It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Where can I find...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:57 pm 
Flame

Hi,

I remember reading something Elvis wrote I believe per request..
It was a writting where he expressed his feelings and thoughts, but I forgot the title, and so I can't find it again. But I realy would like to read it again.

I believe it had something to do with Wanda telling Elvis that he should try writting, because he could express things so well.
Some pictures come to mind that came to me when reading it but it is hard to describe, because they are pictures, interpertation...
Not the words that he wrote down.

Maybe you know what writting I'm talking about?

I remember the word winter, but I could be wrong.
And he spoke of a girl. He wondered if she liked him, or just the image. The girl came to him, and he said , but she is so beautiful......

Anyone got a clue?

Love, Raina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:04 pm 
Site Admin

Try the search feature on top of the page on ELC-if you have the general typic, idea, word or who might have posted it-that helps. I think you are talking about the piece that he wrote when I asked him to try it. It was called by him, When the Night Is Ten Days Long. That might pull that up for you. I sometimes can get things that way. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:18 pm 
Flame

Thank you Wanda! I searched the forum with the title you gave me and I found a post where you said where you thought it might be. And I found it there! :D

If anyone else would like to read it again, here is where you will find it. :)

http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/thema ... tings.html

Love, Raina

Post subject: Leave Graceland Alone
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:42 am 
Sun Dial

One of my concerns is how many people they think they can traipse through the house in a year? Don't get me wrong -- I've "traipsed" through it twice and feel honored to have that opportunity because it gives me a genuine sense of how he lived and what he loved. But Graceland was opened to the public in large part, I thought, to recoup the expenses of maintaining it. With the money it's bringing in, I think they have that covered! The more people who go through it, the more worn things will get (people do touch where it clearly says "Don't"), the more it becomes a curiosity rather than a chance for genuine fans to feel close to him and pay their respects. I think 600,000 people a year is enough! :? I wish they would turn their marketing efforts elsewhere. Work on spreading his music and his films, concerts, etc., not seeing how much they can make off his home.

There are so many fans who never get to go to Memphis. Why not do what someone posted about an exhibit in Berlin? Show his stage costumes, his jewelry, his gun collection. They have tons of things in archives. Take those to the fans who can't come see them in Memphis.

I'm also bothered by the auctioning of his things, even when it goes for a good cause. Maybe Elvis wouldn't mind as he obviously doesn't need them any more, but to me it's like selling HIM. It bothers me.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]