It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Duet
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:57 am 
Dragon

Well, I finally got to watch the duet with Lisa and Elvis - In The Ghetto - I was almost in tears just like Lisa. It was truly amazing and I think as Lisa gets older she seems to get a little bit more emotionaly where her Dad is concerned. She reminds me so much of him, many gestures and looks are so like him, I think she looks both like Cilla and Elvis. Even her personality is like his..... I am so thankful that she is around to carry on with his legacy, at least we have a link to him.

I also saw the interviews with Priscill and Larry King. I really like her and don't understand why people give her such a hard time. I don't understand why she has to be judged so harshly. She loved E and she cherished him and the fact that she had to leave him to start a life of her own takes guts and real courage - how many women could have done that? How many would have said, well, I don't have my own life or my own identity or much else but I will live someone else's life anyway.
I am not saying I agree with affairs or whatever but surely we can respect her and admire her.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:23 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Vixen,

I liked her on Larry King also. It was one of the first times that she has shown warmth, genuine love for Elvis without being "cutesy" about it, acknowledging that she loves him still, "what's not to love?" and she was excited and warm all over. I thought she was terrific and could see the girl that Elvis fell for, the one he knew her to be and wanted her to be. I think she finally is recovering and allowing herself to show how her feelings are so strong still, that she had to do what she had to do at the time, mistake or not, it came to be something she had to do. I think she has regrets, I know he did, and they both suffered through it. He loved her very much and I believe that she knows that now, has finally realized he did care about her, that she was his ideal and he did the best he could to make it up to her. I hope that this Priscilla is the one we will be seeing from now on. So many people flat out blame her for Elvis' problems but it was just that, it was so much more and totally related to his career pressures... As he said when I asked him what did he give (to his success) he said, "Time, I gave the time...of my life" and he did, totally. Which left only a small part for his family-most of which he showered on his child. I like Lisa alot too, and I can see her mom in her some, but mostly I see Elvis; would we want it any other way? I thnk not. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:59 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I accompany you, Wanda, in your way of seeing Priscilla at the present.

It's difficult for me to speak in "public" of a living person with whom I have not a personal relationship and probably you have noticed I seldom do that. But I wish to honor Priscilla -I'm not or have been a fan of her- for the hard life's path she had to endure behind all the glamour and lights of her public life.

I do feel it as notorious that something is awakened and steadily anchored in her Heart that needed a long process in time to get to this point. As happens with any of us, it is no more something related to fear*, but to LOVE.

*fear of being, fear of not being, fear of lonelyness, fear of not being loved... all that overflows our emotional system, impeding LOVE to take its natural place in our whole lives.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:06 pm 
Site Admin

I came across this thread in the morning and though I'll reply after Wanda does and now after I read ur reply I feel like you just said it all.. Lisa looks alot like her father its freaky sometimes lol....Even Pris knows it she said it in the interview I just posted from Life back in 88.. here is the quote its SO cute esp. Lisa

Quote:
"All the bad things never changed my love for my dad. There's a certain strong feeling that I have for him that is only for my dad--not for Elvis Presley." "A lot of people say, 'God, she's got her dad's eyes' or 'her dad's nose,'" says Priscilla "I don't have his nose," Lisa says "Well, I don't know," says Priscilla "Do you think?" presses Lisa. "I definitely know that I have my father's temper.

Okay I really need to change the font size on that artical its blinding :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:03 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:)

I think one thing Elvis and Lisa have in commun is their unability to hide their true thoughts when directly asked. And when both talk, it's obvious they are reflective and with personal criteria.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 pm 
Site Admin

As I said in my ELC Updates, I thought it was time that the ELC website had a more "spiritual presentation" on Lisa, so I re-vamped her section:

http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/LMP/lmp_torch.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:01 pm 
Site Admin

Wanda June Hill wrote:
Hi Vixen,

I liked her on Larry King also. It was one of the first times that she has shown warmth, genuine love for Elvis without being "cutesy" about it, acknowledging that she loves him still, "what's not to love?" and she was excited and warm all over. I thought she was terrific and could see the girl that Elvis fell for, the one he knew her to be and wanted her to be. I think she finally is recovering and allowing herself to show how her feelings are so strong still, that she had to do what she had to do at the time, mistake or not, it came to be something she had to do. I think she has regrets, I know he did, and they both suffered through it. He loved her very much and I believe that she knows that now, has finally realized he did care about her, that she was his ideal and he did the best he could to make it up to her. I hope that this Priscilla is the one we will be seeing from now on. So many people flat out blame her for Elvis' problems but it was just that, it was so much more and totally related to his career pressures... As he said when I asked him what did he give (to his success) he said, "Time, I gave the time...of my life" and he did, totally. Which left only a small part for his family-most of which he showered on his child. I like Lisa alot too, and I can see her mom in her some, but mostly I see Elvis; would we want it any other way? I thnk not. wjh

Nope! Wouldn't want it any other way dear Wanda! :wink: :P :D I am also in complete accord with everything else you have said here too Wanda. :D Maia you did an EXCELLENT job on the re-vamp of Lisa's section! :D The loving words she spoke about her daddy truly illustrate the heart of the man and the loving spirit which shined from within. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:31 am 
Dragon

Wanda, you hit it right on the button - I didn't know what it was that was jumping out at me telling me there was something different about her. Like you say it seems she has realised that he really loved her so much and she seems to have accepted it and has made peace with everything that happened. I guess it takes time and maturity to do that. I am so happy about it and I am happy for her because it must have been so very hard to have to deal with it all and he wasn't even around to help her in some way.

Somehow this has made me feel better, I often just couldn't get my head around it all - I mean I could not deal with it so I did not know how she could - she is very brave and finally she has found peace!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:27 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes she found her peace.

I know she thinks different now. She is older. Probably see him with other eyes now. Her wild days are over.
I sure do hope she finally "realises" now that he DID love her.

She never believed him in that one, was insecure and made huge mistakes in being so.

History cannot be changed but I hope she finally realises he was a very caring husband and he did his best to be the best father he could be for Lisa.

There were times Priscilla saw it different tough, too bad.

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]