It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 3 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

Forgot to mention in my previous post JoAnna how much I wanted to thank you also for inspiring Elvis to sing America The Beautiful in his concerts as like dear Sarena said he did it with such FEELING AND HEART! :D You can tell when he performed it that he truly believed in what that song says, especially the parts that he spoke rather than sung--spoken with such love and conviction in his tender heart! :D Sorry I forgot to post this before. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:20 pm 
Owl

A funny story about the "America the Beautiful" song is, once when we were in Vegas, we had a booth in the center, right behind the tables that came out from the stage. We always had the same booth. I wanted to go up to the stage to see him, but the tables were close together and full. I knew when he sang "America the Beautiful", that everyone would stand up. When they did, I ran across their chairs and sat on the edge of the stage. He came over to me, with a laugh in his eyes, gave me a kiss and a scarf. Later, he told me how beautiful I looked and how funny it was that I did that.

I don't think the people at the table who's chairs I ran across were too amused. I was the only one he gave a scarf (and kiss) to that night.

When I got back to the table and the waitress saw my scarf, she asked me how I was able to get it. I just laughed and said something like, "determination".

Posting on this site is bringing back so many memories. It's good, but hard, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

What a great and funny story dear JoAnna and a wonderful memory to have too ! :D Just goes to show you that determination really CAN pay off!! :wink: :D I can just picture the look on Elvis' face as you described it and truly enjoying the effort you went to in order to get to the stage. :D Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story with us. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:50 am 
Pharaoah

Thank you JOanna

You have some beauiful stories, thank you for taking the time to share them with us, you would make elvis proud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:51 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
When I got back to the table and the waitress saw my scarf, she asked me how I was able to get it. I just laughed and said something like, "determination".

:P Yes, DETERMINATION and I would add, JoAnna, loving CONFIDENCE too.

Thank you for sharing that story. I can see the happy Elvis' face when looking at you, most probably feeling very proud.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:33 pm 
Site Admin

Yep JoAnna that was quite a feat you pulled on that one!
And Elvis was tickled, if close enough you would have heard the muffled giggling I'm sure! I can remember other times when he would stand right in front of you, looking down, talking about it wasn't a fur jump, he could make it and said I'm thinkin' of jumpin'" with that girn on his face. And singing songs and looking at you here and them. then grinning ear to ear when you jumped up cheering, whistling and clapping for him. He loved it! I'm so glad you are here and I know that it will help you feel good again, remembering all the good times and there were sooo many of those. Bye, wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:45 pm 
Site Admin

:D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:47 pm 
Site Admin

AMEN from me on that too!! :D :D

Page 3 of 3 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3