero called Sonny was one of the best things ever happened Elvis, :roll: that he was an extremely capable guard even Ali admired him too much for his abilities,and if he was there when Lennon was shot, he would have been still alive bla bla.. so he could have found "BETTER"jobs,yet stayed with Elvis???..oh how noble.. :roll: these are not his words but the air was there when he was talking and I got out of my patient..then they innocently wanted to show him what a monster he became..:shock: :shock: to show a person something,why do you prefer to share it with the whole world??why didn't they just give him a copy if it's something they truely believed,instead of selling it??what kind of an idiot thinks we'd buy that story ..they had enough time on this earth to come to their senses and see the truth,but I see that Sonny boy "can't apologize" just as he complaines as a bad characteristic of his beloved friend"..and he's a little older than 42..



Agreed, he thinks he is manipulating people successfully, he probably does a lot of people, I'm surprised Elvis didn't see through him, I truely am. WJH???

Sonny is a big noter, with a shocking ego, who, to justify himself, will shamelessly still, after all these years, run Lisa down to justify himself and equally anyone else, who may throw a dint in his "story" which was foggy at best, as he was on much worse than prescription medication, so what will he remember?

Did I read somewhere that someone said Sonny wasn't around much anyway? grrrrr You know "they" say (the guys) that there isn't much Elvis did, that they didn't know about! Can you imagine saying such a thing?

He is the "adult" with regard to Lisa, and what he says, always was, yet he bulldozes through, not worrying about anyone's feelings or what his actions do.

Sorry to sound like this, but for one who has no right to throw stones, who was much, much worse, including his son (which isn't ever mentioned) grrrrrr....sorry I'll stop.

Hugs,
Kimmi


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron
phpBB skin developed by: John Olson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

This site is hosted by Free-Forums.org - get a forum for free. Get coupon codes.
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums