It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: JoAnna's Elvis Scarves
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:06 pm 
Site Admin

I have another page up for JoAnna - it is linked to her main into page.

http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/WJH/joanna_gifts-01.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:46 pm 

The look in his eyes says it all. It is nice to see him look happy. Joanna, hold onto those memories and know he is not far away.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:24 pm 
Site Admin

Di wrote:
The look in his eyes says it all. It is nice to see him look happy. Joanna, hold onto those memories and know he is not far away.

Di

I agree with you 1000% Di! :D Such a loving look in his eyes and so happy too. :D My heart smiles seeing this. :D :D Precious memories that I know that you'll keep in your heart always dear JoAnna, where as sweet Di said he is never far away from. :D Maia my angel, thank you for posting the link and JoAnna thank you for sharing this with us. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:43 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, that's a happy, pleased little smirk if ever there was one on that face! He sent quite a few different looks her way on several occasions that I got to witness! That first time he did America The Beautiful...in concert where we were- wow...he looked at her, she jumped up clapping and cheering for him, he grinned ear to ear and just stood looking at her like he was in a daze a moment or so...then remembered what he was doing and where he was! It was a moment frozen in time right there!
The whole place was stunned by his rendention of that song, he put everything into it, very dramatic and the spoken part was something else-like WOW! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:43 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

It is wonderful to have more direct personal references of this private portion of Elvis' world that includes Wanda, JoAnna and the rest of this circle of friends. It's so nice to have Wanda's eyes seeing what JoAnna says -and the other way too! Everything told comes even so much more to life!

Many thanks to all of you for sharing your Elvis with us! :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:27 pm 
Owl

I just now read all these posts, thank you everyone. It's so much fun thinking back (wiping all the cobwebs off my brain) and remembering all those wonderful, happy, exciting memories. At the time, I didn't know how precious these memories would be, or I would have kept a diary. I was just being a friend to him, and he was being a friend to me (with a lot of dreaming, out loud, about what else could be & lots of giggling by both of us).

I am so happy that I found Wanda and Starla and this website. It's so fun to be able to share my memories with Wanda, cuz she remembers them too. It's just like being back in her living room, talking about what's new with all of us, and watching movies. I miss those times. When I remember America the Beautiful, it's funny. We use to read poetry to each other, and sometimes share our own. Other times we would just recite things we had memorized. One day, we couldn't think of anything else. We'd even recited the Pledge of Allegiance, then we recited America the Beautiful. Next thing I know, he's using it in his concerts and he told me I had inspired him to sing it. It was powerful. That's the song he sang in Vegas, when I knew everyone would stand up for it & I ran across the tops of people's chairs to sit on the stage and wait for him to come to me. I will never forget the look on his face. I had locked away a lot of my memories for a long time. I'm glad they are being unlocked now. Maybe I should write them all down in a journal now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:13 pm 

Joanna:

Never lose those memories for they are so precious.

From all the wonderful posts on here by you, Wanda, Maia and everyone else my perception of what Elvis really was has been comfirmed.

A kind, loving person who would do anything to help someone not just that super star personna. He was so much more.

Thank you for sharing.

Di

Last edited by Di on Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:35 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
I had locked away a lot of my memories for a long time. I'm glad they are being unlocked now. Maybe I should write them all down in a journal now?

If my heartfelt opinion counts, YOU SHOULD WRITE ALL THOSE MEMORIES DOWN, JOANNA. And I'm not thinking only in Elvis' fans, but also in his daughter and his other descendants. Elvis was a kaleidoscopic person, with so many facets. The more is known of them, the better understanding of the expression of his soul will be possible. Much to learn throught it...

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:33 pm 
Owl

Quote:
If my heartfelt opinion counts, YOU SHOULD WRITE ALL THOSE MEMORIES DOWN, JOANNA.

Of course your opinion counts Amanda! I've been thinking about writing down everything that I can remember, for years. I think it's time to start doing that, especially now that this wonderful website is helping me remember. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:45 am 
Site Admin

Amanda Viola wrote:
Quote:
I had locked away a lot of my memories for a long time. I'm glad they are being unlocked now. Maybe I should write them all down in a journal now?

If my heartfelt opinion counts, YOU SHOULD WRITE ALL THOSE MEMORIES DOWN, JOANNA. And I'm not thinking only in Elvis' fans, but also in his daughter and his other descendants. Elvis was a kaleidoscopic person, with so many facets. The more is known of them, the better understanding of the expression of his soul will be possible. Much to learn throught it...

AMEN dear Amanda and I agree wholeheartedly with what you said here. :D :D Yes you should write them all down sweet JoAnna for like Amanda said, the more that is known about these many facets of dear Elvis, the greater the understanding will be of such a wonderful man and precious loving soul as well. :D :D

Page 1 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next