It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:13 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

BE WELCOME, JOANNA!! :P :P

I'm another one that first met you through Wanda's book. I don't know how, but all of you that participated in it, got to get through so real, that it was very easy to feel great empathy with you.

I liked you very much then, as much as I like the idea of you coming on board with us...! Image

Last edited by Amanda Viola on Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:18 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

JoAnna, thanks for sharing what you went through and how you felt the day Elvis died. I felt myself tear up just reading your words. It must not be so easy for you bringing back those memories. And yet, as you say
Quote:
Now, when I think of him, I remember his beautiful smile. His beautiful eyes. His tender, sweet soul. His laughter. I miss him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:01 pm 
Site Admin

JoAnna, a sweet ALOHA to you from Kaua'i! I am so glad you are here with us! I know you will help Wanda and indeed all of us, build the HOLOGRAM of Elvis as a WORK OF HEART here on ELC.

Also, Wanda really gets battered alot by "unbelievers" on other forums - saying she is crazy and a liar, etc, as if she is the ONLY one making these claims of having known Elvis and his phone friends. So by your contributinghere as well, it is one more "phone friend" to stand up and be counted and say, "Hey, I knew both Elvis AND Wanda and was a part of that incrredible friendship we all shared wtih him."

Not to put words in your mouth :roll: but your posting here help make that point.

Post subject: Priscilla's Comments
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:17 am 
Sun Dial

Welcome, Joanna, from me as well!

I was a bit disappointed with Priscilla's reply when asked if Elvis ever considered that he had a problem with overuse of his medication. She paused then said no, he didn't, because he felt like it was not a problem as long as doctors prescribed it. From what Wanda JH, Jerry Schilling, and others have said, he DID realize it was a problem, checked into the hospital and worked hard to pull back the amounts he took to a normal level. Maybe he never talked to her about it or didn't want to acknowledge to her what he might have perceived as a weakness.

She also brought up the "other women" again, forgetting to mention that for all intents and purposes the marriage was over as he no longer felt he could trust her. Maybe Elvis would prefer to keep it that way and shield her from criticism.

The best thing about the show is Elvis being acknowledged for turning a dustbowl of a town for has-been entertainers into the show biz mecca it is today. I've never been to Las Vegas and doubt I ever will because it just wouldn't feel right without him being there. I think of "Are You Lonesome Tonight" -- Now the stage is bare and I'm standing there with emptiness all around. And if you won't come back to me, then they can bring the curtain down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:26 am 
Dragon

I was hoping to send this to Joanna, all I can say is that I wish I was you... Unfortunately I was not around when Elvis was, infact I was born in 1977, the year he died.
I find it absolutely over whelming to speak to such great women who actually knew him.

I am sure sometimes you feel like it was all in another life but it isn't and you must remember that....
I know you have said that you don't like to share too much as you feel you might be betraying him and his privacy.... I must say I appreciate the fact that you want to share and I would never do anything so betray what you have shared and I am sure so many people feel like that too.....

There were just a couple of things that I wanted to know but please don't feel you need to answer if you don't want to...

Joanna, was it difficult to be with him, knowing who he was and that there were so many girls that wanted a piece of him. Did you ever feel insecure or that you wanted to marry him and be his number one. I don't know if I could have done it, he is just such an icon, amazing and just so big and electrifying - I like that saying, Lisa Marie always says and I think it describes him to well....
What about Priscilla - was that a factor or not, I know their relationship was rocky at times.....

Please Joanna, don't feel you need to answer at all, I just kind of thought it woud be nice to hear how you as a young woman coped and faced all these things.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:57 am 
Owl

Quote:
There were just a couple of things that I wanted to know but please don't feel you need to answer if you don't want to...

Joanna, was it difficult to be with him, knowing who he was and that there were so many girls that wanted a piece of him. Did you ever feel insecure or that you wanted to marry him and be his number one. I don't know if I could have done it, he is just such an icon, amazing and just so big and electrifying - I like that saying, Lisa Marie always says and I think it describes him to well....
What about Priscilla - was that a factor or not, I know their relationship was rocky at times.....

Please Joanna, don't feel you need to answer at all, I just kind of thought it woud be nice to hear how you as a young woman coped and faced all these things.....

Hi Vixen, I don't mind answering your questions at all. I loved Elvis and always will. He was my loving friend. I treasure every moment with him, knowing him, laughing with him, crying with him. I had no serious thoughts of marrying him (altho I'm sure I dreamt about it). I did not think about all the girls who wanted a piece of him (except if they jeapordized his safety). I concentrated on the time we had together. He was a wonderful man. I can still hear him talking to me, with that sexy voice of his. He is in my heart always. He confided in me, very personal things. I felt honored that he trusted me and felt he could share those feelings with me. He always made me feel like I was his number 1. I never felt insecure, he made me feel special, smart and beautiful.

I knew he still loved Priscilla and always would. His love for her, and others, did not interfere with our relationship. The ony thing I had trouble coping with was his deteriorating health. I wish I could have helped him. I know he cherished my love and our friendship, as I did his.

I hope this answers your questions. When someone asks me questions, it makes me stop and go back in my mind and my heart and remember treasured moments. Thank you for taking me back to a wonderful time in my life.

Love, JoAnna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:24 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Your reply shows your big and soft heart, JoAnna!
I'm sure Elvis confided in you also because oft your sincerity and your genuine love, well, that's my feeling.And thanks for all your memories you share with us!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:50 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Dear JoAnna, there's no doubt Elvis knew how to make the perfect choice to share with you love and confidance.

When reading for the first time "We Remember, Elvis", it struck my heart the deep feelings Elvis expressed in a poem he wrote you. The man loved you, as it seemed to me, against any reasonable hope... And I wondered who was the one to create such a loving wave in his heart.

Now I know, because I can "feel" your lightful, joyful and loving nature through your presence here. I CELEBRATE YOU!

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:51 pm 
Amanda Viola wrote:
And I wondered who was the one to create such a loving wave in his heart.

Dear JoAnna,

It is truly a pleasure to meet you.

I haven't read Wanda's books yet, but I read the card Elvis wrote to you on his last day. Just from reading that, I wanted to meet you. I thought, "That woman must be very gifted with comforting people." Now here you are and your graciousness and warmth is very apparent.

Thanks so much for being here!

Love,
Trish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:33 pm 
Owl

Thank you all for your kind words. You bring tears to my eyes and warmth to my heart. Love, JoAnna

Page 2 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next