It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Affairs
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:28 am 
Dragon

I was reading another forum and I am shocked at what is being said about Elvis and Priscilla. I am so glad that I have found this forum! They were saying that Elvis was a womaniser and Priscilla seemed to have multiple affairs while she was with Elvis and actually left a boyfriend in Germany to be with Elvis? Please tell me this is not true.

I realise that women were many and were part of Elvis's life but as I recall he was faithful to Cilla until things kind of fell apart which is part of life and many people do that. I know she saw Mike Stone while she was with Elvis but surely that was the only one, I can understand why she did it. It does not make it right for her or Elvis but I understand how and why it happened but surely it is not as these people were saying it.

People just don't understand the dymanics of this whole saga....

I think if Priscilla actually had to sit down one day and give us all the details things would all make sense and these people would just shut up and leave her and E be.... For goodness sake these are human beings with feelings and emotions!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Vixen,
Yes I have heard there are lots of sites that say a lot of things-but you know, gossip is the name of the game these days-
Elvis played the field while she was growing up, and he said they discussed getting married someday when the time was right and she was old enough and he was sure she wanted to be his wife because he didn't believe in divorce. Anyway, I think he tried to be faithful after they married; he was so happy over the baby coming, and couldn't wait. He was thrilled with his daughter and loved her dearly and he said that he loved to watch his wife with their baby, he said she was a great little mother and he just loved her. Then he did the tv special...things changed, he changed and Pris didn't understand I guess how music and entertainment was his life. I can see how it would be hard to accept the fact that my husband looked like he did, had all t hose beautiful women around him, after him daily and he could be faithful? Pris was at home, recovering from giving birth, not looking her best and I'm sure she was unsure and so he mentioned the dancers having kids and not looking like it so she took up dancing to get her figure back. Things happened, Elvis found out, he cheated, she cheated, they had separate lives apart and then were family together for Lisa and too, they still had that bond, they loved each other but I think maybe it was friendship and a common bond more than husband and wife. Whatever, Elvis said he loved her in 76 and that he always would and she was his wife. He didn't feel he could get married as long as he felt that way-he wanted her back, he wanted his family and he wanted more kids but his health failed him and he didn't have time to move on. Lots hapened Vixen, his career was a big, big part of it, that and how it took over his every thought, his life totally and he loved being on that stage, making people happy. It was his purpose, his reason for being and though he had dreams of having a family, a home and kids and being "normal" it wasn't meant for him in this lifetime, I guess. I don't know everything either, none of us do. We were not there, didn't not have a ring side seat to see and hear what went on between the two of them, but one is gone and the other chooses to remember as she pleases and what makes her happy. I think she's come a long way, she's happier and seems more free to discuss Elvis and her with warmth and love like never before. More power to her. I think it's great-he would want this, would want her to remember the good times, the love they shared and to be happy. I loved watching her on the Larry King show, she was warm, outgoing, happy and eager to share and she slipped and said, "He loves football" and then quickly changed it to past tense...I loved that, knowing that he is right there, in her heart where he belonged all along, where he wanted to be and I think that she was always in his heart, so much so he couldn't find another woman to take her place. And yes, he tried-he didn't have a problem finding women... Another reason so many of them were around was that kept him busy, he wasn't demanding anything of the guys, they didn't have to baby sit him etc:...and you know, he liked keeping them up all night singing with him...so get him a new woman....that's what they did. Always had an eye out for one he might like- Elvis was looking for someone to replace Priscilla...Ginger looked like her, was young like her during the times when he was the happiest and he finally realized when someone told him, that he was trying to get those days back, that it was just that she reminded him of better times...so it was over for him-he thought he was in love but it just wasn't so. Elvis needed female companionship...he was spoiled to being waited on, to not being alone, to having someone looking after him etc:...he was a southern spoiled rotten only child and a son, boy...who didn't get past that when he grew up either, because there were always girls ready to step in and take over any time. Womanizer-I don't know if that is the correct term-I think Elvis just flat out enjoyed and loved having women around him....and not just for sex...but for companionship and to feel that he was cared about and loved. He didn't like being alone-he said it made him think to much, about things maybe he didn't want to think about. So he fixed it so he didn't have to.
You know Vixen, I think it's great that almost every female who ever knew Elvis, spent any time with him or worked with him all still love him...even his exwife. That says a whole lot about the kind of guy he was. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:43 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I just made a new youtube.
It was there alreaddy some time in my head.
When I look at Priscilla I see sadness, and lots of "what ifs".

LIfe went on during those 30 years but I still believe Elvis is still in her hearth, like Wanda said.
That's were he shouldbe. He loved her, she loved him but sadly it couldn't last.

Priscilla has come to terms with lots of things, she understands him now more then she did when she was younger. Maybe if Elvis still have lived today finally those two had gotten the chance to be back together.

It makes me sad, Elvis died so early, it could have been so different for both of them now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkv78M-FPZU

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:24 pm 
Site Admin

Wanda June Hill wrote:
You know Vixen, I think it's great that almost every female who ever knew Elvis, spent any time with him or worked with him all still love him...even his exwife. That says a whole lot about the kind of guy he was. wjh

AMEN my dear friend. :D It most definitely does say a whole lot about the kind of guy he was and the endless capacity of love in his beautiful heart :D Thank you also for your very heartfelt and well stated explanation and answer to Vixen's questions. :) Sweet Alna thank you so much for posting the link to the video you made. :) Very nice pictures, beautiful song and very touching and moving to watch. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:44 pm 
Site Admin

Personally I see alot of sadness in her eyes... and knowing that she keeps a diary that must add to the pain she can refresh everything just by reading it... i wouldnt want to that if i were in her place...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:09 pm 
Pharaoah

I have to agree priscilla does have some sadness in her eyes and latey on interviews it seems to me that she holding back her feelings . When she talking about elvis its like she's in another time or place with elvis and she remembring all the times she spent with him. It must be hard to know that she can't go back in time and tell elvis all the things she must have inside her heart, and take away the pain those two put on eachtogther. I just hope that elvis is by her side and guiding her and lisa though crazies of today's world.

sorry l tend to go on and on :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:22 am 
Dragon

Thanks Wanda and all the girls for replying, I am so appreciative of the replies......

I understand much better now and like everyone says I do think she has grown up and has matured and probably understands where things went wrong and why... I also believe that she lives with alot of what if's..... And I believe she does hold an eternal flame for him and if he was here today, I am sure things would have been different. This is so very tragic....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:01 am 
Site Admin

I just reached for my copy of Elvis and Me and in that she said after the last phone call if she knew that he was going she would have told him alot more.. things she felt and didnt have the chance to say or the time wasnt right...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:33 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Indeed she wrote that.
It is a good lesson for everyone.
Don't wait to tell your loved ones what you want to tell them but never do.
It can be too late so easily.

Sad.

Their story began as a fairytale but it had such a sad end.

We all wanted to see him happy but we saw his pain, his deterioration.

We couldn't help him, noone could.

Now we see Pris her pain and once again we cannot help her either.

IMO those two should have stayed together forever and ever....

Perhaps in a next life, they will.

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
Quote:
Indeed she wrote that.
It is a good lesson for everyone.
Don't wait to tell your loved ones what you want to tell them but never do.
It can be too late so easily.

Bearing in mind that one never knows just what's in store around the corner, yes this is a very good, useful and helpful lesson to learn for everyone I do believe too!

AMEN my angels! :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]