It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:54 pm 
Owl

Di,

Yes, I would very much appreciate that. I would feel so much more comfortable sharing things if they are protected. Please let me know how it works.

Love,

JoAnna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:52 pm 
Site Admin

JoAnna I deleted the pictures of your letter-for their protection. I didn't delete the typed part as you can do that if you wish-but his written words by his hand, I thought it best because things can be taken in a flash by who knows who to do what with and they'd be lost to you and nothing you could do if they were not protected I know you copyrighted them. That's why I put some of those I used in the books-that way they are protected out there in net land and other land too. I hope you won't mind but I just had to do it-I know how it feels to share things that are very personal...it took me 27 years to say that he called me, we met at his friend's house and he was saying goodbye but neither of us could face that-and I didn't know what exactly was wrong-just that I wouldn't see him again, not alone and maybe not anywhere-it was just 7 months and a couple weeks later he was gone. I just had to remove them...Like Maia said, e-mail them to her-she will post them on protected sites as she has done my things. Everything you want to share-that was his personally in any way, let her make a gallery for you. Bye-bye, I am usually up late-but if you are working you will be tired out-I get up before sunrise and out to the horses-so it's 8:30 or later before I'm in the house. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:01 pm 
Site Admin

JoAnna it is okay to cry. I held it all in for years and it was awful doing that-then it all came out at once-and I think I cried for hours every night when I worked on the book, it was like continueous bawling and I couldn't control it at all...it just had to come out, I guess. It's a way to relieve the pain, it washes everything, it makes things more clear and it lets your heart be free after a while, to enjoy the memories, to be sad but also to be very glad and happy that at last, your loved ones are safe, waiting in a beautiful place and they'll be there to greet you and walk you up that staircase. I believe that, and so did he. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:39 pm 
Owl

Thank you Wanda. I will delete it at once. I thought that you had seen everything I had. I have some that are so much more personal than that, I would share with you and Starla, but nobody else. I feel like maybe I made a mistake getting oline and talking about things. Everyone is so nice, but I feel so much more comfortable just talking to you.

Love you,

JoAnna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:36 am 

JoAnna:

Please don't leave this group. You do not have to talk about any of your personal memories of Elvis if they make you uncomfortable.

Just be here and celebrate his life with us and the knowledge that we all have that he is still with us in spirit.

Sweetie, speak with Wanda about anything personal because keeping it in is not good for you and than just join us in our memories. I think you will enjoy it here.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:17 am 
Site Admin

JoAnna, it's okay if you don't want to post personal things on here-just what you feel comfortable with and if not, that's okay too. But you can talk about him and share with the others, everyone does that and no one is going to jump on anything you say. If they do, we will all get to gether and "kick" them out-but we don't have people who do that on here and so many have come here because they didn't like the attitudes of other sites.
This is a friendly, loving group...you can express yourself without fear of ridicule or of anyone thinking ill of what you say. And you can call me and talk about other things that you can't say to a website if you want to.
I didn't see hardly anything you have JoAnna! When things came here, I didn't open anything that wasn't mine-I sure wouldn't want someone opening my stuff!
I am kind of funny about that even today-"if my name's on it-it's mine and you better not touch!" Maybe I got that from my dad, he was like that too. Anyway, if you did show me something, I have no memory of it now-if I didn't have the things I have from him, probably couldn't remember much of anything. I think it was the surgeries and then the experience of near death in the hospital. We lose brain cells when put under heavy sedation, just like dogs and cats and other animals do...at least it seems that happened to me. Please don't stop posting here, can say whatever you want to, but you do not have to share the memories that are dearest to you, those can be yours alone, always. We all have those things we can't share, it's okay not to. love, wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:14 pm 
Site Admin

I totally agree with what Di and Wanda have said dear JoAnna. PLEASE DON'T leave the group here as it really is such a warm, uplifting and loving place to be. It is perfectly understandable if you do not want to share your most personal memories here. Just share or discuss whatever makes you most comfortable---no one here will criticize you at all no matter what you say. Also like has already been said, if you choose to stay, which I hope you will, you can still share the love you have for Elvis and celebrate his life with us. You have already brought such a sweet spirit to the group in the time that you've been here that it would be sad to see you go. Either way, you and your decision will be respected. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:45 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Please don't leave this group. You do not have to talk about any of your personal memories of Elvis if they make you uncomfortable.

Just be here and celebrate his life with us and the knowledge that we all have that he is still with us in spirit.

JoAnn,

I truly believe this is a place where we can express freely LOVE, the best of the human nature, that field of energy that takes us closer to our essential source of being. Elvis has helped us to resonate with Love's vibration, because he mastered in it. He may seem our focal center, but he is our "bridge" to our own soul.

We talk here all levels of themes around or about him, but the main thing I think, is the direction his soul signals to us. We are trying to better understand him, to better understand ourselves. His human path talks of our own.

You are free too to approach -if you wish- Elvis the individual, Elvis the myth or Elvis the soul, or even transcend him. Nobody is going to press you in any direction you don't feel to take.

Please, feel welcomed as a person called JoAnn and no more -and no less- if you feel like it. :)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:14 pm 
Site Admin

She'll be back Amanda; it's all part of the master plan I think. She needs us and so guess who's pulling the strings-I'd take bets on it! And win. She's going to get a site made by Maia for her personal things that she wants to post etc; and we can use the link to go to there and things will be safe. Maia is such a wonderful person, giving, loving and very gifted spiritually and with these confounded machines of today as well. Amazing lady! I so wish Elvis would have been able to meet her, but he was so ill and his guys were so dead set that he would not get involved in that "spiritual crap" to borrow his father's words. They would not let Maia go into Elvis' room where he had been "holding court" with different ones whom the guys were "letting" meet him. Elvis was most likely in bed as he was feeling very, very weak and worn down at that time and was struggling with all the pressures of those vegas stints and tours and his health was just beginning to be a big drain on him. So fate again stepped in-and those strings were pulled because Maia bought our first book, wrote to me and though I responded to everyone who wrote me, she wrote back and for some reason I continued to reply. I did not to everyone-I couldn't there were too many writing and answering again so I had to limit that some. Usually I just sent a nice card for whatever holiday was close and then didn't respond because most would send me a card and they didn't ask any questions or etc: so I didn't write again. Some I did kind of more writing to but with Maia, it was like I had to. That was different-weird and strange -again. Fate. Boy, if there had been computers then it would have been so easy to keep in touch with them all! Guess we just had to cool down before that happened. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:27 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you for your comment to mine, Wanda.

I feel so true what you say above... :) My heart fills with love for you, dear friend.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 2 of 3 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next