It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 3 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: A Poem from Elvis
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:56 pm 
Owl

I'm sorry, I needed to delete this. Please look for other memories later.

JoAnna

Last edited by JoAnna on Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:40 pm 

Oh JoAnna:

Thank you for sharing. It made me cry. Such touching words but also in a way sad.

Sometimes I feel like he was afraid to be loved. Afraid that he would be hurt. No diffeerent than a lot of us.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:34 pm 
Owl

Hi Di,

I'm not sure what I should or should not share. I have some letters and poems that are just too private to share. I don't ever want to betray his trust or love. I believe that one of the reasons he loved me was because I never went to the press or talked to anyone except family and the closest of friends. He could trust me and I never want to betray that. I hope and pray that I never cross any lines. I've never written about him except for Wanda's book & that was very hard to do. It's been so long too, that I can't remember everything & unfortunately, I didn't keep a diary (I guess I thought he'd always be with us...I never thought about writing things down.) I can get an approximate timeline from the things I have tho.

Anyway, I hope that people will let me know if I say or do something wrong. I only want to honor him, always. I will always love him.

Thanks for your kind words.

JoAnna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:55 pm 

JoAnna:

You share what you feel comfortable with. I am sure you will never betray him. What you posted shows him in a light that was just like any of us. Needing and wanting love. Nothing wrong with that.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:18 pm 
Owl

Thank you Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

Di wrote:
Oh JoAnna:

Thank you for sharing. It made me cry. Such touching words but also in a way sad.

Sometimes I feel like he was afraid to be loved. Afraid that he would be hurt. No diffeerent than a lot of us.

Di

Sweet Di you spoke the feelings of my heart so perfectly here. JoAnna what an absolutely beautiful, tender and touching letter spoken directly from his precious heart filled with love. :) I thank you so much for sharing this with us, and I agree with Di also in what she said with you sharing only what you feel comfortable with. :) I can also feel such a sweetness and LIGHT in all of your posts already that tell me that you would never do anything to betray him so please don't worry about that dear one. :) Again like Di said, this beautiful letter just shows someone needing and wanting love as we all do, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:11 pm 
Site Admin

JoAnna, I can place these letters up on the ELC website on PROTECTED pages (of course there will be credit to you). Then delete them from the forum, where anyone can get them and spread them all over the net.

I will THEN put a link on this thread where to go to look at them on the website.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS OK WITH YOU.

From now on, any documents like this (photographs) we can handle this way...just send them to me in an e-mail and I will place them on protected pages on the ELC website, then a link on the forums as to where they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:13 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

What a tender heart he had. Seems to have never grown cold or jaded.
Thanks again JoAnna for sharing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:24 pm 
Owl

For a long time, I stopped looking at my things, watching his movies or listening to his music. It made me so sad. Little by little, I started to look at things and listen to music. Then I'd watch specials and movies. I use to have my mom to talk to her, but she's in heaven too. So, I kept things inside. Then it seemed as if everyhting had happened to someone else, not me. A friend of mine that knew I had al these precious poems and letters called me. He has a restaurant and now has a very large collection of Elvis things. He offered to frame my things and preserve others the same way the Library of Congress does. (I let him use one piece in an Elvis show -nothing that was too personal, in exchange for the cost-also, the guy he used, he totally trusted & I trusted my friend). My letters and poems were starting to deteriorate, so I had to do something. Now, I listen to tapes and look through my things & cry. I still cry, after 30 years. I guess I need to start from the beginning eventually. I'm just jumping around. There is a tape I have of him saying goodbye to me. Everytime I hear it, I cry. It's very short, but hearing his voice talking to me, takes me back 30 years. When I hear him talking to my mom, I cry. When I read what my mom wrote in Wanda's book, I cry. I'm just a big emotional cry baby, I guess, can't help it tho. Thank you so much for your kindness.

JoAnna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:45 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

JoAnna wrote:
There is a tape I have of him saying goodbye to me. Everytime I hear it, I cry. It's very short, but hearing his voice talking to me, takes me back 30 years. When I hear him talking to my mom, I cry. When I read what my mom wrote in Wanda's book, I cry. I'm just a big emotional cry baby, I guess, can't help it tho. Thank you so much for your kindness. JoAnna

JoAnna, it is clear Elvis still lives in your heart. What a very special friendship you must have had with him.
Also, you mention having a tape of him "saying goodbye". So I gather he must have known he was about to die.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Page 1 of 3 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next