It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: How it all started
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:02 pm 
Owl

I was sitting around a kitchen table at my friend Pam's house. Across the table was her younger brother and his friend, Julie, they were 5 years younger than us. I was 18 years old. The day was April 1st, the next day was my 19th birthday. Julie kept staring at me until I finally said "What?" She asked me "If you could have anyone famous call you for your birthday, who would it be?" I said "Bob Hope". She sighed. Then she gave me hints about Memphis and Graceland. I said "Glen Campbell". She was in shock. She said something like "Never mind!" A little later she asked me if I would like Elvis Presley to call me for my birthday. I said something like "Of course I would!" She explained how she and her family knew him and he was her "Uncle Elvis" and she was his "Little Julie". The next morning, my phone rang. The caller said he was Elvis Presley. I started shaking. I knew in my heart it was him (that voice!) but my brain was saying, "NO WAY!" I asked him who he really was (after all, the day when Julie (Starla) told me all of this was April Fools Day). He said that he thought I was aware that he'd be calling me. Julie had told me things he liked to keep him interested, like football and karate. I was a cheerleader in high school and had 3 brothers, I knew about football. We talked for about an hour. Then when I got to work, he called me again. That was the beginning of our wonderful, beautiful friendship. Thank you Julie (Starla). After I had said Bob Hope and Glen Campbell, she could have easily said forget it. But I guess there was something she saw in me that she thought he would like. I am forever grateful to her and to Wanda and Jimmie for being wonderful friends and family to me.

That's enough for now,

JoAnna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:21 pm 

What a wonderful memory and what wonderful friends.

Remembering will keep him alive forever in your heart.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

Thats such a cute story JoAnna.... Thanks for sharing :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:36 pm 
Site Admin

What a sweet story and such a cute beginning to a beautiful friendship. :D Thank you so much dear JoAnna for sharing this with us. :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]